Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

bored of the hate, would rather he at least attempted to earn his ridiculous wages on the pitch than put out to pasture. I don't forgive him for recent years at all but I also don't forget some of the important goals he has scored in the past.

Do i think he should still be a Villa player, probably not, but he is and no amount of me or anyone else moaning will change that. Bruce is giving him what must be his final drink in the last chance saloon, let's see what happens and maybe get behind him and the team.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, R.Bear said:

For a team like us, who have achieved essentially nothing in most of our lives, having a player who's scored in many derbies, stayed with us for 10 years etc is as good as we will ever get. We're never going to have a genuine legend because anyone decent will be carted off after a couple of good games. It's all relative.

Your absolutely having a laugh- he's only stayed with us because no one else wants him- can you not see this?

i have wolves fans as friends and they told me he wouldn't have made their league one team. That's how badly he was perceived by them.

enough said surely !

11 minutes ago, Dave J said:

Your absolutely having a laugh- he's only stayed with us because no one else wants him- can you not see this?

i have wolves fans as friends and they told me he wouldn't have made their league one team. That's how badly he was perceived by them.

enough said surely !

61010906.jpg

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/2326248/Gabriel-Agbonlahor-rules-out-Arsenal-move.html

Gabriel Agbonlahor, who has been linked with a £15 million move to Arsenal, has said that he is happy at Aston Villa.

The academy product has attracted interest from leading clubs after a sparkling start to the current campaign, which has brought him five goals.

"I'm a local lad who is enjoying my football. There is no reason why I want to leave Villa."

http://www.espnfc.com/story/1013183/gabriel-agbonlahor-has-no-interest-in-leaving-aston-villa

Aston Villa striker Gabriel Agbonlahor has revealed he wants to stay at the club for the rest of his career, indicating it would be pointless for any club to make a bid for him.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11677/8875611/gabriel-agbonlahor-labelled-unplayable-after-aston-villa-won-3-1-at-arsenal

"Agbonlahor gave as good a solo performance as I've seen for many, many years. He was unplayable.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Yeah cuz someone who buys players like Sanchez, Van persie, Giroud - would really want Gabby. Now stop trying to wind us up- I actually saw through this month's ago JV - but like you I enjoy the banter- the truth is you can't really rate him can you?

IF he puts his fitness and desire to improve for the season as the priority then I'm all up for him trying to force his way into the squad.  He looked lively when he came on yesterday and at the very least it'll make the players around him want to impress to merit their starting place. Do I think he'll work his way to being in the starting squad (barring injuries)? No.  Do I think that he'll be here for years to come.  No.  Do I think that he could potentially be an option for us this season where we aren't doing anything of note and need a fresh pair of legs? Yes.  I think Bruce has got this one right.  Get him to at least being playable and being confident and he can be called upon.  

Edited by trekka

2 minutes ago, trekka said:

IF he puts his fitness and desire to improve for the season as the priority then I'm all up for him trying to force his way into the squad.  He looked lively when he came on yesterday and at the very least it'll make the players around him want to impress to merit their starting place. Do I think he'll work his way to being in the starting squad (barring injuries)? No.  Do I think that he'll be here for years to come.  No.  Do I think that he could potentially be an option for us this season where we aren't doing anything of note and need a fresh pair of legs? Yes.  I think Bruce has got this one right.  

Lively - he ran around the absolute minimum requirement - this is akin to saying Phil Taylor threw his darts towards the board.

has it really reached the stage where he is getting praised for " running around"

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, ChrisVillan said:

Looks like an observation to me.

Exactly.

7 minutes ago, Dave J said:

Lively - he ran around the absolute minimum requirement - this is akin to saying Phil Taylor threw his darts towards the board.

has it really reached the stage where he is getting praised for " running around"

He seemed hungry and the lively bit was just that.  As I've said, it's a big if, but I wouldn't just yet discount him doing a job when needed.  Remember the level at which we're playing.  

12 minutes ago, trekka said:

Exactly.

He seemed hungry and the lively bit was just that.  As I've said, it's a big if, but I wouldn't just yet discount him doing a job when needed.  Remember the level at which we're playing.  

Sorry - didn't wish to have sounded rude- I am of an age that can remember Ian ormondroyd running himself stupid and still getting dogs abuse from the holte- clearly not as quick as Gabby, but certainly no less skill- and yet Gabby appears to get plaudits for doing the very basic requisite of being a professional footballer and this much I struggle with.

As I say apologies if I came across as rude.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Dave J said:

Sorry - didn't wish to have sounded rude- I am of an age that can remember Ian ormondroyd running himself stupid and still getting dogs abuse from the holte- clearly not as quick as Gabby, but certainly no less skill- and yet Gabby appears to get plaudits for doing the very basic requisite of being a professional footballer and this much I struggle with.

As I say apologies if I came across as rude.

It's no bother :)  We all have opinions. 

No need to apologise by the way. 

Edited by trekka
  • Like 1

Just now, OutByEaster? said:

Although it's Grealish's injury that's most likely to benefit his first team chances.

Possibly. I don't see him starting this week even if Grealish and Adomah are both out along with Ayew. Having said that I have been wide of the mark with Gabby a lot lately as thought he was done here and even when Bruce said he was willing to give him a chance I still didn't expect to see him back involved especially not so soon.

Â