Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

11 hours ago, John said:

It is only second hand information I have but on BBC Radio WM's phone in tonight a Villa fan who was at the game said Gabby ignored the fans who gave him that ovation as he left the field. He might not have heard it (to give him the benefit of the doubt) particularly had it been the 50-or-so the Birmingham Mail mention above rather than the 200 the Villa fan said were there but it reminds me a little of the last goal he scored in front of the Holte End when he chose not to celebrate his goal. It appeared then that he held us fans responsible rather than himself for the downturn in his fortunes. That should not have been the case then and it should not be now. If Gabby wants a second/third/fourth chance with us then the least he can do is to offer the same to the fans who have and who continue to contribute towards his wages.     

56730825.jpg

2 hours ago, Dave J said:

Just a quick one JV - care to tell us exactly what in your eyes you think  he would bring to the team tomorrow ?

I'll be completely honest, at this point I don't know, reason being I havent't really seen him in action for so long.

However based on what he can do on his best form, running down the channels and stretching opposition, providing possible assists, hold up play, odd goal?

On 11/3/2016 at 19:49, OutByEaster? said:

We play with three forward players - I think at the moment the first choice three are Ayew, Kodjia and Adomah. The second choice three are Grealish, McCormack and Gestede. I make Gabby 7th choice for one of three positions at the moment, just ahead of Green and Hepburn-Murphy. With Ayew, Adomah and Grealish potentially out on Saturday, I think that should put him on the bench. It's also tremendous depth - I have no idea who our 7th choice is for a midfield berth.

.......Gabby!

.....guess whos the 7th choice keeper......

10 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I'll be completely honest, at this point I don't know, reason being I havent't really seen him in action for so long.

However based on what he can do on his best form, running down the channels and stretching opposition, providing possible assists, hold up play, odd goal?

Well fair play JV for your honesty - but you are wrong sorry- Hold up play- goals? - I did say Gabby remember :-)

• Like 1

He's definitely capable of being a useful squad player for us in this league. And I think he's useful when, in a winning position, he can be left up top due to his pace. I used to say his best "skill" was winning us throw-ins and corners from long punts down field as he has the pace to pressure defenders. This is a key asset when required, thus making him a useful component in our squad. 

When you look at the calibre of defenders in the league would it be fair to say thay Gabby is actually quite an intelligent footballer in comparison? Not often we could say that in the past but I beginning to think he could easily look a step above in this league......if he can get in serious shape.

He has another two weeks now with the international break to work himself into the ground.

• Like 4

Bah! Can't believe he is getting game time. Seems to have more lives than a squadron of cats.

Grudgingly, whilst he is on the pitch he will have my support. He does not deserve the chance he is being given by Bruce - let's hope for Villa's sake that he makes the most of it. 

• Like 1

Â