Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

On 11/5/2016 at 19:45, TheStagMan said:

Bah! Can't believe he is getting game time. Seems to have more lives than a squadron of cats.

Grudgingly, whilst he is on the pitch he will have my support. He does not deserve the chance he is being given by Bruce - let's hope for Villa's sake that he makes the most of it. 

No.....its definately a "Clowder":rolleyes::rolleyes:

21 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

If they are to be our future, we could do with signing RHM up sharpish, there are rumours of a January contract offer from Rangers. His is up in the summer.

Watford sniffing too.

1 hour ago, Junxs said:

I'm not sure how I'd be feeling if i was Kodjia listening to the boss claiming that theres no one better than Gabby Agbonlahor in this division

To be fair, as professional footballers I reckon they know how the "game" works. "Talk your players up" to boost confidence etc. Didn't Oneill liken Ashley Young to Messi or something of the sort? Kodjia is a lad who already seems very confident in his own abilities. Don't think he will look into that too deeply at all.

2 hours ago, Junxs said:

I'm not sure how I'd be feeling if i was Kodjia listening to the boss claiming that theres no one better than Gabby Agbonlahor in this division

I'm not sure how he kept a straight face when he said it. 

8 hours ago, Junxs said:

Probably motivated. " When Gabby scores a goal, I am gonna go get me a hat trick."

Or, they form a partnership that tears this league a new one. :)

6 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Because he's a pro. We're just a few mongs spouting bollocks on a message board. We're only ever occasionally right by accident. 

He also bigged up Kodjia, saying he's a managers dream and how you only have to come and see him play to realise how good he is. If there's one thing I definitely do trust Bruce with, 100%, it's man management. He's very O'Neill like in that respect, just let him get on with it. 

Well said DDID! 

Bruce is only really saying what most Villa fans said previously, that a fit and "up for it" Gabby would terrorise defences in this league.

Gayle is probably top of the scoring charts right now and two years ago there's no way you'd swap them. I know, I know, two years ago... But, if Gabby can get back to fitness and have his right head on he could definitely make a huge difference to us. 

NO NO NO, for ****s sake. Going to have to bring some balance back to this. 

THERE IS NO WAY THAT THIS IDIOT DESERVES YET ANOTHER CHANCE. Whilst I will support any player who is on the pitch (because it makes no sense to impact the team whilst they are playing) I do not support this cretin being allowed to wear the colours of this great club.

Having him playing is detrimental to the likes of RHM and Green developing, and it would not surprise me if they look at this and decide that their futures lie elsewhere.

I guess that whilst there are people so desperate to get out of this league they will forgive anything that we have to put up with this embarrassment being allowed back into the fold. Doesn't mean that I have to like it.

It sickens me to hear people saying how he will save us and how great it is that he is back. The thing that terrifies me about this is that Bruce is so in awe of him that he might decide that he is all we need to cover AFCON, and rather than developing our youngsters or going out and getting someone better in Jan, we end up relying on him and he lets us down again.

• Like 2

imagine losing RHM as well as Adama in the space of a year. Both will be proper proper footballers in a few years time. For Adomah and Gabby. I know we need to fix now.. but at the expense of the future.. 

Gabby should have been a back up to RHM in the squad. 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, villarocker said:

Well said DDID! 

Bruce is only really saying what most Villa fans said previously, that a fit and "up for it" Gabby would terrorise defences in this league.

Gayle is probably top of the scoring charts right now and two years ago there's no way you'd swap them. I know, I know, two years ago... But, if Gabby can get back to fitness and have his right head on he could definitely make a huge difference to us. 

Wow! A little bit of salvation amongst this madness 

9 hours ago, TheStagMan said:

NO NO NO, for ****s sake. Going to have to bring some balance back to this. 

THERE IS NO WAY THAT THIS IDIOT DESERVES YET ANOTHER CHANCE. Whilst I will support any player who is on the pitch (because it makes no sense to impact the team whilst they are playing) I do not support this cretin being allowed to wear the colours of this great club.

Having him playing is detrimental to the likes of RHM and Green developing, and it would not surprise me if they look at this and decide that their futures lie elsewhere.

I guess that whilst there are people so desperate to get out of this league they will forgive anything that we have to put up with this embarrassment being allowed back into the fold. Doesn't mean that I have to like it.

It sickens me to hear people saying how he will save us and how great it is that he is back. The thing that terrifies me about this is that Bruce is so in awe of him that he might decide that he is all we need to cover AFCON, and rather than developing our youngsters or going out and getting someone better in Jan, we end up relying on him and he lets us down again.

Wow! a little bit of salvation amongst all of this madness 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Interesting comment. Who has said that?

several people...

"So in theory gabby should be able to tear this league up"

"he will frighten anyone in this league"

"A fit Gabby would be one of the best strikers in the Championship. No doubt about it."

"a fit and "up for it" Gabby would terrorise defences in this league"

"Better option than McCormack IMO" 

"There is no better centre forward in this division when he is at his best"       (admittedly that was Bruce being quoted)

"he scares the living daylights out of Championship players"

"he could easily look a step above in this league"

• Like 2

11 hours ago, KSV said:

imagine losing RHM as well as Adama in the space of a year. Both will be proper proper footballers in a few years time. For Adomah and Gabby.

Have to say it's a pity but neither can get us what we need right this second. Doesn't matter, Tony will just buy them back ala Pogba when they are any good. 

Â