Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

6 hours ago, AlwaysAVFC said:

he

he knuckled down since the incidents last season, got himself fit, showed some pride and passion, i would accept him back and hope he got some goals.

as if this is likely to happen? I'm afraid your clutching at straws.

9 minutes ago, Dave J said:

as if this is likely to happen? I'm afraid your clutching at straws.

There's no clutching at all. I'm not expecting it to happen.

As I said in my post he could have been a much better player than he has been and his critics in the past and present have been over the top when talking about his ability. If he had the aptitude he could have been better. He has a decent strike with both feet, he put in some good crosses, could get his head on a few too. His hold up play got better, although when he played on his own up front it completely negated his main attributes and his pace was obviously his main attribute. 

Its pretty obvious he's not the most intelligent footballer or intelligent full stop, which limits his potential but a better attitude and some graft would have seen him have more success.

I'm not sure why I'm even defending him, because i've not really wanted him in the team for quite a while. It's just if last season gave him the bang on the head to realise what the hell he's doing/not doing I would have welcomed him back. That's not to say it's something I expected to happen.

Again repeating myself from my previous post, he needs to go.

Reading other player threads I really can't believe some of the bile towards them, some deserved, some OTT. Yet some would forgive Gabby and give him a second chance.

Bacuna's lack off effort at times and his misguided, (yet I believe been twisted out of context) comments-about playing champs league football back in Holland. Means he's rightly or wrongly been ostracised, ridiculed and called all the names under the sun. 

Lescott's  stupid car tweet and Crap form makes him righty or wrongly a word removed among other things. Richards again a word removed for his tweets and general crap form. X3 players that the majority seemed to have a personal go at and want gone, and I agree they need to go.

I just can't understand how's gabby's numerous dodgy antics last season, his poor fitness and shocking attitude coupled with his shocking form for years now anyone would want to give him a chance. He's the one for me over all the players I mentioned deserves nothing but vitriol and be sent packing. I was astonished he was given a squad number, cannot wait to see the back of this parasite for good. 

Edited by thabucks
  • Like 4

10 hours ago, Gary Thomas said:

I have always assumed that playing regular first team football would be (at least a small) motivation for any player.....

Yes I would agree with that in 99% of cases but there are exceptions that do not see playing football as being a significant motivation when not doing so has no significant impact on their income. N'Zog is one that springs to mind as an example. If Gabby still had any motivation to play football for us he would have shown that last season when the club that made him was in it's hour of need but we all know that the headlines he made were not football related ones last season.      

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AlwaysAVFC said:

There's no clutching at all. I'm not expecting it to happen.

As I said in my post he could have been a much better player than he has been and his critics in the past and present have been over the top when talking about his ability. If he had the aptitude he could have been better. He has a decent strike with both feet, he put in some good crosses, could get his head on a few too. His hold up play got better, although when he played on his own up front it completely negated his main attributes and his pace was obviously his main attribute. 

Its pretty obvious he's not the most intelligent footballer or intelligent full stop, which limits his potential but a better attitude and some graft would have seen him have more success.

I'm not sure why I'm even defending him, because i've not really wanted him in the team for quite a while. It's just if last season gave him the bang on the head to realise what the hell he's doing/not doing I would have welcomed him back. That's not to say it's something I expected to happen.

Again repeating myself from my previous post, he needs to go.

I think we must agree to disagree when you try to defend his ability as a footballer- I have been watching Villa since the mid- seventies and I can say this much in my opinion and I fully accept this may not be worth much- but i'm telling you this much- he is one of the most limited footballers to wear our great shirt. Yes he can run fast- beyond this?? Ermm

• Like 1

He was raw but had good potential if his attitude was right, he could destroy average defenders at times.

Unfortunately he let himself go. A good example of a player who had similar attributes and was perhaps even more raw at the time is Shane Long, the difference between the two now is attitude.

• Like 2

On 8/5/2016 at 16:21, thabucks said:

So lescott tweets a pic of a car after a bad defeat and is unforgivable in some people's eyes. Yet people will give this parasite a second chance after his antics last season plus the fact he is shit full stop. The mind boggles. 

The new guy at work turns up late almost every day since he has been here, doesn't really give a toss as this is a step down from a much more prestigious organisation. EDIT: And he is probably more shit at this job than the old guy.

The guy who has been with the company for close to 20 years has lost his way a bit this year, has personal problems compounded by the diminishing work atmosphere and general downturn in fortunes at the firm. It has also affected his performances recently.

Seems comparable.:rolleyes:

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

Does look promising but who on earth would be buying/paying him? Has to be a Dubai type thing. 

Guess we'll find out soon enough. Spring cleaning for sure though. So so needed but amazed it's actually happened to this extent. 

Â