Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

I mean he has those days where he's simply unplayable so he does have it in his locker, but I swear he CBA half the time. He can control the ball decently, but sometimes he just doesn't give enough of a shit and so you have his first touch go 20 yards away from him. He can make a decent run in behind the defence, but sometimes he'd just rather stroll around and maybe just copy his strike partner's run to make it look like he cares ya know?

• Like 1

I mean he has those days where he's simply unplayable so he does have it in his locker, but I swear he CBA half the time. He can control the ball decently, but sometimes he just doesn't give enough of a shit and so you have his first touch go 20 yards away from him. He can make a decent run in behind the defence, but sometimes he'd just rather stroll around and maybe just copy his strike partner's run to make it look like he cares ya know?

When does he have them games where hes unplayable?
  • Like 1

Gabby's been rubbish for about 5 years to be fair. He only got a professional contract because of his pace (or so said an article on him in The Guardian about five years). His ceiling was always very low and he was always going to peak early. He's just not naturally a football, he's a sprinter.

• Like 2

I think the summer he decided to bulk up was the start of his decline as a player. Then he was probably the quickest player in football and that afforded him the time on the ball to make up for his poor technique. For some reason he or the management decided he needed to do a load of bench press and mass building instead of maintaining his explosiveness and speed. Presumably the idea was to develop into a bit more of a target man, I don't know, But the result was he lost his edge and became just quick instead of the quickest. That, coupled with your standard premier league players being a bit more athletic than they were when he broke through and he doesn't really have any outstanding attributes. Still think he's a squad player but should not be starting for us anymore.

Edited by a m ole
  • Like 1

Don't believe he has lost it. He can still put in a performance, unfortunately though its very rare.

I still love him to bits, but I think he will need to smarten up this season, or else he will end up being a squad player an rarely get a game. I hope personally he knows this.

Don't believe he has lost it. He can still put in a performance, unfortunately though its very rare.

I still love him to bits, but I think he will need to smarten up this season, or else he will end up being a squad player an rarely get a game. I hope personally he knows this.

The worrying thing is no manager has ever dropped him for more than a game or two. He has had a free pass for the past five years and so far under Sherwood (albeit a limited time) it's continued.

It's like he manages to be shit for maybe 6-7 games and it looks like he'll be dropped and then he decides to have a good game and scores a goal and we win. Rinse and repeat. Get Gestede fit and into the starting lineup instead of Gabby as soon as possible.

I mean he has those days where he's simply unplayable so he does have it in his locker, but I swear he CBA half the time. He can control the ball decently, but sometimes he just doesn't give enough of a shit and so you have his first touch go 20 yards away from him. He can make a decent run in behind the defence, but sometimes he'd just rather stroll around and maybe just copy his strike partner's run to make it look like he cares ya know?

When does he have them games where hes unplayable?
we have sunderland end of the month..possible 1 good game

The worrying thing is no manager has ever dropped him for more than a game or two. He has had a free pass for the past five years and so far under Sherwood (albeit a limited time) it's continued.

not really true, Sherwood didnt play him in the cup final when he was fit

I would say he has been our worst player this season. And now that N'Zogbia is no longer playing, there is no one to take that accolade from him.

Not the worst player, we still had Lambert's left overs who couldn't even get a sniff of a game.

We've had two games of a season where he's played reasonably, he's not been good and we've been a bit disjointed in both games, but he's not been awful either, bang average in both games.

He's also been made club captain and started every game so far and in pre-season. This thread is strange. He'll play 30 games this season. 

• Like 2

Any other player putting in the sort of performances he does on the money he is earning would be absolutely scalded on here. All that saves him is being at this club his entire career.

He is absolutely scalded on here. If you read this thread, he'll be leaving the club in the next week or two for a lower league club having shamed the name of Aston Villa. Meanwhile, in the real world....

• Like 2

We've had two games of a season where he's played reasonably, he's not been good and we've been a bit disjointed in both games, but he's not been awful either, bang average in both games.

He's also been made club captain and started every game so far and in pre-season. This thread is strange. He'll play 30 games this season.

Don't think he will play anywhere near 30 games now we have many options like traore , Gil, grealish besides the current list of strikers .

I think gabby will soon find himself on the bench at best .

It's like he manages to be shit for maybe 6-7 games and it looks like he'll be dropped and then he decides to have a good game and scores a goal and we win. Rinse and repeat. Get Gestede fit and into the starting lineup instead of Gabby as soon as possible.

I know, it's almost as if these professional managers earning tens of thousands of pounds a week who's only job is to judge players ability and who see those players every day know more about them than we fans do? Madness

Â