Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

Do not want him here. How he is fit to wear the shirt is beyond me. Never will be a villa great in my eyes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k46ejvF2BFE

Always been proper shite. I swear this Gabby hate NEVER ceases to amaze me, even if he doesn't live up to what I would only refer to as fairweather fans hype. I will never get the over the top venom towards him! Ridiculous! "Never been a premier league player" along with a whole lot of other tripe I have repeatedley read on here. some of you could spare me the stress and go and do some research on his prior Villa career before chatting absolute bull. ONCE again, the irony of how majority of the time he has been "shite" so has the team, or he was being played as a winger!

YEAH! Go do some research......on YouTube which we all used to decide tonev was class. I've been to every game the man is clueless and holding us back, end of

I could never say I hate a player who's been excellent for us in the past and is "villa through and through". I just don't think he's good enough anymore to warrant a place in the starting eleven. No matter how much he has done for us the priority is to win and get the most out of our players when it's game day. Imo Gabby does not offer enough often enough and he shouldn't start as many matches as he does. 

Do not want him here. How he is fit to wear the shirt is beyond me. Never will be a villa great in my eyes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k46ejvF2BFE

Always been proper shite. I swear this Gabby hate NEVER ceases to amaze me, even if he doesn't live up to what I would only refer to as fairweather fans hype. I will never get the over the top venom towards him! Ridiculous! "Never been a premier league player" along with a whole lot of other tripe I have repeatedley read on here. some of you could spare me the stress and go and do some research on his prior Villa career before chatting absolute bull. ONCE again, the irony of how majority of the time he has been "shite" so has the team, or he was being played as a winger!

YEAH! Go do some research......on YouTube which we all used to decide tonev was class. I've been to every game the man is clueless and holding us back, end of

So he has been useless since he has been in the first team for all these years? every single season of them? Even you must realise that is utter tosh...lol. Never scored important goals or had good games? Get a grip, some of you sound proper ridiculous! Worst case he deserves some respect, maybe should not be starting I agree, but once again the dramatics are unbelievable. FYI I've been watching Villa for 20 odd years myself so I don't know what type of Villa fan D measuring competition this is supposed to be. Obviously I used Youtube because it is easily accessible, and a convenient reminder, come off it. Unless I should start asking people to buy seasons past DVD's?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0BMLuRD-k0

Here is an even better one just to annoy you! lol

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 2

Always been useless - a brace from having scored more league goals for us than Dwight Yorke or Peter Withe.

The odd thing is, that whilst I don't think he's useless, it's hard to see quite how he's got there other than through plugging away for what is a poor Villa side for years and years - his next goal will make him one of only eleven players to have scored in eleven different seasons (and only the fourth since WWII).  

He's always been good enough to play, he'll need to work hard if he wants to maintain that and I think the challenge will do him good. More than anything else, it's his ability to keep at it that's seen him through so far.

• Like 2

I don't know what purpose the Yorke and Withe stat serves. They did it in fewer games.

And as for scoring in seperate eleven seasons, when you consider it's only around 70 odd goals in those eleven seasons - that's just shocking, isn't it!?

It's 84 - I guess shocking would be up to you, it puts him amongst our greatest goalscorers in the last 50 or 60 years. Watching him get them has been torturous at times and he's been below par for a while, I don't disagree that he deserves criticism and I'm hopeful that the challenge of the players we've brought in will force him to pull his socks up - but those 84 goals on their own I think deserve a little respect.

That's the Gabby Agbonlahor paradox - if he plays another three or four seasons he'll be the least liked player in history and the greatest living Villan.

• Like 4

I will match maqroll's post in the N'Zog thread. Gabby is an infuriating player, he had tons of natural (mostly physical) ability but his application is left wanting at most times and he just doesn't use his head. There's no excuse for that after 10 years of top flight football.

I, unlike some, still desperately want him to recapture some of the form shown earlier in his career. He started to do that before his injury last season, which is why Sherwood will persist with him for a short while I'm sure. Clean slate etc.

• Like 3

I don't know what purpose the Yorke and Withe stat serves. They did it in fewer games.

And as for scoring in seperate eleven seasons, when you consider it's only around 70 odd goals in those eleven seasons - that's just shocking, isn't it!?

It's 84 - I guess shocking would be up to you, it puts him amongst our greatest goalscorers in the last 50 or 60 years. Watching him get them has been torturous at times and he's been below par for a while, I don't disagree that he deserves criticism and I'm hopeful that the challenge of the players we've brought in will force him to pull his socks up - but those 84 goals on their own I think deserve a little respect.

That's the Gabby Agbonlahor paradox - if he plays another three or four seasons he'll be the least liked player in history and the greatest living Villan.

In a way you could say he's a dissonant paradoxical dilemma wrapped in a dichotomous conundrum.  Gabby himself would probably say something similar.

• Like 2

Watching Traore's introduction video made me realise why Gabby has never left us. Can you imagine him doing a couple of kick ups when signing for a club?

I reckon he would struggle to do 3.

Well Soldado managed to miss hitting the stands twice in a row at his presentation for Villareal, so Gabby should be just fine 

http://www.whoateallthepies.tv/tottenham_hotspur/221135/roberto-soldado-tries-to-hoof-football-into-crowd-during-villarreal-unveiling-and-misses-twice-video.html

I will match maqroll's post in the N'Zog thread. Gabby is an infuriating player, he had tons of natural (mostly physical) ability but his application is left wanting at most times and he just doesn't use his head. There's no excuse for that after 10 years of top flight football.

I, unlike some, still desperately want him to recapture some of the form shown earlier in his career. He started to do that before his injury last season, which is why Sherwood will persist with him for a short while I'm sure. Clean slate etc.

Â