Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

Weekly wage will be the same argument as to how much he is worth, those saying he should be on £30k a week and worth around £5m should open their eyes to what's going in the prem

I'd guess at around £50k a week which is the going rate

Stand by what I've said in here before he's not shit, he's frustrating but he's not shit, I want him to play like he did vs hull every week, I'd take a repeat of his performance at anfield last year before he got injured, he tore them apart, he just can't find consistency

I also think it would surprise some (or maybe they just don't want to admit it) how many opponents seem to respect his pace, watch the line wenger will use in a couple of weeks, always sets his defence out to play gabby, if we had a decent no 10 over the years then the space generated by these lines would have made us a good team, I also agree with those suggesting that he's probably a big character at the club, he's a proper brummie, villa through and through

£50 is not the going rate for a player who turns it on 5 games a season.

really? because we obviously never know the reality of how much these lot get paid but i could argue that chalobah is on £30k a week despite never kicking a ball for chelsea, bentley was on £50k a week for not kicking a ball at spurs, andy carroll is on £90k a week, zamora was on £90k a week, ashley young is on £130k a week, torres was on £175k a week, kenwyne jones was on £40k a week at stoke...

the list can go on and on, you pay the going rates, and as much as people might not agree with it Gabby could earn more than that being a squad player for the likes of QPR

Hat-trick against City. :D

Fastest PL hat-trick ever I think was said at the time
Fowler

Wasn't it more remarkable because it was the perfect hattrick? Right leg, left leg, head?

Indeed, can't remember which one it was, but his first touch for the one that came out the sky was amazing

Think the Reason a few people are abit miffed, is the fact we have more important players to the team who are yet to sign on. I Would have rather of had him on a 2 year deal tbh but imagine it's down to a wage cut. Fingers crossed we get Delph signed up ASAP and add you can add grealish to that, as for Ron I think he'll be gone.

• Like 1

Just because gabby has signed doesn't mean nothing's happening with everyone else.

I'm sure we're capable of working on more than one contract at once.

And I imagine Gabby's negotiations consisted of "wanna sign?" "Yep"

Personally, I haven't always been a fan of Gabby's performances in a Villa shirt - but fair play to him for getting his new contract. His impact on the team may have declined slightly over the years but he can still be an important player for us, as was the case against Hull with his finely taken goal. He's (arguably) reaching his peak years as a footballer, and he is the longest serving player in the squad. I think opposition players are still scared of his pace, and we know he's still got that. I think he will be a useful asset for us in the coming months at the very least.

Oh yeah and without defending the fact he's on £50/60k a week, he is a British forward player, so wages will always get inflated to take that stuff into account. There are much worse players than him on higher wages as we've seen above.

Edited by Khizzy

Wasn't great against Newcastle - but I noticed that even in this game towards the end - they had 4 blokes marking him. Although he isn't clinical in front of goal I still think opposition defences are wary of him.

Also - it doesn't me he is staying 4 years - just that we get a fee if he leaves before that...

Moaning at people for not being positive about this is ridiculous. 

He's bang average, performs one in 10 and earns too much money. (Not that i really care about how much he's on, but it stops us being able to give the money to better players).

I 1000% believe that if he wasn't a Villa fan he would have been gone years ago. The problem is that he has no technical ability, all he has is pace, literally. And yes you can say 'he does have the pace though', but should we really be paying £50 a week for a sprinter because he's a Villa fan?

League 1 ability with the body of a high class sprinter. Sadly that's enough apparently, because 'he's Villa through and through. 

• Like 1

Â