General Next Manager Topic?? (everything other than Lambert)

donnie

Can I ask an honest question in the hope of getting an honest answer? What is exactly attractive about the Villa job at this moment in time?

Villa is still considered one of the,let's say,top 8 jobs in the Premier League.

However,the situation is fragile now and finding the right man who can work with limited funds is everything atm.

In my opinion Martinez would be the best choice now,considering Villa's current state.Pretty sure he would obtain 8th-10th in 2 seasons.

No, the 'twists and turns' MM was on about, can be read equally as 'I don't bloody know and neither does whoever feeds me my info, or they'd rather not tell me'. Unfortunately that doesn't play on the forums, so expect twists and turns!

I'm not ITK, at all, but I can say that I've been told that we can expect something to happen, sometime.

;)

Another twitter one for you all, this was re-tweeted by the Wigan journalist Paul Kendrick

"Just told by very good source high up in footy circles that Swansea boss Brendan Rodgers has actually accepted Liverpool manager's job #lfc"

Moyes is going to Spurs.

This is a rumour but that is also saying that Levy will ask Harry to move on.

Kenwright is also no mug and if Moyes won't sign a new contract and he hangs onto him, then he walks when his present contract runs out -

he gets nothing.

Whereas if he let's him go this summer - he'll get a fair amount of compensation.

Would Everton Football Club need said compensation?

Why would Levy/Spurs want rid of 'Arry?

Apparently Levy and Harry have a pretty uneasy relationship. The England call up would have been the perfect result for all parties I think but that fell through.

Can I ask an honest question in the hope of getting an honest answer? What is exactly attractive about the Villa job at this moment in time?

- Great stadium.

- Good owner willing to back financially, after the wage bill is lowered slightly. (After the likes of Dunne/ Warnock/ Collins/ Petrov end their ridiculous contracts, we'll have more money to spend on reasonable wages/ transfer funds).

- Some decent Prem players in Bent, Given, N'Zogbia, Dunne, Gabby (sometimes)

- Young players that have proved they can perform in the Premier League, just not consistantly yet (as is expected of youngsters): Clark, Wiemann, Herd, Lichaj, Bannan, Albrighton

- More promising youngsters coming through: Gardner, Carruthers, Delfouneso..

- The fact that, even in our 'cost cutting year', the owner still backed the manager with £20m to spend

- Any manager will get a fairly free ride for the first few years, if they simply avoid a relegation battle and pass the ball along the floor every now and then.

Another twitter one for you all, this was re-tweeted by the Wigan journalist Paul Kendrick

"Just told by very good source high up in footy circles that Swansea boss Brendan Rodgers has actually accepted Liverpool manager's job #lfc"

But then why in the hell have they signed Sigurdsson? It makes no sense, I don't like it when things do not make sense.

Which was followed by the tweet saying

Swansea have not had a further approach from Liverpool regarding Brendan Rodgers...

Its all rumour

Good ITK on Twitter has said Liverpool have a manager but hasn't said who..

Latest from down here in Swansea,Rodgers is not going to Liverpool been in meeting with Swans Chairman this afternoon,general club business.No mention of Liverpool when meeting ended.Sigursson signing for Swans later this week after medical,no way would he have signed for them if Rodgers was off.

But then why in the hell have they signed Sigurdsson? It makes no sense, I don't like it when things do not make sense.

It all seems very odd and doesn't add up. Perhaps Sigurdsson wanted the move back to England (Wales in this case) and was happy to sign regardless? Or maybe he has just been sold a right kipper.

So according to the ITKs, Martinez and Rodgers are both Liverpool managers. :P

The retweet was from Rob Stewart of goal.com. Pinch of salt

The other was from fourth_official who is usually accurate.

I actually believe that Martinez will be Liverpool manager & we will have Lambert by the end of the week, early next week.