General Next Manager Topic?? (everything other than Lambert)

donnie

If there was a formal request to speak to any other PL or Championship or La Liga or Serie A or Bundesliga manager who is under contract we would know that not from Villa's end but from the other club's end. It leaks out no matter how discrete Villa may want the process to be. It's hard to keep those things quiet.

Then the club keeps suggesting to local press that they are okay with how things are progressing? That they are working on it?None of it adds up.

It does add up - they are simply waiting on Liverpool to see who they pick before picking up the leftovers.

Sadly, I agree.

No matter how many journos state that we aren't waiting on Liverpool. I believe we are. I think we want Martinez but Liverpool is obviously a more attractive proposition for him so we're waiting on that.

I agree that we are waiting, but I am not sure that the Liverpool job is necessarily a better job for Martinez than the Villa job. IMO the Liverpool job is even more of a poision challace than the villa job at the moment. The fans didn't want a new manager, the board expect top 4 just to keep your job, even if you win a trophy FFS!! Also if reports are to be believed he will be working under a DOF, and will only have responsibility for the 1st team. You want a 12 month job where you dont get a say in your squad??

With us he would enjoy the fans support (certainly bigger support than at Liverpool), he would be given control of football matters accross the club, and whilst he would have financial constraints, HE would get to choose which players to sell and buy!

Having said that I dont think Randy will even talk to him until he we find out if he is going to take the L'pool job!!.

The suggestion appears to be that even if Martinez has been offered the job, he's not taking it instantly and will hold further talks next week... therefore it's going to rumble on a bit longer, which is annoying if it has any bearing on our search. At very least you can guarentee that it's going to mean he's still going to be murmured as a target for us until he signs on the line.

If there was a formal request to speak to any other PL or Championship or La Liga or Serie A or Bundesliga manager who is under contract we would know that not from Villa's end but from the other club's end. It leaks out no matter how discrete Villa may want the process to be. It's hard to keep those things quiet.

Then the club keeps suggesting to local press that they are okay with how things are progressing? That they are working on it?None of it adds up.

It does add up - they are simply waiting on Liverpool to see who they pick before picking up the leftovers.

Sadly, I agree.

No matter how many journos state that we aren't waiting on Liverpool. I believe we are. I think we want Martinez but Liverpool is obviously a more attractive proposition for him so we're waiting on that.

I agree that we are waiting, but I am not sure that the Liverpool job is necessarily a better job for Martinez than the Villa job. IMO the Liverpool job is even more of a poision challace than the villa job at the moment. The fans didn't want a new manager, the board expect top 4 just to keep your job, even if you win a trophy FFS!! Also if reports are to be believed he will be working under a DOF, and will only have responsibility for the 1st team. You want a 12 month job where you dont get a say in your squad??

With us he would enjoy the fans support (certainly bigger support than at Liverpool), he would be given control of football matters accross the club, and whilst he would have financial constraints, HE would get to choose which players to sell and buy!

Having said that I dont think Randy will even talk to him until he we find out if he is going to take the L'pool job!!.

Or another way of looking at it, we havent heard anything from another club about an approach because Villa are going after someone who is not with a team such as BENITEZ.

Hearing rumours Martinez will knock Liverpool back

I am now immune to sentences that start "Hearing rumours" :nod:

Please let this clear the way for Villa's-Boss.

yeh, hoping this might be the case, VB agent said they looking for a project, villa certainly could be classed as that with the state we've been in for the last 2 years.

I really really really hope this is the case. Very unlikely IMO. I think he'd be a great fit for us and would be given time to build. I just can't see RL giving him the funds he'd want to improve the squad. There's so much change that needs to happen it's going to cost a fair wack.

Liverpool are going to become a bigger car crash than they are now. Every season the owners don't get CL football they chalk up another £30m into the "lost revenue" pile. In ten years time I can only imagine they'll be blaming everyone under the sun for being £300m short and realising that football is rarely going to make you rich (I think only the Glazers are likely to walk away from the PL with more than they started with).

If we, as a club, are waiting for their cast-offs then god help us.

Sadly, I agree.

Or another way of looking at it, we havent heard anything from another club about an approach because Villa are going after someone who is not with a team such as BENITEZ.

This is true, I just think that Martinez is the man Randy had in mind. He wanted him last year, I understand that he didnt even speak to Villa last year, he just said that he wanted to honor his 3 year commitment to Wigan. Apart from McWhatwasithinkingwheniappointedhim Randy has appeared to want to change the way we play after MON. GED, Martinez, even the brolly man to an extent. I just hope that either your right and we in for someone else, or he has a plan C thats not Mad Mick :o