General Next Manager Topic?? (everything other than Lambert)

donnie

I was in Sainsbury’s earlier on and two men in boiler suits were standing in front of me in the queue. They appeared to be ITK and said that Mick McCarthy will be appointed at 445pm today.

Maybe Martinez has already met with Lerner, he's now met with the other Yank as well and I think the decide by Tuesday thing may be decide which club you're going to manage. If it was Liverpool or nothing, I have a feeling he'd have signed straight away. Just can't see him staying at Wigan this season, his stock may be as high as it will ever be.

If Rafa becomes manager (I don't think he will personally) I actually will look forward to the new season.

He will get rid of Warnock, won't work with Dunne and Collins if they mess about either.

But like I said I doubt it will happen - we simply don't have the finances.

I'd be happy with Benitez tbh

He'd sort that dressing room out

Yeah i concur. I think it will be a big coup no matter what anyone thinks. Obv will get money else why even bother talking to him and he will be able to attract decent players.

Benitez turned a profit and had an average seasonal net spend of 13m.

This myth he spunks loads of money is dumb.

Top class manager, get him in.

He turned a profit yet the net outflow was £13m a year? I'm going to hazard a guess that you're not an accountant?

He turned a profit yet the net outflow was £13m a year? I'm going to hazard a guess that you're not an accountant?

He's ex Lehman Bros

Why on earth anyone would want Hoddle or Benitez to manage Villa is beyond me.

Hoddle has done nothing in management and has been out of the game for so long now he'll be completely out of touch, as well as being a fruit loop. Absolute disaster if we get him.

Benitez fluked a European Cup with Liverpool and delivered naff all after that with a load of money wasted to boot. What would he do at Vila in the current situation?

Surely we’ve got to be looking at some one of the level of Lambert, Poyet, Martinez or Rodgers who are used to getting the best out of average players which will be supplemented by a couple of decent signings.

Benitez still has a network of "scouts" reporting back to him on a regular basis. He analyses euro football on a daily basis from home near Liverpool, and has an up to date and encyclopaedic knowledge of all things football related.

A guy like Benitez could still add value to a club that was prepared to back him with a large wages and transfer budget. That means that he's currently not a good fit for Villa, unless Randy is about to do a huge and unexpected U turn.

cant believe knowone has seen this

duncan jenkins‏@duncanjenkinsFC

2 weeks ago i reported #villa's interest in #benitez. hearing now villa have contacted benitez once again. #avfc #lfc

So when they for talking to Moyes. Pretty obvious the board dont have a new plan and are using the old one again. At least 'The other Guy' is not on that list any more.

Ok, the board have got form with McLeish for sure, but I feel this time it's different. We're all frustrated due to the lack of noise coming from the club and the recognised ITK's, but I honestly think we're still on plan A, and certainly nowhere near plan Z, as someone said.

It's just that we have no idea who our first pick is, but I believe it was not OGS. Up there, but not him as I they had really wanted him, they would've got him.

This leads me to believe they've already got their man wrapped up. This could also account for the apparent lack of chatter. RL and PF know they **** up badly and, sentiment aside, they know they're going to have to excite the fans again in order to get the season tickets sales up again. I don't think they'll be content with the PL's and RM's of the world, hence the OGS contact. To not offer him the job would suggest someone even better. Could it be????

Going to stick my neck out and suggest an exciting manager from abroad, or AVB!

He's ex Lehman Bros

Benitez conned Villa out of 5million for Warnock. If RL tells him he can have all the money he makes on selling players at Villa we could be winning CL next season. He’s bound to be able to get 30-35 million from team for Dunne or Collins based on that. :D

I'm not a big fan of Benitez, but I wouldn't be against him coming to the Villa. He did well with Valencia and Liverpool before he lost the plot, and the disaster of Inter was a no-win situation imo.

He's ex Lehman Bros

Benitez conned Villa out of 5million for Warnock. If RL tells him he can have all the money he makes on selling players at Villa we could be winning CL next season. He’s bound to be able to get 30-35 million from team for Dunne or Collins based on that. :D

How? did they get a chunk of the fee we paid for him then?

He's ex Lehman Bros

How? did they get a chunk of the fee we paid for him then?

No he should have kept him at liverpool and stopped selling dodgy goods.

cant believe knowone has seen this

duncan jenkins‏@duncanjenkinsFC

2 weeks ago i reported #villa's interest in #benitez. hearing now villa have contacted benitez once again. #avfc #lfc

So when they for talking to Moyes. Pretty obvious the board dont have a new plan and are using the old one again. At least 'The other Guy' is not on that list any more.

Ok, the board have got form with McLeish for sure, but I feel this time it's different. We're all frustrated due to the lack of noise coming from the club and the recognised ITK's, but I honestly think we're still on plan A, and certainly nowhere near plan Z, as someone said.

It's just that we have no idea who our first pick is, but I believe it was not OGS. Up there, but not him as I they had really wanted him, they would've got him.

This leads me to believe they've already got their man wrapped up. This could also account for the apparent lack of chatter. RL and PF know they **** up badly and, sentiment aside, they know they're going to have to excite the fans again in order to get the season tickets sales up again. I don't think they'll be content with the PL's and RM's of the world, hence the OGS contact. To not offer him the job would suggest someone even better. Could it be????

Going to stick my neck out and suggest an exciting manager from abroad, or AVB!

Like it Stan but if it's wrapped up, where's the announcement?