General Next Manager Topic?? (everything other than Lambert)

donnie

Stop talking politics before I invade your house with a regiment of storm troopers and force you at gunpoint to toe the party line.

This is a forum to discuss and debate the Villa which is far more important.

i agree Mantis. At least with OGS rumours it was fun. Boring as bat shit at the moment with no contenders!

When does the half term season end for OGS... :P

Anyone heard any whispers?

If there was a formal request to speak to any other PL or Championship or La Liga or Serie A or Bundesliga manager who is under contract we would know that not from Villa's end but from the other club's end. It leaks out no matter how discrete Villa may want the process to be. It's hard to keep those things quiet.

Then the club keeps suggesting to local press that they are okay with how things are progressing? That they are working on it?None of it adds up.

It does add up - they are simply waiting on Liverpool to see who they pick before picking up the leftovers.

I hope i'm wrong.

If there was a formal request to speak to any other PL or Championship or La Liga or Serie A or Bundesliga manager who is under contract we would know that not from Villa's end but from the other club's end. It leaks out no matter how discrete Villa may want the process to be. It's hard to keep those things quiet.

Then the club keeps suggesting to local press that they are okay with how things are progressing? That they are working on it?None of it adds up.

It does add up - they are simply waiting on Liverpool to see who they pick before picking up the leftovers.

Sadly, I agree.

No matter how many journos state that we aren't waiting on Liverpool. I believe we are. I think we want Martinez but Liverpool is obviously a more attractive proposition for him so we're waiting on that.

With the greatest respect to Ray Wilkins, please no

Square ball merchant, still in love with Chelsea

He simply wouldn't fit at villa

Yet Maradona would?

Maradona would be brilliant if he brought a couple of decent coaches along too

Yet Maradona would?
Maradona would be nuttier than squirrel shit. Just the tonic after a season of McLeish. As someone else said. He'd be a car crash. But WHAT a car crash!

To be fair there is a difference between Nazism/Fascism.

Sorry I do Politics & IR so it's hard not to be pedantic about this. :P

So how many do you think died fighting Mussolinis troops in Africa and in Europe.

How many died fighting Francos facist troops in Spain in 1936-1939?

Yes there is a difference but that doesn't mean being a facist is ok.

He never said it was.

And I never said di Canio is a Nazi... but never mind

Yes of course, Ray Wilkins the player coached exactly the same as he played. Chelsea when he was first team coach were renowned for square balls all the time weren't they... not.

tbh I wouldn't want him, he's a coach not a manager and personality wise he makes Roy Hodgson seem interesting

Maradona would be great just for the insanity of it and laughs but I'd rather he'd go to another club in the league where we could laugh at him and enjoy him.

He's one you would want to manage Villa in your head but in reality it would be fun for the first month and then we'd just go insane.