General Next Manager Topic?? (everything other than Lambert)

donnie

**** hell, Benitez has jumped from 11/4 to 4/5 with SkyBet in the last hour or so.

Wow, really. It seems he is favourite then. The bookies very rarely get it wrong.

What is your problem? All I'm saying is that his odds have dropped substantially in the last hour or so. There is absolutely nothing else going on at the moment.

**** hell, Benitez has jumped from 11/4 to 4/5 with SkyBet in the last hour or so.

Wow, really. It seems he is favourite then. The bookies very rarely get it wrong.

What is your problem? All I'm saying is that his odds have dropped substantially in the last hour or so. There is absolutely nothing else going on at the moment.

Exactly.!!!

I know you are struggling to find things to talk about, but don't go analyzing odds every 30 minutes. It will drive you mad....& it means nothing!

No problem.!!!!

It'll be interesting whomever Liverpool appoints. They haven't been horrible, but between the spend and the fan/media expectations, a new manager won't have any time to sort things out. Martinez strikes me as a good manager, but one whom needs to implement his system instead of someone who can work with what he has. After spending on Downing/Carroll/Suarez recently, do you think FSG is going to be excited about throwing more money at this project? I wouldn't count on the owners/fans being patient if they get off to a poor start.

Exactly.!!!

I know you are struggling to find things to talk about, but don't go analyzing odds every 30 minutes. It will drive you mad....& it means nothing!

No problem.!!!!

It's a significant movement though. Probably nothing in it but equally it could be that someone knows something and is sticking a lot of money on him. You just don't know.

cant believe knowone has seen this

duncan jenkins‏@duncanjenkinsFC

2 weeks ago i reported #villa's interest in #benitez. hearing now villa have contacted benitez once again. #avfc #lfc

So when they for talking to Moyes. Pretty obvious the board dont have a new plan and are using the old one again. At least 'The other Guy' is not on that list any more.

I think he'll do well at Liverpool, for the same reasons I'd have liked him at Villa. They underachieved hugely last year, and I think with a half decent manager you'll see the best of some of their players next year.

I could easily see him getting the AVB treatment from the likes of Gerrard Carragher etc

& as soon as he gets a bad result, he'll have the likes of Hansen Lawro & co on his back

Exactly.!!!

No problem.!!!!

It's a significant movement though. Probably nothing in it but equally it could be that someone knows something and is sticking a lot of money on him. You just don't know.

Hit the nail on the head there.

Manager specials are all about covering your bets. Some gamblers with a lot of money to burn will ocassionally back four of five names listed in the market. There has no doubt been some large bets placed on Rafa today - hense the odds dropping. It still doesn't indicate anything substantial to me. But who knows.

Contrary to the belief on here, I honestly think our targets are quite different to Liverpool's, barring Martinez - and I only think he'd be a consideration, not first choice. It would seem Lambert is on neither list and most likely to stay at Norwich. The downside to my argument is that James Nursey from the Mirror backs this up!

:lol:

I've been clinging to this hope as well. The way I figure, Randy has yet to conduct a typical manager search. Both GH and the other one came out of left field. OGS was out of nowhere as well.

So it means RL/PF (a) are conducting a discreet search for a new, energetic manager (like what we keep hearing in the papers), (B) are waiting for someone to fall into our laps, or © aren't actually aware that we need a new manager and will franctically scramble to get someone in near the end of August.

I'm going with (a), if only for my own sanity. I was all kinds of excited about OGS and once that hope was dashed, I realized I can't keep yo-yo-ing up and down.

OGS you might believe was out of nowhere but someone knew. Straight after the Bolton game bets were placed on him at 10/1 to take over.......coincidence? who knows?

Why on earth anyone would want Hoddle or Benitez to manage Villa is beyond me.

Hoddle has done nothing in management and has been out of the game for so long now he'll be completely out of touch, as well as being a fruit loop. Absolute disaster if we get him.

Benitez fluked a European Cup with Liverpool and delivered naff all after that with a load of money wasted to boot. What would he do at Vila in the current situation?

Surely we’ve got to be looking at some one of the level of Lambert, Poyet, Martinez or Rodgers who are used to getting the best out of average players which will be supplemented by a couple of decent signings.