General Next Manager Topic?? (everything other than Lambert)

donnie

I think we all need to agree on our new first choice.

For all we know, the board are on VT gauging the fans' reaction. The only candidate we know we went after was Ole and he was obviously the N°1 choice in this forum.

Let's just hope they don't do a word count and end up with McCarthy...

Not that I think there's anything in this but Ranieri's odds have moved in quite a bit today, no doubt because of the interest from West Brom.

Well you obviously do think there's something in it, otherwise you wouldn't have mentioned it. People don't seem to understand how bookmakers odds work and how they fluctuate by the day. Nothing in it.

I really don't think there's anything in it but since there's absolutely nothing else going on what else is there to talk about?

I know how they work. However, when odds on somebody drop suddenly it does make you think that somebody knows something. Remember OGS's odds dropping? They dropped because everyone on here knew Randy had flown to Norway and thus were putting bets on him. We all knew something.

Not that I think that's the case with Ranieri, but it's still interesting to monitor odds.

Not that I think there's anything in this but Ranieri's odds have moved in quite a bit today, no doubt because of the interest from West Brom.

Well you obviously do think there's something in it, otherwise you wouldn't have mentioned it. People don't seem to understand how bookmakers odds work and how they fluctuate by the day. Nothing in it.

I really don't think there's anything in it but since there's absolutely nothing else going on what else is there to talk about?

I know how they work. However, when odds on somebody drop suddenly it does make you think that somebody knows something. Remember OGS's odds dropping? They dropped because everyone on here knew Randy had flown to Norway and thus were putting bets on him. We all knew something.

Not that I think that's the case with Ranieri, but it's still interesting to monitor odds.

There may be something in it. When the odds drop, if there's nothing in it then after a while the odds go back up. Just look at GMac, Grayson etc. for examples of this. Rafa's odds have been decreasing for around 24 hours now and show no sign of going back up. If they are still low tonight I would suggest there's something in it.

Everyone still chasing their tails today then. I've no clues myself but i'm pretty sure we're not going to hear anything until next at least. So get outside and enjoy the sun people and come back when something concrete happens...or MM drops a massssssive hint, that'd be nice to be fair.

Each to their own. I don't monitor the odds really.

The only time where odds have significance is when the favourite's odds are say 1/10, which i believe Solskjær was at one stage. That had 'significance' because of the endless rumours circulating by the hour.

But if you take our two current favourites for the post right now with the bookies....Benitez & Lambert. There has been nothing to indicate they are even in line for the job. Ok, it is good to speculate, but don't go reading too much into Ranieri's odds dropping or Benitez being favourite off the back end of some half-hearted twitter rumours.

There may be something in it. When the odds drop, if there's nothing in it then after a while the odds go back up. Just look at GMac, Grayson etc. for examples of this. Rafa's odds have been decreasing for around 24 hours now and show no sign of going back up. If they are still low tonight I would suggest there's something in it.

I think they go back up when another new name crops up and comes in, in the absence of any new names, it just stays static.

The only question I'd like answered now, is roughly when will we have a new manager?!!

If we remove the 'big 3' for the purpose of finding a new list, I'd say these 4 in this order of preference, though I'll admit to only having a very basic knowledge of how Paciencia goes about his work.

Ranieri

Paciencia

di Canio

Poyet

This also assumes Moyes & AVB are non-starters. They'd be above those 4 if they were a remote possibility.

I know Rogers turned down being part of the Liverpool process; but why do we think he's not interested in us, he doesn't really get a mention here? He may think our situation is far more appealing after following AM.

If we remove the 'big 3' for the purpose of finding a new list, I'd say these 4 in this order of preference, though I'll admit to only having a very basic knowledge of how Paciencia goes about his work.

Ranieri

Paciencia

di Canio

Poyet

This also assumes Moyes & AVB are non-starters. They'd be above those 4 if they were a remote possibility.

Sure that's not reverse order? ;)