General Next Manager Topic?? (everything other than Lambert)

donnie

Just got in and read that West Brom have interviewed Ranieri and Wilkins...

those are two managers that should be on our shortlist...

particularly Wilkins who i said before McLeish was sacked that i would like him at villa...

i think he would be an excellent manager for us....

im still hoping for Benitez though

Benitez still has a network of "scouts" reporting back to him on a regular basis. He analyses euro football on a daily basis from home near Liverpool, and has an up to date and encyclopaedic knowledge of all things football related.

Sounds like Dr No

Benitez turned a profit and had an average seasonal net spend of 13m.

This myth he spunks loads of money is dumb.

Top class manager, get him in.

He turned a profit yet the net outflow was £13m a year? I'm going to hazard a guess that you're not an accountant?

He's ex Lehman Bros

Benitez conned Villa out of 5million for Warnock. If RL tells him he can have all the money he makes on selling players at Villa we could be winning CL next season. He’s bound to be able to get 30-35 million from team for Dunne or Collins based on that. :D

How? did they get a chunk of the fee we paid for him then?

No he should have kept him at liverpool and stopped selling dodgy goods.

You've lost me totally. We brought him from Blackburn for 8 mill, not sure what the 5 mill is all about, or where Bentitez comes into it.

Just because he may have turned around a lot of players at liverpool doesn`t mean he will do it here. They will agree on a set budget to work to. What he spent at liverpool is irrelvent, he was expected to compete for the league and win the european cup there.

Rafa would bring in some good foreigners.

He is not in my top 3 picks but i would definately be happy with benitez.

You know Warnock wasn't always that bad. In fact I sometimes wonder why everyone has it in for him, Dunne and Collins, wasn't so long ago they were an incredibly impressive defensive unit under MON. While Warnock clearly is no longer the same player, I actually still rate Dunne and Collins as above average Premier League CBs.

You know Warnock wasn't always that bad. In fact I sometimes wonder why everyone has it in for him, Dunne and Collins, wasn't so long ago they were an incredibly impressive defensive unit under MON. While Warnock clearly is no longer the same player, I actually still rate Dunne and Collins as above average Premier League CBs.

True, we needed a left-back and he had been excellent for Blackburn and on the fringe of the England squad, in his mid-20s. £8m was a fair price at the time. It's more the wages and length of contract that were a disaster, added to the multitude of other disasters O'Neill saddled us with.

I just think the transfer budget is going to be a major issue, there is now way Rafa will work on a shoe string budget, no chance.. He will want about 25-35 mill.

They will discuss that before rafa agrees to sign the contract.

http://theoriginalwinger.com/2012-04-02-rafa-benitezs-fifa-com-interview-my-next-job-must-match-my-desire

"With the UEFA Financial Fair Play rules you have to manage the budget, you have to be careful and you have to promote young players from the academy."

Quote from a recent interview, good read. Won`t be a big problem.

I just think the transfer budget is going to be a major issue, there is now way Rafa will work on a shoe string budget, no chance.. He will want about 25-35 mill.

They will discuss that before rafa agrees to sign the contract.

http://theoriginalwinger.com/2012-04-02-rafa-benitezs-fifa-com-interview-my-next-job-must-match-my-desire

"With the UEFA Financial Fair Play rules you have to manage the budget, you have to be careful and you have to promote young players from the academy."

Quote from a recent interview, good read. Won`t be a big problem.

Well If rafa is willing to work within a budget and promote our youth players, then I say get him signed up, might be able to get the next Alonso.