General Next Manager Topic?? (everything other than Lambert)

donnie

If I was Randy at this moment in time, I would be urgently putting together a compelling financial package of wages and squad investment with which to attract Paul Lambert.

PL is not my first choice, but with OGS out of the frame, RM looking unobtainable, and Brendan Rodgers verbally committing his future to his "Swansea project," PL would seem to be the only one of the young and hungry brigade left.

If Randy doesn't move swiftly then how long before PL saves face by fully committing in the press to his "Norwich project?"

If Lambert isn't wanted by RL then that would leave Poyet then very risky "young and hungry" managers from european leagues, with all the potential of coming in and doing a "Juande Ramos."

Maradonna hasn't had a mention lately

You mean 'Crazy Diego'?

He'd bring a buzz a vibrancy

He'd lift the whole city

He's a shit manager though.

Also, since we're on the topic of politics, his political tendencies lie on the hard left.

To be fair there is a difference between Nazism/Fascism.

Sorry I do Politics & IR so it's hard not to be pedantic about this. :P

Don`t be silly.

Another top nugget of a post there. Sadly for you, Mantis is correct.

I meant he was being silly in pointing it out when discussing a football manager being a facist word removed.

Nugget.

di Canio - NO THANKS!

I don't want a facist managing Villa!

'I don't want'

Spoken like a true democrat.

:lol:

:lol: I mean we don't want... :winkold:

I hope you have not got any deadlines to meet on your assignments as you seem to be spending rather alot of time on VT.

I hope you have not got any deadlines to meet on your assignments as you seem to be spending rather alot of time on VT.

Exams don't start until next Friday. Assignments were finished months ago. 8)

So how many do you think died fighting Mussolinis troops in Africa and in Europe.

How many died fighting Francos facist troops in Spain in 1936-1939?

Yes there is a difference but that doesn't mean being a facist is ok.

While any politics junkie knows there's a difference between nazism and fascism. I think they would also know that the similarities are substantially more pertinent to the discussion of a manager's desirebility.

Why are we discussing this?

So how many do you think died fighting Mussolinis troops in Africa and in Europe.

Is this a politics thread i stumbled into?

He never said it was.

What I love is that we know only one person has been approached and we only know that because Randy's plane was dispatched to Norway to bring the one person back to Brum for an interview. The response was overwhelmingly positive. It also appeared that it was all systems go until one night at dinner the one known candidate re-negotiated his contract to include a compensation clause to be paid to his club if he were to leave.

If there was a formal request to speak to any other PL or Championship or La Liga or Serie A or Bundesliga manager who is under contract we would know that not from Villa's end but from the other club's end. It leaks out no matter how discrete Villa may want the process to be. It's hard to keep those things quiet.

Then the club keeps suggesting to local press that they are okay with how things are progressing? That they are working on it?None of it adds up.

I never said it was ok at all. I don't like any political extremes. Fascism, Nazism, Communism etc. I hate them all.

While any politics junkie knows there's a difference between nazism and fascism. I think they would also know that the similarities are substantially more pertinent to the discussion of a manager's desirebility.

Why are we discussing this?

I never denied that there were similarities.

To be honest I would have no problem with Di Canio managing Villa if I felt he was the right man for the job. However, he's pretty unproven and definitely needs more experience. Plus he's a bit of a loose cannon as well. That's why I don't want him.