General Next Manager Topic?? (everything other than Lambert)

donnie

Will be pissed off if West Brom get Ranieri. We should be going for him. I hope the board haven't hamstrung themselves by requiring that the new manager must be young. We all know what happened when they deemed Premier League experience to be necessary.

At this point in time I'd be on a plane back to Norway armed with nothing more than a chequebook, a pen, and the question "exactly HOW much do you like it in Norway?"

Will be pissed off if West Brom get Ranieri. We should be going for him. I hope the board haven't hamstrung themselves by requiring that the new manager must be young. We all know what happened when they deemed Premier League experience to be necessary.

The tinkerman wouldnt fit us well at all imo....would want money...hasnt really set the world alight recently....Albion welcome to him...

Wilkins (someone else quoted before albion interviewing) on the other hand would be a good move.

Sky Sports News ‏@SkySportsNews

Sky Sources: Ray Wilkins & Claudio Ranieri have held talks with West Brom over vacant head coach's job #SSN

I can see Wilkins trying to get his name forward for the Villa job..

All I can see at the moment is that the baggies appear to be showing more ambition than ourselves. This is frightening! Lerner and Faulkner can both do one if they think I will be buying a season ticket without seeing who we get in as manager. I've completely had enough of the board and their lack of ambition and lack of understanding Villa. Things weren't great under Ellis but generally if we were shit one season the next would be more positive and I just don't see that happening with the current board.

Villa although not the club we used to be are still one of the biggest clubs in the country and in Europe, with great facilities, youth system and fan base. We pay good wages for supposedly top managers. If we are not attracting the right personel it's because the board can't sell the club to the right people. Before you know it we will be into continuing the farce started last summer.

Lambert has yet to prove himself, surviving one season in the premier doesn't justify giving him the job. Norwich would as a whole have been very motivated and underestimated last season. Let's see how he gets on next year. Martinez, isn't going to choose us over Liverpool if they offer him the job and let's be fair, all he has proven is that in the last few weeks of a season he can survive- well I don't just want us to survive. And the other managers linked, Bruce, Hoddle, Curbishley, etc. What a bag of shit. We should be looking at top managers not championship managers!

It's refreshing to see someone who hasn't given up on our owner and to a certain extent, our club.

These days I generally identify the worst possible target, and as long as it doesn't end up being him i'm contented. A philosophy that didn't pay off last year.

At this point in time I'd be on a plane back to Norway armed with nothing more than a chequebook, a pen, and the question "exactly HOW much do you like it in Norway?"

+1

ranirei is an old mentalist. he is useless as a manager.

The Tinker man Ranieri. You got to be kidding. He has been sacked by 7 TOP TOP European clubs over the past 10 years, not to mention what he done last year with a CL winning side in Italy. Got to avoid this man like the plague, he doesn’t have a clue what he is doing.

Maybe Faulkners on his way over now in a big Hot air balloon to avoid detection!

Why do we have to wait to see what Liverpool are doing first anyway? That just puts us in our place in the "foodchain" doesn't it. We should be making our own plans, not waiting to see what happens there . Fed Up!!

The time to have done that was last friday evening. The fact that Randy did not do it means one of two things. Either, (1) that he had already lined up other impressive candidates and he was confident that he could do better than OGS, or (2) he was indecisive. I hope it was (1), but his track record would suggest (2).

The tinkerman wouldnt fit us well at all imo....would want money...hasnt really set the world alight recently....Albion welcome to him...

Wilkins (someone else quoted before albion interviewing) on the other hand would be a good move.

I have real respect for the man, think he has a sound football mind and that shows through by talking a lot of sense. That said, I can see him buying only british or foreigners already established in GB which is going to get us 3 average to good players instead of the requisite 5-6. I'd hope we would get someone in with vast scouting knowledge.

Not that I think there's anything in this but Ranieri's odds have moved in quite a bit today, no doubt because of the interest from West Brom.

Well you obviously do think there's something in it, otherwise you wouldn't have mentioned it. People don't seem to understand how bookmakers odds work and how they fluctuate by the day. Nothing in it.

Why do we have to wait to see what Liverpool are doing first anyway? That just puts us in our place in the "foodchain" doesn't it. We should be making our own plans, not waiting to see what happens there . Fed Up!!

My thoughts^