General Next Manager Topic?? (everything other than Lambert)

donnie

He got to Europa League final last year with Braga and made them competitive in Portugal but plays very negative football.

sacked by Sporting earlier this season

Rodgers - Happy where he is. No reason to move. If I was a jack, I wouldn't get the jitters.

Lambert - Something not adding up. Don't think he had been given permission to move by the canaries

Martinez - Dave Whelan. If we'd have been in for him, you'd bet your bottom dollar this **** would have opened his gob

I did say I would give Lerner one last chance, and this is it. Time and options are running out.

First try AVB and Martinez then when they reject us really push for Lambert. Then if we get rejected by Norwich, go for Martinez. If somehow we don't get any, then we just give it to some random manager like Bruce.

Please not Kevin MacDonald, Please not Kevin MacDonald, Please not Kevin MacDonald, Please not Kevin MacDonald!

Out of some of the names being linked...

Solskjaer - Not coming

Martinez - Flying to America within the next few days to have talks with the Liverpool owners

Rodgers - Turned down the chance to talk to Liverpool. I doubt he'd talk to us

Lambert - I obviously have no idea if we've actually approached him or held talks with him

Villas Boas - I really doubt that he'd come here, especially to work on a small budget

Benitez - Like 12 months ago, he'd want a huge transfer budget that Randy wouldn't be prepared to give

That will be part of the problem now I think. While Villa are still a great club, our current "project" is not very attractive. Working on a small budget and continuing to trim the wage bill is not exactly exciting is it! I don't know, maybe I'm over thinking things but I can really see this manager search getting desperate... AGAIN!!!

Dont worry it wont be Kevin McDonald. They wouldnt be going to all this rigamarole if they were looking internally.

If OGS turns us down I still think Rodgers might be the dark horse here. His Liverpool statement was very carefully worded. To allow clubs to offer him a job. I wonder if we have.

Grayson was woeful at Leeds, please god, NO!

I don't think Grayson has done enough to merit a PL job.. but woeful at Leeds? Really? His 50% win record suggests otherwise.

The Gent has awoke to this disappointing nuance to Aston Villa's managerial search. It has been rather exciting over the past week or so with the prospect of OGS, attacking fresh football and above all, positivity regarding the future. Fear not, all is not lost. Stiff upper lip and what-not, plenty more fish in the sea...... O whom I kidding I am feeling ruddy awful, sad and pessimistic right now. :cry: Maybe the appointment of Mainz 05's Thomas Tuchel could cheer this chap right well up, although he recently signed a contract extension. :(

The Gent just prays to McGrath that the board do not PANIC (see Mcleish appointment) and hit the red Prem recycled managers button and we all witness the unveiling of (insert turgid name here, à la McCarthy/Bruce) in front of the holt, and a letter to all season ticket holders explaining their vibrance and dynamism coupled with as many public relations 'up the ass' buzz words as you can ram into a A4 page of drivel.

God Damn it, the Gents cornflakes do not taste right!

The betting activity around Simon grayson is looking very similar to when AM was appointed last season! If it is then randy can go **** himself! Can't believe we dithered over OGS as missed out big time there!

Klinsmann please

Klinsmann is just not going to happen, and the sooner people realize that, the better. Klinsmann might make sense from a Villa perspective, but it makes absolutely no sense from a Klinsmann perspective. Not only is he in the middle of a major project: overhauling the entire U.S. National Team setup—something that has been years in the making—, he's firmly rooted in California with his American wife and family. He's quickly becoming an integral part of soccer culture in America and is actively and fully committed to his work in taking U.S. Soccer to the next level and making it a footballing power—one that produces up-and-coming talent, one that has players producing at the highest levels of club football, and one that expects to make deep runs in regional and world tournaments. He's not going to throw that away in order to manage a Premier League club in the middle of a major crisis.

If anything, I can see him consulting with Randy Lerner in an official or unofficial advisory capacity, such as he has previously done with MLS clubs like Toronto FC. Klinsmann is a systems thinker and loves to offer advice and input to those in his network. I wouldn't be shocked if rumours about him suggesting Solskjær to Lerner for the management position are true, for instance, but if he's offered the role and takes it for himself, I'll eat my shoe.