General Next Manager Topic?? (everything other than Lambert)

donnie

Relying on an interview shortlist and making an appointment decision on "shared vision" and the interview vibe, is an outdated and flawed process. Randy has used this scenario in all his Cleveland Browns appointments with no success at all.

The Premiership is a dog eat dog world where big clubs eat little clubs, as we found out with Barry, Milner, Young etc. etc. If we want the manager of a smaller club then we have to ruthlessly pursue that target until we get our way.

It's not the most pleasant way to do business, but it's the most effective way. Randy and PF have to toughen up and become predators for the good of AVFC.

Can they do it, or are they willing to try? The next few days will tell us.

The names being mentioned really are a bag of uninspiring dross.

condiering you have badmouthed every manager or link since Houllier who do you think should be manager?

Every manager since Houllier has been Alex McLeish - I'm sure you were very supportive of the appointment, his work as an Aston Villa manager and the fruits of his labour.

OR LINK

to be fair i've never seen a Pilchard comment that wasn't along the lines of "oh no, bollocks, rubbish, idiots, dross, crap pathetic"

so, who would Mr Pilchard have as managaer of AVFC?

I would suggest that you haven't read my posts correctly, just as I can't remember one of you 300 posts you have made.

Have a look at the Lambert thread. Or the OGS thread.

If you want to discuss me, a poster then I suggest PMing me as I can't imagine that would be of any interest to anyone. Probably as much as posting sausage rolls into topics for pages and pages.

My comment was:

The names being mentioned really are a bag of uninspiring dross.

So lets look at them...

Martinez - El Relegation-Battler - Struggles to organise a defence, been beaten 8-0 and 9-1 and only seems to win games in the last six weeks of a season. Bought some crackers like Boselli and Jason Scotland when given cash to spend. Plays the passing game of football, yes, but not a successful passing game - its in the same mould as Tony Mowbray going down with WBA but passing the ball as if that's OK.

Lambert - not interested.

Grayson - Not good enough in the Championship let alone Premier League.

OGS - not interested.

Poyet - Three decent months last year and living off the back of that. Said he didn't think Luis Suarez did anything wrong. I'm sure Darren Bent will love playing under such a nice chap.

Roberto Di Matteo - Plays decent football? Nope. Got sacked because he was relegating WBA who at the time had a better squad than the one we have now. A Champions League winner, and congratulations to him - he brought that squad together well. But we don't have a Drogba at our club. We don't even have a bloody Heskey anymore (thank goodness).

I think uninspiring dross sums it up pretty well.

A Huddersfield fan just messaged me asking what time we'd like him to drop Grayson off at VP. I'm right enjoying today.

I hope we get someone who's never managed in the English leagues before.

For me you can forget anyone who is sitting comfortably in a job.

The task would look like - can you propel Aston Villa up the table with very little money for players ?

I think our finances are still pretty dire, we need someone who can manage the turmoil of our club - and get some decent results. With some of the names being banded about, Grayson, Lee Clark, Mcdonald, Southgate - shudder....

My suggestion isn't exciting, nor is he particulary young - but has proved he can keep teams in the PL on a budget ........Alan Curbishley ....yes I know groan, groan, - but I really think he is the best of the feasible names.....and I really think he should have been given the job ahead of houllier....

He would do a solid - if routine job IMO

Don't get the Rodgers hype. A lot of it is down to Martinez anyway and it's not like he did a great job at Reading.

I honestly don't know where we go from this. Ranieri would be nice but it would go against what they said about vibrancy.

I fear we may end up with Steve bruce or MM. We all know how useless RL and PF are.

I honestly don't think we would go with MM

Bruce - yes

Vibrant is very subjective as well.....it could easily be tossed away with 'wait and see who he buys'

This is going the same way as last year. Lot's of options on the table followed by one very public rejection. Add in a week or two of head scratching all round and settle for Steve Bruce and a letter of recommendation from Sir Alex Ferguson. Please turn this around Randy.

I've had a quick scan of the thread - no talk of Houghton?

Didn't Bluenoses get mightely pissed off when we poached their manager last time?

I don't think RL and LF considers hiring manager of that club again.

From todays express and star

Former Braga boss Domingos Paciencia has emerged as one of the candidates to have expressed an interest in the vacant Aston Villa manager’s job.

The 43-year-old led Braga to the 2011 Europa League final and was most recently in charge of Sporting Lisbon but was sacked by them in February after they fell well behind Benfica in the Portuguese title race.

Paciencia appeared to fit the young and hungry manager profile Villa are looking for and his coaching credentials were recommended to Villa chief executive Paul Faulkner who agreed to consider his application for the job.

However, it is understood by the Express & Star that Paciencia, who managed Porto’s B team while Jose Mourinho was in charge of the club, is some way down the list of prospective replacements for Alex McLeish.

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer remains the favourite for the position and the odds on him taking over at Villa Park tumbled to around 1/8 last night amid rumours on Twitter that the Norwegian had been appointed by the club.

From todays express and star

Former Braga boss Domingos Paciencia has emerged as one of the candidates to have expressed an interest in the vacant Aston Villa manager’s job.

The 43-year-old led Braga to the 2011 Europa League final and was most recently in charge of Sporting Lisbon but was sacked by them in February after they fell well behind Benfica in the Portuguese title race.

Paciencia appeared to fit the young and hungry manager profile Villa are looking for and his coaching credentials were recommended to Villa chief executive Paul Faulkner who agreed to consider his application for the job.

However, it is understood by the Express & Star that Paciencia, who managed Porto’s B team while Jose Mourinho was in charge of the club, is some way down the list of prospective replacements for Alex McLeish.

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer remains the favourite for the position and the odds on him taking over at Villa Park tumbled to around 1/8 last night amid rumours on Twitter that the Norwegian had been appointed by the club.

Its from yesterday