General Next Manager Topic?? (everything other than Lambert)

donnie

Andre Villas-Boas will only return to management with a club that has a clear vision for their future, according to his agent Carlos Goncalves.

The 34-year-old boss has been out of work since March when he parted company with Chelsea following a testing period in charge.

He is presently being linked with the coaching positions at Liverpool and Roma.

However, his adviser believes the former Porto coach will only return to a club that will provide an environment where he can flourish.

Technical project

Asked about the rumours linking Villas-Boas with Liverpool and Roma, Goncalves answered on romagiallorossa.com: "Liverpool and Roma? Well, what we are looking for is a [club with a] strong technical plan, that is solid and durable.

"Villas-Boas would like to return to coaching in these conditions, but if these conditions are not available, we would have no problems not working.

"I won't confirm or deny contacts with specific clubs. What we are interested in is a technical project, its outlook and a situation that has longevity."

Link

What I would say is that Lerner and Faulkner need to rapidly reevaluate the "offer".

If you apporach a candidate that you want, you start talking about what is needed at the club and the transfer budget available you cannot expect managers with anything about them to be motivated to accept if the transfer budget consists of 'you can keep whatever sales you make'.

I'm afraid Lerner and Faulkner need to understand where we are going as a club if that is the sum total of the rebuilding fund.

That is not being candid with yourselves or the supporters

And you know that's the offer made to OGS how exactly ? Surely if that was the offer he would have immediately said he wasn't interested, when in fact after the "informal meeting" he seemed to send out positive messages about wanting the job.

Something else happene to change his mind, none of us know what, but I suspect it wasn't at the Villa end.

He was never made an offer :!: Impressed with him but not enough to take it any further but was a Good back up option .

I admit I wanted him and haven't a clue as I have said before who the other candidates they have seen :!: are . My take on it is :

Outstanding candidates

Martinez not sure we would go through the fiasco again and he is meeting Liverpool in Boston today but YES

Lambert YES would have him but is he too much like Martin ONeil ? for Board to go down that route

Options

Rogers has already turned down Liverpool so won’t come to us

Poyet Possible with experienced coach ? Quite like him

Di Matteo can’t argue he has won things but is he billy big time ? didn’t exactly do wonders at WBA but wouldn’t rule him out . The kudos is good about him but nagging doubt was he already had the infrastructure there

Ian Holloway fits the bill good eye for a bargain but is he too Barry Fry and his comments last season about Villa ruled him out

Then the outsiders

Kevin Mac proved in his last spell he wasn’t up to it coaching the first team and would be Another Terry Connor

Grayson preparing for a play off game didn’t cut it in the championship , fans would be up in arms

Zola with Steve Clarke ? Uninspiring and aint sure

Hoddle my choice but been out of work too long ?

Southgate safe pair of hands but again hardly likely to be vibrant for the club

Lee Clarke see Zola comments Uninspiring and aint sure

Chris Hughton good manager and proven but would we go down that route again from the dark side

Rank outsiders

David Moyes Perfect choice but hardly likely to leave Everton for Villa unless we have said we will spend heavily

Rannerri past his sell by date and flitting in and out . Check book Manager

Bilbao Manager like him a lot but destined I think for bigger things than Villa

Bob Bradley wasn’t considered before why now ?

Nigel Adkins done a great job at Soton can’t see him leaving

Ones we don’t know about ?

Foreign Managers who are young / vibrant doing it in their leagues ? Guy just left Lazio as an example don’t know enough about them to give an opinion on it .

Do you know if the club/PF/RL knows how frustated fans are with The Search and total lack of communication from the club to the fans?

Yes but they have nothing to say until there is anything to say for definate . I am as frustrated as everyone else and wanted OGS but it was never confirmed he was Number 1 choice and lets be honest I suppose if he was the main target they would have offered him the job . They didn't and thats been said from OGS side so my take is the Number 1 target is still out there .

I'd be delighted with Ray Wilkins. I think he's got everything we need to become an attractive team again.

Glen Hoddle would be fine too.

The only worry is that they've not been involved for a while but neither was Kenny Dalgish and, I think, he built a good team that the new gu there will benefit from. Hmm Kenny Dalgish? I don't think he'd come but would be good, not young though so perhaps we wouldn't go for him.

AVB? I'd be amazed if we got him, and not sure he'd be able to do it here with our supposed budget constraints, but he'd get bums on seats.

Andre Villas-Boas will only return to management with a club that has a clear vision for their future, according to his agent Carlos Goncalves.

The 34-year-old boss has been out of work since March when he parted company with Chelsea following a testing period in charge.

He is presently being linked with the coaching positions at Liverpool and Roma.

However, his adviser believes the former Porto coach will only return to a club that will provide an environment where he can flourish.

Technical project

Asked about the rumours linking Villas-Boas with Liverpool and Roma, Goncalves answered on romagiallorossa.com: "Liverpool and Roma? Well, what we are looking for is a [club with a] strong technical plan, that is solid and durable.

"Villas-Boas would like to return to coaching in these conditions, but if these conditions are not available, we would have no problems not working.

"I won't confirm or deny contacts with specific clubs. What we are interested in is a technical project, its outlook and a situation that has longevity."

Link

Wow i imagine AVB would relish coaching the cloggers we have at the club such as Dunne warnock and collins and somehow i don't think he will be attracted by our transfer budget either which by the sounds of it is made up of whatever lerner finds down the back of his sofa

My number one target has always been Roberto Martinez, although he doesn't seem to popular on VT. I would love to see him get three years backing from both the board and the fans in order to turn Villa into a team and squad that can actually play entertaining football.

If I was a betting man I would say that his appointment is probably long odds.

I'd have Wilkins as an assistant but not a manager. Maybe he could come in alongside Poyet?

Really have no idea where we are going now with a potential manager. At least there's Liverpool out there currently to take some of the spotlight off of us.

What I would say is that Lerner and Faulkner need to rapidly reevaluate the "offer".

If you apporach a candidate that you want, you start talking about what is needed at the club and the transfer budget available you cannot expect managers with anything about them to be motivated to accept if the transfer budget consists of 'you can keep whatever sales you make'.

I'm afraid Lerner and Faulkner need to understand where we are going as a club if that is the sum total of the rebuilding fund.

That is not being candid with yourselves or the supporters

And you know that's the offer made to OGS how exactly ? Surely if that was the offer he would have immediately said he wasn't interested, when in fact after the "informal meeting" he seemed to send out positive messages about wanting the job.

Something else happene to change his mind, none of us know what, but I suspect it wasn't at the Villa end.

He was never made an offer :!: Impressed with him but not enough to take it any further but was a Good back up option .

I admit I wanted him and haven't a clue as I have said before who the other candidates they have seen :!: are . My take on it is :

Outstanding candidates

Martinez not sure we would go through the fiasco again and he is meeting Liverpool in Boston today but YES

Lambert YES would have him but is he too much like Martin ONeil ? for Board to go down that route

Options

Rogers has already turned down Liverpool so won’t come to us

Poyet Possible with experienced coach ? Quite like him

Di Matteo can’t argue he has won things but is he billy big time ? didn’t exactly do wonders at WBA but wouldn’t rule him out . The kudos is good about him but nagging doubt was he already had the infrastructure there

Ian Holloway fits the bill good eye for a bargain but is he too Barry Fry and his comments last season about Villa ruled him out

Then the outsiders

Kevin Mac proved in his last spell he wasn’t up to it coaching the first team and would be Another Terry Connor

Grayson preparing for a play off game didn’t cut it in the championship , fans would be up in arms

Zola with Steve Clarke ? Uninspiring and aint sure

Hoddle my choice but been out of work too long ?

Southgate safe pair of hands but again hardly likely to be vibrant for the club

Lee Clarke see Zola comments Uninspiring and aint sure

Chris Hughton good manager and proven but would we go down that route again from the dark side

Rank outsiders

David Moyes Perfect choice but hardly likely to leave Everton for Villa unless we have said we will spend heavily

Rannerri past his sell by date and flitting in and out . Check book Manager

Bilbao Manager like him a lot but destined I think for bigger things than Villa

Bob Bradley wasn’t considered before why now ?

Nigel Adkins done a great job at Soton can’t see him leaving

Ones we don’t know about ?

Foreign Managers who are young / vibrant doing it in their leagues ? Guy just left Lazio as an example don’t know enough about them to give an opinion on it .

Do you know if the club/PF/RL knows how frustated fans are with The Search and total lack of communication from the club to the fans?

Yes but they have nothing to say until there is anything to say for definate . I am as frustrated as everyone else and wanted OGS but it was never confirmed he was Number 1 choice and lets be honest I suppose if he was the main target they would have offered him the job . They didn't and thats been said from OGS side so my take is the Number 1 target is still out there .

The worry is MM that according to Kendrick (the most ITK) they haven't talked to Lambert or Martinez yet. Surely if they were high they would have spoken to them.

I am not sure they have approached their No.1 yet. If not why not? etc

The list of possible managers looks a bit "pass the shotgun now".

Very few decent managers left that I'd feel confident would take us forward.

Didn't offer Ole the job. **** idiots.
Tell me about it. Apparently they were aware of how popular an appointment OGS would be as well. I know popularity isn't everything but surely they must've known that an exciting appointment like that would've been a huge boost for the club?

If we called this deal off maybe they've already got something lined up? AVB perhaps? I know it's pie in the sky but I just can't fathom why they've done this.

That's what I don't know.

The board need this appointment to be a success. A third "failure" in a row would be curtains.