General Next Manager Topic?? (everything other than Lambert)

donnie

It feels like Villa are like a 50 year old balding fat ugly git who has no luck with the ladies.

All of a sudden some young attractive foreign bird is making eyes at him and all the single (and not so single) ladies are starting to sit up and take notice - maybe that fat, ugly bastard has

something going for him after all...

what an excellent analogy :clap:

Who do you want Pilchard?

I'd like Lambert. I think OGS could be an interesting one, and AVB would have been nice. if there's money to spend, Benitez would excite me.

Sadly, it's a case of I know who I wouldn't want - Martinez, Rodgers, Di Matteo, McCarthy, Clark....

I hope the Di Matteo rumours is bollocks. I have respect for what he has done at Chelsea but he has now won the big prize meaning he is not a hungry, up and coming manager. I just don't think it would work.

Ole Gunnar or Lambert will be fine with me. (Hoping it is OGS)

OGS, Lambert or AVB from the rumoured ones, wouldn't want Rafa, RDM or Martinez. I don't think Martinez would be suitable for re-building and we need someone who can instill the winning mentality to our players, also don't want RDM or Rafa because I don't want to see another season with shit football.

Nice to see a bit more sanity breaking through on here. I will take any manager who doesn`t use fifa to scout players and prepare for games.

Do you actually know what he uses them for? I'm sure he doesn't play a game on them wins it 10 - 0 with Gabby scoring 3 hat tricks, and turns to the players and goes there you go lads, now off you go and win.

He could just use CM as a tool to unover potential players from far off markets, before sending scouts to watch, and could use FIFA as a 3D visual tool to try and help get his points across.

Nice to see a bit more sanity breaking through on here. I will take any manager who doesn`t use fifa to scout players and prepare for games.

My old P.E teacher didn't use fifa when preparing his school team, I'll give him a bell.

Do you actually know what he uses them for? I'm sure he doesn't play a game on them wins it 10 - 0 with Gabby scoring 3 hat tricks, and turns to the players and goes there you go lads, now off you go and win.

He could just use CM as a tool to unover potential players from far off markets, before sending scouts to watch, and could use FIFA as a 3D visual tool to try and help get his points across.

Or he doesn't use it at all and was being generous with the truth in order to plug FIFA.

I believe the comment was made in some sort of promotional tool for FIFA.

I have a preference for OGS BUT I am now just happy that we seem to be looking at the right 'type' of managers who will play the right type of football.

For that I am happy and will relax til an appointment is made and support whoever gets the job!

I have a preference for OGS BUT I am now just happy that we seem to be looking at the right 'type' of managers who will play the right type of football.

For that I am happy and will relax til an appointment is made and support whoever gets the job!

I agree. It is really refreshing to see us being linked with Lambert, Solskjaer and Martinez, any of which I would be happy with.

This, I just cant wait for the appointment to be made, then we can actually start with clearing the deadwood and shaping the squad.

I agree. It is really refreshing to see us being linked with Lambert, Solskjaer and Martinez, any of which I would be happy with.

Can you believe it's only one week since AM was sacked! What a difference a week makes. The quality of managers on our apparent shortlist means that unless Randy really f*cks up we can start to enjoy being Villa fans again.

C'mon Randy, don't let us down!