General Next Manager Topic?? (everything other than Lambert)

donnie

No to Martinez, agree with what someone said here the other day - he seems OK with losing as long as they play the right way.

I would be satisfied with Lambert but I would prefer Brendan Rodgers but I think he won't leave Swansea. I can't think of any other names (good ones) that would consider managing us.

Still deflated.

changed my mind on martinez, think he'd be **** useless now.

Lambert, AVB, some random foreign dude with a decent CV ( i don't follow football outside of GB must be someone )

Lambert or Adkins are the only credible british options available as I assume Rodgers is commtted to wansea now and I wouldn't want Di Matteo either.

Lambert or AVB or some other talented foreign chap or I'm going to be so underwhelmed.

Grayson doesn't do anything for me either i have to say.. Martinez, Rogers, Lambert i don't think would come so that leaves who exactly?

Rafa? Ok could work but i don't see Randy going back in for someone who turned us down previously & was demanding a huge war chest so a no go for me.

AVB? Possibly but surely a huge risk? He couldn't get the Chelsea old guard on side so i think he would struggle even more with our "even more unprofessional than Chelsea" Old guard.

Surely there is nothing in the RDM stories? Guess you never know but i struggle to see him succeeding here in all honesty.

Struggling actually to see where we go from here? :? .. Plenty i would be happy with just don't think they would come here for various reasons.

I like Rogers. Not sure he would come.

Always felt if we were going for a less experienced man, then Poyet is a better shout than OGS.

At least he has done some managing!

Lambert, Martinez would be ok.

Anyone who isnt McCleish basically. Though the curbishleys of this world are similarly uninspiring

Not sure why everyone so cold on Martinez. Honestly, would Solskjaer be doing much differently with Wigan? It's a bit silly to consider him someone who is happy to lose when he is at a club that is in the bottom 3 in the league in terms of resources. Even if you start out super-positive there, you are going to end up realistic, they are a club forever punching above their weight in this league.

I could see Poyet being considered. He fits the bill too, in terms of age/potential.

Di Matteo I'm not so convinced by. Also he scored goal against us in the FA Cup final, the fiend (Poyet played that day too, but at least had the decency not to score ;) )

Di Matteo I'm not so convinced by. Also he scored goal against us in the FA Cup final, the fiend (Poyet played that day too, but at least had the decency not to score Wink )

can we rule David James out for his assist ??

If it's a case of the board not offering the job to OGS as opposed to him declining the job, they've really shot themselves in the foot. Almost anyone they appoint now will not generate the excitement that OGS would've done.

The Express and Star reporting this gentleman (Domingos Paciencia) is interested in the job. I know bugger all about him.

someone said the club declined to interview him