General Next Manager Topic?? (everything other than Lambert)

donnie

Please let this happen I'll probably need like 10 new pairs of pants if it does. McLeish out, OGS in...in less than a week? The stuff of dreams.

Why? Why? Why? What is the obvious hype that I am clearly missing about OGS?!

Nothing, I just like him :P.

Please let this happen I'll probably need like 10 new pairs of pants if it does. McLeish out, OGS in...in less than a week? The stuff of dreams.

I think you're missing the obvious avatar...

He will be our new boss by Monday.

I meant in terms of his managerial capabilities? Why are people so excited about the prospect? Seems odd the big response.

Why would ole give up the chance of playing in the CL?

Possibly taking a gamble on his team not having much of a chance and not wanting to pass up a chance to get his managerial teeth into a Premiership side.

With Molde? He won't. He'll go into the 2nd qualification round which, if he gets out of it, puts him in the 3rd qualification round where he will be knocked out. I think the lure of managing in the PL will be stronger, especially considering he is a CL winner as a player so he has been there done it and knows he won't get that with Molde.

££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££

I meant in terms of his managerial capabilities? Why are people so excited about the prospect? Seems odd the big response.

It's known as the McLeish Effect.

Lol molde in the CL.. Stop my sides hurt.

How's that funny? I remember them playing Real Madrid. FFS its more realistic than us being in it any time soon!

In fact Norwegian champions regularly qualify for the group stages.

Lol molde in the CL.. Stop my sides hurt.

How's that funny? I remember them playing Real Madrid. FFS its more realistic than us being in it any time soon!

In fact Norwegian champions regularly qualify for the group stages.

Lol, if Villa were playing in the Norwegian league we would probably qualify for the CL aswell...haha please stop...

Tony Evans ‏@TonyEvansTimes

Liverpool given permission to speak to Martinez, says Whelan. From @DuckerTheTimes

Of course he'll give them permission and of course he'll tell the press... one of the reason why I think we haven't enquired about Martinez this time round imo.

Bookies top 5 are;

1. Solsksjaer

2. Paul Lambert

3. Roberto Martinez

4. Marcelo Bielsa

5. Nigel Adkins

Would be very happy with any of them to be honest, they are all fairly young, forward thinking managers, very much part of the new breed of manager around at the moment and they would make me excited for the new season.

We want good football first and foremost, the rest will follow.

Intrigued by all of this. I was dead set on Lambert and scoffed when I first saw OGS this morning (albeit too late to get odds better than 5/4 on him) but have slowly come round to the idea.

It's the trade off isn't it - where did Guardiola come from after all.. but how much of his success was down to the players at his disposal?

I certainly wouldn't be against OGS but I'd be more comfortable with Lambert, he's certainly someone who could get the best out of squad in its current state.

Big, big risk and I hope it's not one Randy has made with blind faith (again..)

Bookies top 5 are;

1. Solsksjaer

2. Paul Lambert

3. Roberto Martinez

4. Marcelo Bielsa

5. Nigel Adkins

Would be very happy with any of them to be honest, they are all fairly young, forward thinking managers, very much part of the new breed of manager around at the moment and they would make me excited for the new season.

We want good football first and foremost, the rest will follow.

bielsa would give us the best football out of that lot i reckon. oldest though and the club have said young. would love bielsa at villa.