General Next Manager Topic?? (everything other than Lambert)

donnie

If FSW were to be appointed, it would be HUGE news...not so much because he's a great manager (which imo he's overrated), but if he was appointed he'd be given a huge (Villa huge) warchest of 40-50m.

Yes agreed.

I also fear OGS will get around 1/10th of that figure.

If FSW were to be appointed, it would be HUGE news...not so much because he's a great manager (which imo he's overrated), but if he was appointed he'd be given a huge (Villa huge) warchest of 40-50m.

Yes agreed.

I also fear OGS will get around 1/10th of that figure.

I think the opposite. I actually believe if Randy goes down this route, he will be willing to back Ole on a long term project. Ok, maybe he won't be given a huge 'warchest' at the beginning, but I believe he will back him with funds.

whos that american guy whos out of work ....we took his son for a few months and he was shit

Bob Bradley.

His son was Michael Bradley. He now plays for Chievo in Serie A.

I think the opposite. I actually believe if Randy goes down this route, he will be willing to back Ole on a long term project. Ok, maybe he won't be given a huge 'warchest' at the beginning, but I believe he will back him with funds.

I think Randy will back him with transfer money, but won't necessarily stump up high wages, especially for squad players.

If the right player comes along for 6-7 million and can be signed on 30k a week wages then I can't see Randy withholding with this managerial appointment. What he won't want is more Habib Beyes, Emile Heskeys and Steve Sidwells at the club.

I think he'll look to get the best out of Ireland, Bent, N'Zogbia and Makoun, and new boy Holman.

Defensively we could well struggle, especially with an attack minded and attack-knowledged manager, but we were pretty terrible this year too, and our biggest problem really was at the other end. If we can keep the key players then OGS can hopefully get them playing well, particularly Bent and Ireland who were both completely wasted under McLeish (even before Bent's injury)

shame he only does it final 1/4 of the season though

Yes but what a final 1/4. Wigan won 7 of their last 9 games and beat 3 of the top 5 in the process taking an average of 2.33 points per game. That's Champions League form. When we played them at their place they looked absolute dross, and I had them as certs to go down. You have to credit Martinez with the turn around. He changed their tactics and formation and turned them into a decent side. That's what I want here at Villa. A manger who is tactically astute, and will change things when necessary. MON and Mcleish had their set tactics and that was that. Hell, we could all set our watches by MON's substitutions. If Martinez doesn't get the Pool job, we should definitely go for him. OGS is a bit of an unknown quantity. At least Martinez has 3 years Prem management experience under his belt. Whelan sounded today like he was already reserved to losing him. I think we should test the water again.

On a side note, looking at that final 1/4 table, it makes me wonder how the hell we managed to stay up. Out of our last 10 games, we won none, failed to score in 5 of them, and gained an almighty 1/2 a point average per game. I just hope to god Randy gets it right this time. I don't think I could cope with another season like the last one. Martinez for me.

CS=Clean sheets

FtS=Failed to score

PPG=Points per game

martinez.png

It's the type of player though he will bring to the mix. The sort you'd want playing in a C & B shirt week in week out and will be happy

to give their all for a lot less than some of the poison MON attracted to the club. Yes I love seeing us buck the trend using home grown talent

but we do need perhaps some other influences...

The Mellbergs, the Laursen's... neither Englishmen and both Scandinavian.......but still love the club to this day.

As I posted a couple of weeks ago I have a friend in the City, who used to live in the same apartment complex as Hangeland of Fulham & he was telling me the Scandinavians particularly Norwegians have a completely different mindset to the overpaid WAG & drink culture graduates that the PL tends to breed.... eg Man City reserve/fringe players turning up for training in Chauffeur driven cars.

It's madness, because they & their avaricious agents are bankrupting football.

It's the type of player though he will bring to the mix. The sort you'd want playing in a C & B shirt week in week out and will be happy

to give their all for a lot less than some of the poison MON attracted to the club. Yes I love seeing us buck the trend using home grown talent

but we do need perhaps some other influences...

The Mellbergs, the Laursen's... neither Englishmen and both Scandinavian.......but still love the club to this day.

As I posted a couple of weeks ago I have a friend in the City, who used to live in the same apartment complex as Hangeland of Fulham & he was telling me the Scandinavians particularly Norwegians have a completely different mindset to the overpaid WAG & drink culture graduates that the PL tends to breed.... eg Man City reserve/fringe players turning up for training in Chauffeur driven cars.

It's madness, because they & their avaricious agents are bankrupting football.

As as scandinavian, although finnish, I'm gonna say that's true. Scandinavian people seems to be mostly pretty grounded but naturally there's always exceptions.

Can't say for other scandinavian countries but at least finnish athletes are sometimes even too modest.

The Aston Villa board has embarked upon an interview process which will lead to the appointment of a new manager.

This process will be focused and consistent with the board's objectives which are to secure a manager who can help to reinvigorate the club and bring some vibrancy back to Villa.

We are aware that certain individuals have been linked with our managerial vacancy but, out of respect to all potential candidates and any clubs they may currently be employed by, we will not discuss specific individuals by name.

We will update supporters when we have more news.

so nothing imminent. It seems it is as they - just a chat - and it would seem that Randy can spend £25k - without the manager being' in the bag' ......and if he paid £2m for mcleish - that shouldn't be a surprise.

Lambo, Lambo, Lambo !!!