General Next Manager Topic?? (everything other than Lambert)

donnie

People need to sort there lifes out lets gets real OGS might boost morale and freshen things up lets go for a Frank Rijkaard or Ronald Koeman they were world class footballers OGS was a part player and is managing in a very poor league. Villa need to take a new approach we have had 2 foreign coahes of all time the DR and Houlier, lets go for the european man that has different ideas to training and a differnt philsphy to the game.

Lambert- Reliable not gonna have us playing extravagant football but a nice choice.

Martinez- Liverpool bound

Poyet or Rodgers - Good choices play football the right way

If RL gets this wrong it is the end for the villa in terms of premeiership football, cos we wont get lucky like this season again FACT

Look, OSG was a great striker and has done OK as a manager so far, but realistically, its a huge gamble. It really is.

I would still prefer Martinez, Rogers or Lambert.

Sorry, cant jump on this particular band wagon.

Im so nervous about this appointment it needs to be right, ladies and gents any manager will be an improvement than AM, The problem we have is after the initial feel good factor if the team dont start well to the season then we will play catch up and with rumours there aint a huge budget we are inevitaly gunna struggle unless we have a proven winner at the helm.

I've completely warmed to the idea over the course of today.

He comes across as a motivated, clued up young man. But level headed and still knows he's got a lot to learn.

Would we rather have a dour, boring, SAFE manager, and go through the motions again ? or someone like Ole who's fresh, completely focussed on playing proper football and with a passion to succeed at the highest level ?

The 'he must have PL experience' is one thing a lot of us moaned about when it was rumoured Randy demanded that last time, now we've got a possible left field option with none, it's as if some folks want exactly what they didn't want last time!

It could go tits up, of course it could. ANY managerial appointment could go tits up. Unless its a boring Curbishley, Sven, McClaren type of thing.

I don't want mediocrity anymore, the Villa are dying as we are. I want some EXCITEMENT!

Take the gamble, be bold, be adventurous and who knows what might happen. At the very least, it'll get the blood flowing through the veins of Aston Villa again. The unknowing edge to appointing someone like Ole, and the willingness from the supporters for him to succeed will create a positive vibe from the off too.

Surely, we ALL want that kind of excitement back ?

I've completely warmed to the idea over the course of today.

He comes across as a motivated, clued up young man. But level headed and still knows he's got a lot to learn.

Would we rather have a dour, boring, SAFE manager, and go through the motions again ? or someone like Ole who's fresh, completely focussed on playing proper football and with a passion to succeed at the highest level ?

The 'he must have PL experience' is one thing a lot of us moaned about when it was rumoured Randy demanded that last time, now we've got a possible left field option with none, it's as if some folks want exactly what they didn't want last time!

It could go tits up, of course it could. ANY managerial appointment could go tits up. Unless its a boring Curbishley, Sven, McClaren type of thing.

I don't want mediocrity anymore, the Villa are dying as we are. I want some EXCITEMENT!

Take the gamble, be bold, be adventurous and who knows what might happen. At the very least, it'll get the blood flowing through the veins of Aston Villa again. The unknowing edge to appointing someone like Ole, and the willingness from the supporters for him to succeed will create a positive vibe from the off too.

Surely, we ALL want that kind of excitement back ?

"Safe" appointment like McClaren almost got Nottinghan Forest relegated.

What would peoples thoughts be on rl using the negotiations with milder to also set up a link with them ala man utd Antwerp? Could be useful to send youth over to get first team experience and also toughen them up living away. We would have first pickings on their best players etc.

Would be disappointed but not surprised with the appointment of Solskjaer.

Someone who would just be delighted to manage at this level so would come with not very high demands , is limited in experience and so may even be a good little boy and do as he is told.

IMO this is completely and utterly wrong. He is extremely ambitious and IF he comes to Villa it will be his big chance and he will bend backwards to be successful. This is a guy looking to manage ManU some day. If you think he will be a puppet and not have demands, you do not know or understand OGS at all.

Anyway, today is Constitution Day in Norway, the biggest celebration of the year here, so kind of really strange timing for OGS to travel to the UK. If he comes, I have three concerns

- will he kick some of our dross out immediately or give "everyone a new chance"? This concern, however, to me applies to all possible new managers. He will not be afraid to confront and ship out however but I hope he knows/ understands that some players quite simply must go.

- will he be talking about how "fantastic" ManU are all the time, and refer to SAF at every chance? Do not think so, but there is a risk for that. He is a ManU man and loves ManU

- if he comes and is successful and SAF retires in two or three years, he will be front runner (and he will be running as fast as ****) for the ManU position.

The largest Norwegian paper is reporting that Molde and Solskjær's agent deny any knowledge of this. And, if offered the job I would not be surprised if he turned it down ( he recently went on record saying that he was not at all even considering Wolves) - as mentioned, this is an extremely ambitious man (but, from what I remember his wife may be a Vila supporter!)

As I've mentioned previously I really think we need to bring in a manager that will be able to tap into the european market for young talent and add a bit of culture to our style of football. A manager that will be respected by senior players and younger players. As much as everyone keeps going on about Lambert I just don't believe at the moment that he is what Villa need right now. Sure he has done well in the last couple of seasons but Colchester and Norwich? Many newly promoted teams with average players do well first season,more often than not they work harder and are normally underated by the opposition. Doe's anyone honestly believe that Norwich will be outside the relegation scrap next season? Then would be the time to judge Lambert for me. There is no way a bigger club than Villa will give him a job this summer IMO.

Also I'm not sure as I never heard the comment but a friend told me that he said a few weeks ago when asked about managing Villa he replied, "If I leave Norwich it would be for a big club"? Doe's anyone else no if this is true?

Anyway I would much rather Klinnsmann, Rijkaard, AVB, Ranieri, Benitez, or someone along these lines come in and bring a completely new approach to the way we play. Heskey and Cuellars wages cover any of the wages the above would cost? I would rather us spend good money on a manager than another expensive striker who doesn't score. Plus I'm sure that any manger that comes in will have some funds for players, how much though I'm not sure.

Anyway I would much rather Klinnsmann, Rijkaard, AVB, Ranieri, Benitez, or someone along these lines come in and bring a completely new approach to the way we play.

yeah i'd like messi, ronaldo, bale, modric, rooney, neymar, aguero and kompany to come and play for us, or someone along these lines come in and bring a completely new approach to the way we play!

Well my mate in Norway who had been arguing with me that he won't come to villa had just messaged me to say that randys private jet has just arrive in moulde, ad he put it FACT!

Not sure if the trees can confirm?

Anyway I would much rather Klinnsmann, Rijkaard, AVB, Ranieri, Benitez, or someone along these lines come in and bring a completely new approach to the way we play.

yeah i'd like messi, ronaldo, bale, modric, rooney, neymar, aguero and kompany to come and play for us, or someone along these lines come in and bring a completely new approach to the way we play!

Hmm i dunno, a few of those haven't had much Premier League experience.

No need to take the piss! Klinnsmann and Rijkaard both expressed an interest last year and Ranieri recently. Also didn't Benitez actually have talks with the board before Mcleish?

Come back with something better than that bright spark because It's not as far fetched as messi,ronaldo etc.