General Next Manager Topic?? (everything other than Lambert)

donnie

Yankee Madrid said that he's heard we've approached another manager with 3 letter initials. I know he's good for ITK sometimes.

Have to say, I'm a lot more impressed with Lerner/Faulkner, actually seem like they have a plan a/b/c.

YankeeinMadrid wrote this yesterday:

I know for a fact that OGS is not the only target, if indeed he is one. Another foreign manager who can be described with 3 letters has been contacted by the club.

So same profile as OGS, foreign and three letter initials.

RDM :!:

AVB :oops:

Please.

Quique" Sánchez Flores

AVB

RDM

QSF

FSW

BFR

Not saying we should go for these but I could also think of

Sven Goran Eriksson

Louis Van Gaal

Paolo Di Canio

Juan Ignacio Martínez

Marco Van Basten

...sure there's loads more

Am I alone in thinking Martinez needs to grow some bollocks? His Victorian father aka Dave Whelan has deigned to allow him to talk to Liverpool. How gracious ffs.

I am not entirely convinced that the propaganda around Martinez is really justified but surely if he is that good he will talk to who he pleases and Whelan can just **** off. I though he had not signed a new contract with Wigan anyway.

All in all I am rapidly going off Martinez, big fish in a small sea and happy to be so.

Mind you if he took the Liverpool job I would give him 12 months maximum. The Liverpool fans are so utterly deluded they think a simple change of manager will deliver the CL so they will give him no time at all.

Liverpool are miles off the top four and are living on past dreams.

Am I alone in thinking Martinez needs to grow some bollocks? His Victorian father aka Dave Whelan has deigned to allow him to talk to Liverpool. How gracious ffs.

I am not entirely convinced that the propaganda around Martinez is really justified but surely if he is that good he will talk to who he pleases and Whelan can just **** off. I though he had not signed a new contract with Wigan anyway.

All in all I am rapidly going off Martinez, big fish in a small sea and happy to be so.

Mind you if he took the Liverpool job I would give him 12 months maximum. The Liverpool fans are so utterly deluded they think a simple change of manager will deliver the CL so they will give him no time at all.

Liverpool are miles off the top four and are living on past dreams.

I actually think Martinez could be the big looser in all this. Since he has been allowed to speak to liverpool he has come under closer scrutinity and the media have picked up on what I have thought all along:-

1.He kept wigan up by a single goal season before last

2.Lambert and Rodgers have done better than him this season

3. Steve Bruce did better before him

Every pool fan and every WBA fan doesn't want him. Much as I wish he would get the liverpool job - I sense they will find him out - just in time.

I don't want him as villa boss - but the scenario could be - he doesn't land the liverpool job - so either goes back to Wigan with his tail between his legs - or makes it known he wants the Villa or WBA job.

I hope its not him - but if wants the Villa job - with OGS waiting in the wings - the roles are very much reversed this time.

Is it me or has the last week been more exciting than the entire season?

First it was, phew we're safe......now let's get our opinion on mc known.

Then it was will they sack or won't they..

Then phew he's gone...now who...

Hell even the last 36 hrs even seem more interesting....what with the trees inside info.....the jet over there, the people's review of ole....the video.....talks here confirmed...."it's only been a chat".... Lerner going back to states....pulling of molde backing...other options available.....I love all this, hope whoever we get (please be ole) keeps us this entertained like this throughout the season.

I see Avram Grant has just resigned from Partizan. Might be interested in a PL comeback.

But please no, not with us. Please..

I keep on seeing periodic tweets about Grant being sacked by P Belgrade. I never seen anything else that has indicated this has actually happened. Forgive me if I'm being stupid, but as Avram Grant is the only manager to have the dubious '2 seasons, 2 relegations' tag associated with his name (Alex tried so hard, bless him), is this not constant bollocks from windup machines?

Totally agreement, Honourable Dave Whelan is making Martinez look like a weak douche. After commenting that Liverpool are a massive MASSIVE club he now says they are in turmoil and "don't know what they are doing".

The Gent diagnoses Senile Dementia.

Yankee Madrid said that he's heard we've approached another manager with 3 letter initials. I know he's good for ITK sometimes.

Have to say, I'm a lot more impressed with Lerner/Faulkner, actually seem like they have a plan a/b/c.

BFS :shock:

The Gent diagnoses Senile Dementia.
Self diagnosis is risky, but if you're sure...

:winkold:

Have no fear The Gent has been self-prescribing donepezil for a few years now!

1943229-829795-mad-doctor-listens-to-your-brain-a-stethoscope-on-a-white-background.jpg

I hope OGS has more sense!