Confirmed: Paul Lambert new Villa boss

VillaRoy

This article mentions how McLeish's wife and children were targeted by our fans at the Bolton game? Is this true??

If so, I'm totally appalled of those who would steep so low. It is unacceptable and drags our name through the mud.

No, utter nonsense. They just happened to be at the game, there were no chants and certainly no 'abuse' directed towards them. In fact, I was so annoyed by that article claiming otherwise that I nearly signed up to the site just to call out the author in the comments section, instead I found something more important to do (beer).

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This article mentions how McLeish's wife and children were targeted by our fans at the Bolton game? Is this true??

If so, I'm totally appalled of those who would steep so low. It is unacceptable and drags our name through the mud.

I dont think they were targeted, if they were well then its a bit low. However if you were McLeish would you have your wife and kids at villa park???

Andy Gray talking absolute nonsense on that article:

Despite the growing clamour for McLeish’s head, Villa legend and pundit Andy Gray today called for calm, and said he believed that the embattled manager was still the man for the job.

In his Sunday Mercury column, Gray said: “The answer to survival is not sacking Alex McLeish.

“He hasn’t been helped by arriving at Villa Park from Birmingham City – Villa fans don’t forget things like that – but those supporters who are calling for McLeish to be sacked are a long way wide of the mark.

“I don’t see what Villa would get out of it. Let’s get safe, let’s get the supporters behind the team and then let’s sit down and discuss what the best way forward is.

“What would a new manager be able to do at Villa in the last two games of the season? What could he change and how would he suddenly transform the club and the results? The answer is simple, he wouldn’t be able to.

“I personally believe McLeish has a future at Villa after the summer but it’s a question for the owner. I believe McLeish will turn things around and keep this club in the Premier League where they belong.”

“I don’t see what Villa would get out of it. Let’s get safe, let’s get the supporters behind the team and then let’s sit down and discuss what the best way forward is.

“What would a new manager be able to do at Villa in the last two games of the season? What could he change and how would he suddenly transform the club and the results? The answer is simple, he wouldn’t be able to.

He has got a point there...

As I said earlier in the thread, I can't see this not happening.

We're just the right level of step for him, he's the young up and coming manager we crave, bit like Graham Taylor.

Low expectation from the fans of a big club, backing from desperate owner who needs to provide some success to disenchanted fan base, fair few high price players underperforming who can either be shipped out or made to perform, ability to negotiate a decent transfer kitty before signing.

Lots of reasons Villa would be a dream job for Lambert. And many reasons he'd be ideal for us. Can't wait to see this happen.

He has got a point there...

Maybe turn some of our draws into wins? The most we can hope for nowadays is a draw, do you honestly think every manager out there is that calamitous? If it wasn't for that last minute Weimann winner our last win would have been against Wolves when Robbie Keane was still here ffs. That's as bad as it gets I'm afraid.

I thought Martinez signed a new deal at wigan last year ? - is really out of contract - if so that would explain why he is still favourite. Don't really rate martinez - so brilliant results latley granted. but they are permanantley around the relegation zone. He hasn't done as well as 'brucey' did there.

I think Lambert will hold out for better - than Villa with no money, but a lot of 'promising 24 year old youngsters'

If it wasn't for that last minute Weimann winner our last win would have been against Wolves when Robbie Keane was still here ffs. That's as bad as it gets I'm afraid.

And if it werent for our players being unable to hit a cows arse with a banjo we would have won alot more games that we have.

Special mention goes to Gabby who has developed the touch of a rapist and has made 'grubhunters' a speciality of his.

I think Lambert will hold out for better - than Villa with no money, but a lot of 'promising 24 year old youngsters'

Just out of interest who would tick that box then.

Sunderland - Just got MON

West Brom - Will need a manager -not going to have money to spend

Fulham - Might sack Jol - no money available

Liverpool - kenny wont go this season

Everton - Moyes will want another 12 months

Chelsea - We want Pep

Newcastle - Pardew will be there next season

Spurs - Arry will be there next season

Arsenal - no change

Man City - May change the manager but wont be looking at Lambert

Man Utd - No change

If he stops at Norwich for another season they may just get found out. If he is smart he will want out this summer and despite the way we run our own club down it will probably be the biggest opportunity he would get in the next couple of years....

I thought Martinez signed a new deal at wigan last year ? - is really out of contract - if so that would explain why he is still favourite. Don't really rate martinez - so brilliant results latley granted. but they are permanantley around the relegation zone. He hasn't done as well as 'brucey' did there.

but bruce spent a small fortune to get wigan up the league. im struggling to think of a player martinez has paid over to £2million for? moses?

but bruce spent a small fortune to get wigan up the league. im struggling to think of a player martinez has paid over to £2million for? moses?

I was gonna say Bruce bought Heskey, Palacios, Rodellega and more...

Martinez - biggest signing Al-Habsi.

Beausejour, Al Habsi, Boselli (utterly disastrous signing at £6.5m), Stam, Di Santo, McCarthy, Diamé, Moses, Gómez and Scotland.

Martinez - biggest signing Al-Habsi.
Beausejour (£4.1m) and Boselli both cost more, Al Habsi was around £3.8m.