Confirmed: Paul Lambert new Villa boss

VillaRoy

For me I dont know why Martinez is rated so highly by some. I remember last year before McLeish was appointed he was an unpopular choice. What has he done this season though to change opinions.

For me if Faulkner and Randy dont even attempt to tempt Lambert from NORWICH (no disrespect intended) but even in our current plight Aston Villa > Norwich.

I wanted him. Still do. Still gutted we didnt get him.

So calm, and sticks to what he believes that always seems to get the right result in the end.

I will agree with you there, his demeanour and attitude is right and I do like that about him and who knows if we gave him a chance at a bigger club and back him he may be a revelation. Look at John Gregory I was only young when he was appointed but I imagine he wasnt the most attractive appointments but did well.

I just dont think so, he has had some good players at Wigan and still has only scraped survival on most of his seasons there.

Who are these good players?

Has he had them all at the same time?

Only Valencia has really gone on to better things and performed. Did Martinez even have Valencia?

As in good i dont mean outstanding but solid enough.

Mohamed Diame

Hugo Rodallega

Ali Al Habsi

Maynor Figueroa

Franco Di Santo

Scott Sinclair (on loan for a year)

Paul Scharner

Mario Melchiot - yes scraping the barrel a wee bit but all solid enough players in my opinion.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For me I dont know why Martinez is rated so highly by some. I remember last year before McLeish was appointed he was an unpopular choice. What has he done this season though to change opinions.

For me if Faulkner and Randy dont even attempt to tempt Lambert from NORWICH (no disrespect intended) but even in our current plight Aston Villa > Norwich.

I wanted him. Still do. Still gutted we didnt get him.

So calm, and sticks to what he believes that always seems to get the right result in the end.

I will agree with you there, his demeanour and attitude is right and I do like that about him and who knows if we gave him a chance at a bigger club and back him he may be a revelation. Look at John Gregory I was only young when he was appointed but I imagine he wasnt the most attractive appointments but did well.

I just dont think so, he has had some good players at Wigan and still has only scraped survival on most of his seasons there.

Who are these good players?

Has he had them all at the same time?

Only Valencia has really gone on to better things and performed. Did Martinez even have Valencia?

As in good i dont mean outstanding but solid enough.

Mohamed Diame

Hugo Rodallega

Ali Al Habsi

Maynor Figueroa

Franco Di Santo

Scott Sinclair (on loan for a year)

Paul Scharner

Mario Melchiot - yes scraping the barrel a wee bit but all solid enough players in my opinion.

Im sorry but I just dont agree with you here. There just not players who would get you anymore than survival at best 9 times out of 10.

I think Lambert has done a better job than MArtinez this season (and I would take either btw), but I think over the course of time (especially with better players), Martinez approach would be the more succesful.

FWIW, Id also take a richer Dave Whelan as chairman. Think the mans a credit to modern day football.

FWIW, Id also take a richer Dave Whelan as chairman. Think the mans a credit to modern day football.

The man's a grade A twunt! DO some research and you'll find out what a nasty bugger he really is.

Even Doug only named a stand after himself, not a whole ground

The man's a grade A twunt! DO some research and you'll find out what a nasty bugger he really is.

Fair enough, From what i see/know hes a credit to modern day football. I kind of meant the way he sticks by his manager, but no i dont know an awful lot about him - and tbh - wont be looking further into it other than whats put in front of me.

But seen as you put that in front of me - i see no harm in calling the stadium you own whatever the bloody hell you like.

Fair enough, From what i see/know hes a credit to modern day football. I kind of meant the way he sticks by his manager, but no i dont know an awful lot about him - and tbh - wont be looking further into it other than whats put in front of me.

But seen as you put that in front of me - i see no harm in calling the stadium you own whatever the bloody hell you like.

Got done for price fixing in relation to England Shirts - fined £5.5mil by the OFT

Intervened in a pay dispute which was already settled by JJB sports then chairman, branding it as "like communism", resulted in a strike over something that had already been settled

Broke stock market rules for selling his shares in JJB

Big donator to the Tory Party

Got done for price fixing in relation to England Shirts - fined £5.5mil by the OFT

Intervened in a pay dispute which was already settled by JJB sports then chairman, branding it as "like communism", resulted in a strike over something that had already been settled

Fair enough. I dont have any arguement for any of that tbh

They're all fair points except the last one. I don't know how donating to a political party makes him a clearing in the woods. :?

Im amazed at the Lambert love in. I hate the way Norwich play, counter attack football is not the way forward, it has its limitations which is why MON never did any better than 6th. Plus whenever I see his interviews he seems a right miserable git, I dont like him at all.

Martinez would be a a better choice or Quique Flores would be my 1st choice. Flores said he wanted the job last time road and Im sure we can tempt him away from El Kababi or whatever middle east team he is at now.

His missus was alright too if I remeber correctly, I know that has nothing to do with football but its a nice added extra :lol:

Leyton Jordan ‏ @Leyjay17

@astonvilla_view @matkendrick Paul Lambert #prettyplease ;0)

Mat Kendrick ‏ @MatKendrick

@Leyjay17 @astonvilla_view Can't see it happening. Might be wrong, just can't see it