Confirmed: Paul Lambert new Villa boss

VillaRoy

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just out of interest does anyone think that Paul Lambert was Randy Lerner's first choice?

Think they said he was, but Im not sure ..

My take is that 'Lambo' was first choice - but the wave of public support for OGS (IMO) meant the job was his for the taking. He didn't so back to Lambo

It will always be 'Lambo' for me...................

Just get it sorted though.........

I have to say now Lambert looks a dead cert im looking forward to next season.

In Lambert I think we will have a manager who can get the most out of players which is going to be important as I really dont think we have the best squad.

What I see as vital is that he is able to bring in 3/4 good players and with that improve the back line and supply to Bent. If he is able to do that and get the likes of Ireland, Nzogbia and Makoun performing as we know they are capable of then it could be a pleasing season ahead.

Well now Understudy, I'm sure a donation to Villatalk could convince us to add Lambo to the word filter as 'Lambert'. Simon would never be so crude as to solicit donations like that but I have no such manners :D

Wonder how much of a blow it will be if we don't get the backroom staff, would take a bit of the glow off for me, if they've been as integral to Lambert's success as we're led to believe.

Anyway, being positive let's hope Randy doesn't stand for it.

Norwich Chairman was NOT telling the whole truth methinks on SSN.. Pete Colley said outside BMH that Lambert was talking to Villa yesterday - he said they hadn't given him permission until compensation was sorted with the other club.

Gazton confirmed Lambert spoke to some of the players last night as well!

Porkie pies...think discussions may well be over backroom staff.

Bit OT but anyone else watching SSN just seen the Umbro Gazza England shirt advert.

Shocking...he looks dreadful....Collins, Dunne & Co be ware!