Confirmed: Paul Lambert new Villa boss

VillaRoy

I guess we can look forward to signings from far flung places such as Leeds, Cardiff and Bournemouth

Can't wait

Don't do yourself many favours, do you? Absurd statement.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't get me wrong, I'm relieved we didn't follow through on McCarthy

Just with all the OGS crap thought we were going serious left field ie. laudrup, Rijkaard, Klinsmann

I'm pretty sure next season will still be much better than last so happy we got the ST's

What is certain is that talks between the former Celtic and Borussia Dortmund midfielder and Villa were progressing smoothly on Friday with confirmation of his appointment as Alex McLeish's successor expected shortly.

Guardian says confirmation is expected shortly.. they released the article 10 minutes ago.

Superb :)

Just with all the OGS crap thought we were going serious left field ie. laudrup, Rijkaard, Klinsmann

Why does the appointment need to be left-field? As long as the appointment is the right one, it really doesn't matter where the manager has come from or where he's signed players from.

Why does the appointment need to be left-field? As long as the appointment is the right one.

Clubs words - vibrant compelling exciting

Personally I don't find lambert any of those

He is relatively young though

What on earth is going on? Could someone fill me in on the whole Richard being happy thing? Whats these 3/3 things?(I assume Lambert is one of them). Is he trolling?

I see that Randy does not seem keen to pay any compensation for Lambert. I think that his last 3 compensation packages have left a sour taste and he has probably got his legal team on the ball this time.

Clubs words - vibrant compelling exciting

I'd rather have someone who can actually manage a club well than someone who'll give us an exciting summer and then relegate us.

I'd say Lambert is pretty exciting anyway. He sets up his teams to play decent football and gets the best out of the creative players.

If Paul Lambert had just had a season with a newly promote Spanish side who were heavily tipped for relegation and finished comfortably midtable with some great performances against Barce and Real Madrid, you'd be raving about how great he was.

Scottish isn't glamourous. But I have no doubt he's the right person for this club.

I think Randy has chosen well. And I don't think Lambert is as far from the 'young and vibrant' criteria as you think he is.

I've thought of another positive

He isn't Roberto Martinez

And we won't have to listen to motor mouth Whelan anymore telling us that we are not big enough for Martinez.

I've thought of another positive

He isn't Roberto Martinez

And we won't have to listen to motor mouth Whelan anymore telling us that we are not big enough for Martinez.

Spot on, Martinez for WBA or Naaarich :-)

I see that Randy does not seem keen to pay any compensation for Lambert. I think that his last 3 compensation packages have left a sour taste and he has probably got his legal team on the ball this time.

Extracting Lambert & Co past few weeks has obviously been like pulling teeth.

Fair play to Norwich though... We'd only want Villa to do the same surely?

Can't wait to see him holding a scarf in front of the Holte. That image of McLeish with his horrible pockmarked ugly ginger face holding a Villa shirt last year is still burned into my mind.