Confirmed: Paul Lambert new Villa boss

VillaRoy

Whats Lambert's reputation like signing players from abroad by the way ?

Non-existing, until he creates one by doing some very shrewd acquisitions for Villa in the years to come. Stay tuned!

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think his back room staff are involved in this move

Why else would it take this long to agree compensation over a move for just 1 man i think there is more than 1 contract were talking about here we may have to pay compo for culverhouse and karsa as well

Lambert's reputation for signing oversees players is as bad as it gets. At Livingston he never looked past the front door. At Wycombe Wanderers I don't believe his continental European scouting network was much to write home about and at Colchester United it was one of the main criticisms of his tenure and it was why they were glad to see the back of him.

Lambert out?

Lambert's reputation for signing oversees players is as bad as it gets. At Livingston he never looked past the front door. At Wycombe Wanderers I don't believe his continental European scouting network was much to write home about and at Colchester United it was one of the main criticisms of his tenure and it was why they were glad to see the back of him.

Lambert out?

Not yet. Let's have at least one home game where we can demonstrate our dissatisfaction at his previous poor record of foreign signings.

Then sack him.

:)

I do think that he can't be faulted for his lack of movement overseas.. This is pretty much the first club he's been at that can facilitate the transfer of players from around Europe, sure he could have looked at them while at Colchester or Norwich but would they have come? Probably not. He may cast his net out further once he's at a club that can lure the players in..

**** brilliant :mrgreen:

:clap::mrgreen:

BOF wrote:

So Wycombe currently have 3 non-British players, and Colchester have 2 non-Brits. I take it the fans want their current manager out as well then?

Its fairly obvious that in the lower leagues with a complete lack of money and resources, clubs tend to stay at home and scout the lower professional/semi-professional leagues; as there's some damn good unnoticed talent down there.

Therefore his reputation is not 'as bad as it gets', because he's still building that reputation - and here at villa is his big chance.

BOF was joking lol. Jeez.

BOF wrote:

So Wycombe currently have 3 non-British players, and Colchester have 2 non-Brits. I take it the fans want their current manager out as well then?

Its fairly obvious that in the lower leagues with a complete lack of money and resources, clubs tend to stay at home and scout the lower professional/semi-professional leagues; as there's some damn good unnoticed talent down there.

Therefore his reputation is not 'as bad as it gets', because he's still building that reputation - and here at villa is his big chance.

Thats_the_joke.jpg

:lol: Same reason Norwich are getting rid. He almost placated them with Ayala until they realised he had been at Liverpool!!

Sure the man doesn't even have a passport!

By the way Julie, keep posting the interesting tweets, I have to say twitter in the main is a great pile of monkey jizz but there's definitely a few scoops out there.

I also can't imagine how boring this thread would be without the speculation and rumours.

Life is like a lemon and I want my money back.