Confirmed: Paul Lambert new Villa boss

VillaRoy

Lambda for me. :)

I’m also understand that part of any deal will involve an “agreement” which says that PL can’t come back to NCFC for any of our players for a 12 month period, same as Swansea & Liverpool have agreed
Would be chuffed if true. No offense. :P

Would we want any of them? Hmmmm...almost certainly not except Holt for me would be a great shout for sub £5m and I suspect this agreement if comes to pass is aimed at Holt.

But as it always goes you cannot keep an unhappy player so if its not us it will be someone else.

There are some other Norwich players I wouldn't mind but I really really DON'T want Holt.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What is a Football Operation's Manager?

An Advisory Director of Football?

He puts the cones out at training and points at the opposition goal so the players know where to kick the ball. McLeish and Grant were dead against that sort of appointment, far to technical!

What does Karsa actually do? Who's our equivalent?

Head of Football Operations sounds to me like he assumes a more Director of Football type role. I have heard Ian Culverhouse is the brains of the whole outfit, he does tactics and team selection.. One could assume Gary Karsa does transfers and liaises with the board. From what I've heard Paul Lambert sticks to his strengths which is man management and morale, he is effectively useless without the other two.

I'm doing my very best to get excited by the imminent lambert appointment I really am

It just isn't happening though

Dont worry I am sue the next three months may just tweak your excitment. Maybe not all the time but I think you will have ample opportunity to get excited as the season start approaches.

Wow Richard is really positive.

Would it be fair to say Richard, that Randy is sick of Villa being 'irrelavent' to everyone else?

What does Karsa actually do? Who's our equivalent?

Head of Football Operations sounds to me like he assumes a more Director of Football type role. I have heard Ian Culverhouse is the brains of the whole outfit, he does tactics and team selection.. One could assume Gary Karsa does transfers and liaises with the board. From what I've heard Paul Lambert sticks to his strengths which is man management and morale, he is effectively useless without the other two.

Lambert is MON?

I'm doing my very best to get excited by the imminent lambert appointment I really am

Dont worry I am sue the next three months may just tweak your excitment. Maybe not all the time but I think you will have ample opportunity to get excited as the season start approaches.

Wow Richard is really positive.

Would it be fair to say Richard, that Randy is sick of Villa being 'irrelavent' to everyone else?

I cantanswer for him, dont know what he is sick of or not ;-)

I am looking forward to enjoying Villa again after three long years.

3 things wanted, 3 things delivered. Chuffed.

Okay, what have you done with the real Richard and what are your demands ?

Lambda for me. :)

I’m also understand that part of any deal will involve an “agreement” which says that PL can’t come back to NCFC for any of our players for a 12 month period, same as Swansea & Liverpool have agreed
Would be chuffed if true. No offense. :P

Would we want any of them? Hmmmm...almost certainly not except Holt for me would be a great shout for sub £5m and I suspect this agreement if comes to pass is aimed at Holt.

But as it always goes you cannot keep an unhappy player so if its not us it will be someone else.

i think the entire norwich team is gash. i wouldnt want any of them. they will go down mext season.

I would take delia an board though, she does a lovely bread and butter pudding 8)

SSN says its advance stages, just going through the legal parts now. In a secret location not far from body moor heath, I live 5 mins from there, he's in my house and not leaving until he's signed the contract!

That would be the Belfry at a guess.

I don't live at the belfry.

MOM!!! He's doing it AGAIN!!!

What is certain is that talks between the former Celtic and Borussia Dortmund midfielder and Villa were progressing smoothly on Friday with confirmation of his appointment as Alex McLeish's successor expected shortly.

Guardian says confirmation is expected shortly.. they released the article 10 minutes ago.

Not overly excited by Lambert but think it is a sensible choice which will get the club going in the right direction again. Looking forward to being able to relax over the Euro's and then see what the transfer market has in store now.

To overcome your obvious disappointment try thinking of some of the names Randy could have gone for - Bruce, Mick or Megson.