Confirmed: Paul Lambert new Villa boss

VillaRoy

Paul Lambert has this evening spoken on the phone to at least 2 senior AVFC players.

Saying hi to them or jog on lads?

was he speaking to the players who had expressed to the board their desire to leave villa this summer?

Either that or he has had a word with Kevin Macdonald & Gordon Cowans regarding the players that 'run the show' as it were... To get them on side so he can effectively assess the squad before shipping out the ones he feels are no longer needed or that will cause trouble for him.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Paul Lambert has this evening spoken on the phone to at least 2 senior AVFC players.

was he speaking to the players who had expressed to the board their desire to leave villa this summer?

Either that or he has had a word with KMc & AMcL regarding the players that 'run the show' as it were... To get them on side so he can effectively assess the squad before shipping out the ones he feels are no longer needed or that will cause trouble for him.

Exactly, players that caused trouble for other managers may not cause trouble for lambert.

I don`t think he is the type to suffer fools by the looks of it, anyone not pulling their weight will be shipped out in january.

What a refreshing change, considering all the abuse RL & PF received based on nothing, I hope they get some credit if it all comes off ok...

Just comical.

One potentially good decision doesn't make up for two years of bad ones or mean the last two years didn't happen.

Someone mentioned on here last night that McLeish may have been a necessary evil, that they were never going to back him financially, they just needed someone to come in and cut costs but have enough grit about them to keep us up. I won't suggest that it worked out great but maybe just maybe with the ugly first step achieved we can look ahead to a brighter second step.

Either that or he has had a word with Kevin Macdonald & Gordon Cowans regarding the players that 'run the show' as it were... To get them on side so he can effectively assess the squad before shipping out the ones he feels are no longer needed or that will cause trouble for him.

god I hope he didnt ask sid. he hates all modern day footballers :lol:

Someone mentioned on here last night that McLeish may have been a necessary evil, that they were never going to back him financially, they just needed someone to come in and cut costs but have enough grit about them to keep us up. I won't suggest that it worked out great but maybe just maybe with the ugly first step achieved we can look ahead to a brighter second step.

The idea with McLeish might have been that he cuts the costs, and keeps the ship steadily afloat for season or two in midtable, and then new manager can take over when the wagebill etc have been lowered but it backfired.

who is going down to villa park the day of his arrival? i am definitely going down there to welcome him to our club!

he definitely should be given a mon-style welcome. he wanted the job so much he even offered his resignation. this is what we ask for a young up and coming manager, a winne rlike lambert seems to be

the lambo era begins!!!! :D

Either that or he has had a word with KMc & AMcL regarding the players that 'run the show' as it were... To get them on side so he can effectively assess the squad before shipping out the ones he feels are no longer needed or that will cause trouble for him.

Exactly, players that caused trouble for other managers may not cause trouble for lambert.

I don`t think he is the type to suffer fools by the looks of it, anyone not pulling their weight will be shipped out in january.

I think if he called players it would be been bent/zoggy/gabby to if they wanted to stay

It could've been argued that it was a necessary evil, had people like Hughton not been available for a free, and cheaper wages, and clearly better football knowledge. I suppose that's just going old ground again though, so let's leave it.

Hopefully the Lambert deal can be sorted soon, finally some optimism around the place again. Hewas my first choice. I don't actually think Martinez would've been the right man at tis time.

What a refreshing change, considering all the abuse RL & PF received based on nothing, I hope they get some credit if it all comes off ok...

Just comical.

One potentially good decision doesn't make up for two years of bad ones or mean the last two years didn't happen.

I get the impression VillaForever was referring only to the last couple of weeks. Yes they royally ballsed up the last 2 appointments and highly deserved the flack they received. That's made everyone nervous and edgy this time around, but some of the drivel being thrown around at both RL & PF, especially in the last week, has been over the top.

That about right, VF1970?

In all due respect that is one of the most stupid things I have heard in this thread so far!

Us Villa fans have had to sit through 2 shit seasons and fight relegation and I have no doubt that these "trouble makers" have had a large part to play in all this.

I will never forgive Richard Dunne for after his comment near the end of Houllier's reign, we had been losing games and looking like going down when if I remember rightly Dunne came out and said that they had agreed on a truce so that they could concentrate on Villa getting safe, from that day we were a different team and stayed up.

Anybody causing trouble at the detriment of the club should be treated like any other employee and **** off because I am not going througgh this for a third season in a row in a hope that our new manager can get on their side!

Richard I don't know how to react with you like this. All positive and what not.

As a natural optimist I am about to giz myself if what you say is true

I have shared some info with one or two these last two days and I will repeat here what I have said on PM, I am as optimistic about Villa as I have been in three years

That is a scary thing to read

Just comical.

I get the impression VillaForever was referring only to the last couple of weeks. Yes they royally ballsed up the last 2 appointments and highly deserved the flack they received. That's made everyone nervous and edgy this time around, but some of the drivel being thrown around at both RL & PF, especially in the last week, has been over the top.

That about right, VF1970?

That's the way I understood it as well.

Houllier tried to deal with Dunne, Collins and Warnock by being hard and assertive.

McLeish tried to deal with them by being soft and useless.

They both failed to get them to perform at a acceptable standard and so will Lambert.

The problem lies with the players not the manager, the only way we'll be successfull under Lambert is if he manages to get rid of those *insert insult here* in the back 4

is it actually done yet ?

I can't join the love until hes officially signed !

peace and love man. Feel the love, join the love, experience the love!