Confirmed: Paul Lambert new Villa boss

VillaRoy

KKFootball ‏@KKFootball1

I expect a statement today and a press conference Wednesday. #avfc #ncfc

That's incredible insight.. :bonk: :detect:

Did you see the tweet off Jan Aage Fjortoft last night Gazton about OGS & Lambert?

@JanAageFjortoft

I thought Solskjær would have taken the Villa-job if asked. My source had good knowledge:He said Lambert was frontrunner all the time #avfc

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Firstly, for the record, I still think Dunne and Collins are, even though not currently at their best, top quality central defenders. I would genuinely like to know where the reputation for troublemakers comes from. Is it because of them falling out with Houllier (the same man who so many on here say fawned over Liverpool and didn't motivate his players)? Don't seem to remember them playing badly under MON. In fact Dunne was a pretty much a fans favourite.

IMO they were poor players then, they're poor players now, and Dunne is even slower than he was.

MON got them playing well but he certainly didn't cut out the calamities.

Not talking about any troublemaking here - just wandering out of position, missing tackles etc.

Now I'm not saying they can't be BETTER under Lambert than under McLeish - I am sure they can - but I would still be happier with a change.

But, actually, I'll leave worrying about that decision to Lambert as I trust him to make it. Which is a lovely feeling!

Not expecting miracles from the lad but with a decent transfer budget (£20m plus sales) he could get us back to at least a top 10 finish. Needs to offload the alleged troublemakers and passangers.

If he can keep Given, Bent, Ireland and Nzog and build his team around them I can see some exciting times ahead.

Please. No more fecking Twitter.

:thumb:

Also agree. We all have access to twitter if we want to read it.

Pair of mard arses! :winkold:

I am excited to see a positive atmosphere. I cannot wait for the first game of the season now.

He will get as much time and support as he needs from me as I have faith he will implement a plan and execute it.

Richard are you hiding something from us!? Tell me the Qataris are buying in :3
#

You read my mind! No way would Richard get excited otherwise even if RL gave us 80 mill to spend! Richard has always said that we need to be brought out as Randy dont have the funds to challenge, which he is correct.

Not expecting miracles from the lad but with a decent transfer budget (£20m plus sales) he could get us back to at least a top 10 finish. Needs to offload the alleged troublemakers and passangers.

If he can keep Given, Bent, Ireland and Nzog and build his team around them I can see some exciting times ahead.

Can we have one link about the "troublemakers", please. What happend? :|

Please. No more fecking Twitter.

You pair are like the new Statler & Waldorf (After Richard's conversion) regarding the modern way people find out what's going on.

GET WITH IT!!!

Jan Aage Fjortoft is OGS Norwegian strike partner, chum and journo was interviewed at length when the Vicking Epic was in full swing.

To the more savvy ...it's kinda interesting to hear what he'd got to say about the outcome... I would say anyhow!!