Confirmed: Paul Lambert new Villa boss

VillaRoy

I know about Holts tweets just posted them in other thread... but I've just rewound what they said on SSN

and they defo said Paul Lambert has JUST taken to twitter in the last few moments..to reiterate he's leaving.

Numpties!!

They really are idiots. They kept on getting Faulkner's first name wrong when they were reporting on McLeish leaving.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They have to learn somewhere why not at Villa

I'd rather have them in our set-up learning their trade than someone else benefiting from it

But why have people learning on the job when we can have qualified, experience people doing the job and hitting the ground running?

I agree to an extent but to be fair the bulk of us were going crazy over a man not so long ago who had done a lot of training on the job at United. I dont see the harm in having someone who played along side Maldini & Nesta. He also won a Champions League (seeing as its such a bonus for Lambert). As for Petrov was he to get over his illness, hopefully, I think he could make a great coach, model pro and has over 100 caps for his country. Surely these men could potentially be great coaches.

I'm not going to jump for joy at the probable Lambert appointment until i see what he intends to do with the current squad first.
I'll tell you now. He intends to change it and make it better

I would hope Richard that any new manager coming in after the last debacle would want to change it, or else, relegation would rear it's ugly head again.

But it is the depth of change i'm getting at!

Will he for instance want to keep the back four as it is, or, ship Dunne, Collins, Hutton and Warnock out? I don't want to hear that he needs the majority of pre season to determine the squad strength. He should already know what our weaknesses are?

Will he be able to identify the other problematic areas in our team that we have all been talking about on here for some considerable time and actually do something about it?

Will he bring in players who are technically comfortable on the ball and that includes defensive players to stop us hoofing it?

Will he put a better scouting structure in place at our club something which has been needed for many years?

Basically, to revolutionize our club because thats what it's going to take to get us back where we belong?

Obviously, those are questions that you cannot be privy to all answers, so thats why i will not jump for joy just yet to see where he can actually take us and of course the chairman has also to play a major part in that.

We are appointing a new manager well familiar with PL and he will not join Villa if i didnt have a clear idea of the club and the squad. I think we can trust him with his decision of what players he want to keep and what players he will try to skip.

Everyone can have an opinion, but i think it is little naiv to tell Lambo what to do

Thats fair enough but you have to earn the trust of the fans and the only way to do that is to make the correct signings which equates to better team performances.

Secondly having Premiership experience doesn't equate to making the right decisions. You only have to look at our previous manager and thats why there will always be an area of doubt when any new manager comes to a club.

It problem is that it is almost as many opinions as it is VT-users. And I think almost every manager knows better then us. I have opinions, but I only watch the games on TV. I am not in the dressing-room. I am not on the training ground. I don´t speak with fellow managers. So I am to humble to advse the new manager what to do. :?

Having suffered like any other Villa fan particularly over the past two seasons at the ineptitude of our team's performances, it really hasn't been too difficult to identify where the present weaknesses of our team exist and pointing those out in a forum is not actually telling any new manager what to do. It is however stating the obvious!

Firstly, for the record, I still think Dunne and Collins are, even though not currently at their best, top quality central defenders. I would genuinely like to know where the reputation for troublemakers comes from. Is it because of them falling out with Houllier (the same man who so many on here say fawned over Liverpool and didn't motivate his players)? Don't seem to remember them playing badly under MON. In fact Dunne was a pretty much a fans favourite.

The manager has to get the best out of his players. I still think they could have a future at the club.

On another note, I just wonder what Richard knows, or is pretending to know.

Could it just be that Randy intends to sell up? To an even richer man? Or get further investment from elsewhere. Can't see what other news would get him so excited apart from shedloads of money to spend.

I would expect Lambert to bring his own backroom staff with him - managers usually do, don't they?

Whether it's the existing team at Norwich or others he lines uo to work with him, I doubt very much if he would accept many constraints on who he could appoint (and certainly not demands that he takes on a couple of old Villa players whose only qualification is that the fans like them!)

I wouldn't be surprised at all if he brought Holt with him as well. And why not? They obviously work well together.

Where's GarethRDR in our hour of glee?..................... I'm worried about him personally.

Maybe he's been kidnapped by a publisher after someone tipped him off about his infamous "Morning Epic"

exciting times ahead i predict
So do I ;-)

Lads dont worry about me I'm fine

I used to be very optimistic about Villa. The last three years I have not been as the direction changed significantly culminating with the one not to be named

Now I am very optimistic again, still wary of Randy Lerner but have to say if it all pans out as I am led to believe it will then exciting times ahead

Good to see you in an optimistic mode. I imagine it has taken a complete U turn by RL to make that happen.

Announcement methinks is imminent..... If he's spoken to players last night Villa will need to make this official ASAP.

Probably co-ordinating matters with Norwich City FC.

SSN haven't repeated their Paul Lambert on twitter claim.

The only account I could find is @Paul_Lambert which APPEARS to be a possibiliy.

No tweets since August 09 when he joined Norwich if it's him.

i doubt we are getting much to spend this summer, we made a £50m loss last year.

Even with our wages reduced by £10-20m, we're still a loss-making business, and are striving for a path of sustainability.

I would guess £10-12m to spend, plus money from any sales.