Confirmed: Paul Lambert new Villa boss

VillaRoy

Hope that Lambert will bring Petrov in his management team!

I say: Petrov for assistant!

Petrov has one helluva fight ahead of him, but when he gets better he should stay in the club at least in some capacity.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Julie, lets hope he brings his team with him then.

One of the supposed ITKs on twitter has posted this morning he is bringing his team with him.

AVFCMysteryman ‏@AvfcMysteryman

Assistant Manager Ian Culverhouse and Head football operations Gary Karsa will join Paul Lambert @ #AVFC #NCFC

We shall see!

That guy on twitter is a class A bullshitter, he blocked me when I just questioned him about something he said.

Saying that, managers usually bring there own staff so very probable.

I will never forgive Richard Dunne for after his comment near the end of Houllier's reign, we had been losing games and looking like going down when if I remember rightly Dunne came out and said that they had agreed on a truce so that they could concentrate on Villa getting safe, from that day we were a different team and stayed up.

I must have missed that comment by Dunne B6...

I've got a feeling we all missed it because it may never have happened!

can you give us a link to the quote B6?

The only talk of "truce" I remember last season was first when Houllier announced he and Carew had agreed a truce after their very public spat over Carew's future prospects for Villa, and secondly when it was reporetd widely that Houllier and Warnock had failed to agree a truce after their falling out and Warnock would be leaving Villa.

It makes me shudder to think back to those times. Houllier launched these very public disputes with various senior players with no apparent plan about how he would deal with the inevitable loss of motivation and form this would cause.

What a fool that man was.

Julie, lets hope he brings his team with him then.

One of the supposed ITKs on twitter has posted this morning he is bringing his team with him.

AVFCMysteryman ‏@AvfcMysteryman

Assistant Manager Ian Culverhouse and Head football operations Gary Karsa will join Paul Lambert @ #AVFC #NCFC

We shall see!

This guy (‏@AvfcMysteryman) is a bluenose! He was telling people to put money on Moyes last year and saying there was no chance we were going to get McLeish. When McLeish was unveiled he changed his pic to BCFC and was laughing at all his AVFC followers!

I will never forgive Richard Dunne for after his comment near the end of Houllier's reign, we had been losing games and looking like going down when if I remember rightly Dunne came out and said that they had agreed on a truce so that they could concentrate on Villa getting safe, from that day we were a different team and stayed up.

I must have missed that comment by Dunne B6...

I've got a feeling we all missed it because it may never have happened!

can you give us a link to the quote B6?

The only talk of "truce" I remember last season was first when Houllier announced he and Carew had agreed a truce after their very public spat over Carew's future prospects for Villa, and secondly when it was reporetd widely that Houllier and Warnock had failed to agree a truce after their falling out and Warnock would be leaving Villa.

It makes me shudder to think back to those times. Houllier launched these very public disputes with various senior players with no apparent plan about how he would deal with the inevitable loss of motivation and form this would cause.

What a fool that man was.

I don't think he was as much of a fool as you make him out to be. I think it's pretty clear know he was right with regards to the troublemakers.

I'm not going to jump for joy at the probable Lambert appointment until i see what he intends to do with the current squad first.
I'll tell you now. He intends to change it and make it better

I would hope Richard that any new manager coming in after the last debacle would want to change it, or else, relegation would rear it's ugly head again.

But it is the depth of change i'm getting at!

Will he for instance want to keep the back four as it is, or, ship Dunne, Collins, Hutton and Warnock out? I don't want to hear that he needs the majority of pre season to determine the squad strength. He should already know what our weaknesses are?

Will he be able to identify the other problematic areas in our team that we have all been talking about on here for some considerable time and actually do something about it?

Will he bring in players who are technically comfortable on the ball and that includes defensive players to stop us hoofing it?

Will he put a better scouting structure in place at our club something which has been needed for many years?

Basically, to revolutionize our club because thats what it's going to take to get us back where we belong?

Obviously, those are questions that you cannot be privy to all answers, so thats why i will not jump for joy just yet to see where he can actually take us and of course the chairman has also to play a major part in that.

We are appointing a new manager well familiar with PL and he will not join Villa if i didnt have a clear idea of the club and the squad. I think we can trust him with his decision of what players he want to keep and what players he will try to skip.

Everyone can have an opinion, but i think it is little naiv to tell Lambo what to do

Thats fair enough but you have to earn the trust of the fans and the only way to do that is to make the correct signings which equates to better team performances.

Secondly having Premiership experience doesn't equate to making the right decisions. You only have to look at our previous manager and thats why there will always be an area of doubt when any new manager comes to a club.

Finally, having suffered from our team's more recent performances and not being blind, it hasn't been difficult to ascertain where our weaknesses are and pointing those out in a forum is not actually telling the new manager what to do.

Imagine Petrov and Laursen somewhere in our coaching setup

We can all dream

I think we need to avoid soppy sentimentality when it comes to having "Villa men" in the coaching set up. Laursen has very little coaching experience, Petrov has none. To suggest they should be shoe-in's to our management setup is asking for trouble, IMO.

Similarly, Sid Cowans is a playing legend but I remain unconvinced about his coaching credentials. If the new manager wants to replace him (for footballing reasons), I'm right behind him.

They have to learn somewhere why not at Villa

I'd rather have them in our set-up learning their trade than someone else benefiting from it

But why have people learning on the job when we can have qualified, experience people doing the job and hitting the ground running?

I'm not going to jump for joy at the probable Lambert appointment until i see what he intends to do with the current squad first.
I'll tell you now. He intends to change it and make it better

I would hope Richard that any new manager coming in after the last debacle would want to change it, or else, relegation would rear it's ugly head again.

But it is the depth of change i'm getting at!

Will he for instance want to keep the back four as it is, or, ship Dunne, Collins, Hutton and Warnock out? I don't want to hear that he needs the majority of pre season to determine the squad strength. He should already know what our weaknesses are?

Will he be able to identify the other problematic areas in our team that we have all been talking about on here for some considerable time and actually do something about it?

Will he bring in players who are technically comfortable on the ball and that includes defensive players to stop us hoofing it?

Will he put a better scouting structure in place at our club something which has been needed for many years?

Basically, to revolutionize our club because thats what it's going to take to get us back where we belong?

Obviously, those are questions that you cannot be privy to all answers, so thats why i will not jump for joy just yet to see where he can actually take us and of course the chairman has also to play a major part in that.

We are appointing a new manager well familiar with PL and he will not join Villa if i didnt have a clear idea of the club and the squad. I think we can trust him with his decision of what players he want to keep and what players he will try to skip.

Everyone can have an opinion, but i think it is little naiv to tell Lambo what to do

Thats fair enough but you have to earn the trust of the fans and the only way to do that is to make the correct signings which equates to better team performances.

Secondly having Premiership experience doesn't equate to making the right decisions. You only have to look at our previous manager and thats why there will always be an area of doubt when any new manager comes to a club.

It problem is that it is almost as many opinions as it is VT-users. And I think almost every manager knows better then us. I have opinions, but I only watch the games on TV. I am not in the dressing-room. I am not on the training ground. I don´t speak with fellow managers. So I am to humble to advse the new manager what to do. :?

SSN just said Paul Lambert has JUST took to twitter and tweeted he's leaving Norwich this morning.

Anyone know his account addi?

I'm looking!

They got confused. I think they meant Holt, who tweeted that he (Holt) still wants to leave.

I know about Holts tweets just posted them in other thread... but I've just rewound what they said on SSN

and they defo said Paul Lambert has JUST taken to twitter in the last few moments..to reiterate he's leaving.

Numpties!!

You worry me more than Richard does at the moment and that says something!