Confirmed: Paul Lambert new Villa boss

VillaRoy

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If I was to be realistic I think it'll be £25-£30 million with possibly a bit more on offer if Lambert can convince the board that the player he wants that takes him over budget is worth it. McLeish got £20 million last summer right? So I'd expect Lambert to get that much if not more in a summer of rebuilding.

I'm taking a prediction that Lambert will be getting £40-50 million.. I have looked at how much potentially needs doing and I think that is about the amount he'll need. Some may go with £30-40 million + Player sales, I think Lerner will just pocket the money from sales and just flat out give him £40-50 million with the strict understanding that this kind of money won't happen every summer.

£8m plus 50% of any player sales

not even close

it wont be much. we have very little money and the wage bill is still too high.

Apologies if this has been posted earlier - this was tweeted 5 hours ago - by the guy who first broke the news we were in for lambert.

INCOGNITO AVFC ‏@INCOGNITOAVFC

Negotiations were systematic & conclusive.Compensation agreed. I can't provide figures due to legal purposes. Announcement tomorrow. #avfc

If I was to be realistic I think it'll be £25-£30 million with possibly a bit more on offer if Lambert can convince the board that the player he wants that takes him over budget is worth it. McLeish got £20 million last summer right? So I'd expect Lambert to get that much if not more in a summer of rebuilding.

mcleish got 50% of players sold

£25M + the proceeds of the hutton sale.

So £1m to account for the £24m we'd have to pay a team to take Hutton away?!

Whilst I believe that Lambert is likely to become our manager within the next few days, I highly doubt there will be any significant funds - that's just Villa fans hoping for all their Christmases!

We will continue to wheel and deal with minimal outlay, a theory slightly supported by Lambert himself; he's the kind of manager a team wanting to spend wisely would sign as he's never had an open cheque book. Otherwise you'd go for the Capello/AVB route.

That doesnt make any sense. If you've identified what you consider the best man for the job why would you reconsider that for another guy just because your main target hasnt spent much before?

Its simple to me. Lambert has done well with limited funds and so deserves a chance to show what he can achieve with more. You dont go considering other guys just because they've spent a lot of money before. There isnt much skill to spending money. Its not an art.

What with the current economic climate I`d be suprised at anything over 20 mil.

Lerner has never had an issue with transfer fee's he could give us £100 million if he thought it was necessary, he won't of course because it isn't. It's the wages that were always the issue and that is now under control and will get easier and easier to manage as the likes of Gabby, Warnock and Collins are shipped out.

Interesting times ahead indeed. I kinda just want the summer to be over and the season to start.

Might actually get some work done then!

Would love to know how much RL is going to give Paul.

My only worry is - if Lambert's getting backed heavily then does that mean Bent's being sold?

Well he has said he is staying - but it wouldn't surprise me.

I think one of Bent\Gabby\Zog will go to boost the managers kitty. PL strikes me as the type of bloke who would be brave enough to sell Bent. I really hope not - but that villa squad is very sparce at the moment.

My only worry is - if Lambert's getting backed heavily then does that mean Bent's being sold?

I think one of Bent\Gabby\Zog will go to boost the managers kitty. PL strikes me as the type of bloke who would be brave enough to sell Bent. I really hope not - but that villa squad is very sparce at the moment.

I think he could but I don't think he would. There'd be no point. Bent is the kind of player you want to build your team around and I think Lambert knows that.

I think the board would be absolutely stupid to sell Bent. Can't see it. Well, can't see anyone even buying him to be honest.

Gabby on the other hand I can see being sold. The wages he's on for the ability he has is crazy.

I think he could but I don't think he would. There'd be no point. Bent is the kind of player you want to build your team around and I think Lambert knows that.

I did have my only ITK - that Bent was gutted when Downing was sold.