Confirmed: Paul Lambert new Villa boss

VillaRoy

No happy pills but you have to realise where we WERE heading was a huge downer. Now it seems Lerner is putting things in place to make sure that never happens again. Hope he is true to what I have been told is about to happen

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I also have to agree Richard is weirding me out a tad... I even had a weird dream last night about a load of giant bats with huge pointy ears being sat around a big field with the two guys off Richards avatar laughing merrily in the middle of them eating grapes?! :shock:

is it actually done yet ?

I can't join the love until hes officially signed !

peace and love man. Feel the love, join the love, experience the love!

I'm diggin' it man...

When Paul is round at Randy’s house

And Jupiter aligns with Mars

Then peace will guide the Villa

And love will steer our stars

This is the dawning of the age of Aquarius

Age of Aquarius

Aquarius!

Aquarius!

Harmony and understanding

Sympathy and trust abounding

No more falsehoods or derision

Golden trophies are our vision

Lambert’s timely resignation

Is Villa's true liberation

Aquarius!

Aquarius!

Let the sunshine, let the sunshine in, the sunshine in

Oh, let it shine, c'mon

Now everybody just sing along

Let the sun shine in...

No happy pills but you have to realise where we WERE heading was a huge downer. Now it seems Lerner is putting things in place to make sure that never happens again. Hope he is true to what I have been told is about to happen

Where are you getting your current info from? and can you be more specific about exactly what it is that's making you so optimistic?

I'm not going to jump for joy at the probable Lambert appointment until i see what he intends to do with the current squad first.
I'll tell you now. He intends to change it and make it better

I would hope Richard that any new manager coming in after the last debacle would want to change it, or else, relegation would rear it's ugly head again.

But it is the depth of change i'm getting at!

Will he for instance want to keep the back four as it is, or, ship Dunne, Collins, Hutton and Warnock out? I don't want to hear that he needs the majority of pre season to determine the squad strength. He should already know what our weaknesses are?

Will he be able to identify the other problematic areas in our team that we have all been talking about on here for some considerable time and actually do something about it?

Will he bring in players who are technically comfortable on the ball and that includes defensive players to stop us hoofing it?

Will he put a better scouting structure in place at our club something which has been needed for many years?

Basically, to revolutionize our club because thats what it's going to take to get us back where we belong?

Obviously, those are questions that you cannot be privy to all answers, so thats why i will not jump for joy just yet to see where he can actually take us and of course the chairman has also to play a major part in that.

Interesting. What sort of "things" is he putting in place? Are we talking board room level, or squad level? Can you elaborate a little bit?

I also have to agree Richard is weirding me out a tad... I even had a weird dream last night about a load of giant bats with huge pointy ears being sat around a big field with the two guys off Richards avatar laughing merrily in the middle of them eating grapes?! :shock:

:shock: :lol:

exciting times ahead i predict
So do I ;-)

Lads dont worry about me I'm fine

I used to be very optimistic about Villa. The last three years I have not been as the direction changed significantly culminating with the one not to be named

Now I am very optimistic again, still wary of Randy Lerner but have to say if it all pans out as I am led to believe it will then exciting times ahead

I think last season was a wake up call for Randy, i imagine he got alot of pleasure out the season with O'Neill and thinks it's worth putting more money in again if we can have some good times again but on a more stable footing.

Julie, lets hope he brings his team with him then.

One of the supposed ITKs on twitter has posted this morning he is bringing his team with him.

AVFCMysteryman ‏@AvfcMysteryman

Assistant Manager Ian Culverhouse and Head football operations Gary Karsa will join Paul Lambert @ #AVFC #NCFC

We shall see!

What a refreshing change, considering all the abuse RL & PF received based on nothing, I hope they get some credit if it all comes off ok...

What are you referring to here? Abuse for nothing? They rightly got abuse for appointing AM. That will not be forgotten any time soon. Appointing Lambert will go some way to making things right, yet I still don't trust either of them after that mess. They have a lot of making up to do...

They were criticised, and rightly so, for hiring a manager with a track record of relegation, and then they had the audacity to, pretty much, tell us we didn't not what we were talking about.

Then 10 months later they sack the man, due to his terrible style of football and poor results, which we warned them about at the time of the appointment.

I really don't understand the 'based on nothing' part, when they had walk up to Big Eck with their tales between their legs and sack him for the exact reasons we didn't want him at our club in the first place.

I bet you had a righr self-righteous hard on whilst writing that.

Not forgetting that decision cost the club over £10 million, what with compo to Blues, wages to Eck and his team, and the pay off, as well as lost revenue in smaller crowds. Last season was just a non event.

They deserve creedit if we get Lambert, but I'll never understand the ridiculous decision of 12 months ago..

I think the direction the club has taken in the last two plus years culminating in the appointment of the worst manager in our history, worst set of results in our history and poorest squad of players I have seen in forty plus years suggests that it was not based on nothing

They deserved the abuse! How ANYONE could think that hiring McLeish was going to be a great move for Villa is totally baffling. Lambert IS a good move BUT it really wouldn't surprise me if Lerner hadn't even heard of him till this season. It also wouldn't surprise me if Lambert wasn't even on the radar until the last day of the season when the Villa fans were singing Lambert's name! Lerner knows he **** up and he knows we aren't happy. I'm not saying that he has bowed to fan pressure to try and get us back onside but he definitely would have been informed that Lambert would be a popular choice with the fans. After all, he can't afford to have poor season ticket sales and see match day attendances continuing to fall.

Just comical.

One potentially good decision doesn't make up for two years of bad ones or mean the last two years didn't happen.

What about the abuse from McCleish's sacking to now? Thats what i meant.

Before they have had chance to try and improve on the few years of shite decisions they are getting grief, for basically nothing.

It will take a while to win the good will back from a few years of poor decisions.

But when its clear they are trying to, no need to carry it on imo; no point.

What a refreshing change, considering all the abuse RL & PF received based on nothing, I hope they get some credit if it all comes off ok...

Just comical.

One potentially good decision doesn't make up for two years of bad ones or mean the last two years didn't happen.

I get the impression VillaForever was referring only to the last couple of weeks. Yes they royally ballsed up the last 2 appointments and highly deserved the flack they received. That's made everyone nervous and edgy this time around, but some of the drivel being thrown around at both RL & PF, especially in the last week, has been over the top.

That about right, VF1970?

Thats exactly right, as i've explained above. :)

ha ha!

With his avatar especially , when I think of Richard's posts on VT they always remind me of those two moaning old gits off the Muppets.... who just sat in the corner of the theatre, wallowing in their misery!

He must have found a money tree then?

As the only way Villa fans will be happy with Randy Lerner is if he is consistently pumping money in for players, regardless of how it does or doesn't cripple the club.

Or perhaps you mean the few years of penny pinching as in fact been worth it in the long run?

I'm not going to jump for joy at the probable Lambert appointment until i see what he intends to do with the current squad first.

I know youre probably guessing but over what timescale ?

I would hope Richard that any new manager coming in after the last debacle would want to change it, or else, relegation would rear it's ugly head again.

But it is the depth of change i'm getting at!

Will he for instance want to keep the back four as it is, or, ship Dunne, Collins, Hutton and Warnock out? I don't want to hear that he needs the majority of pre season to determine the squad strength. He should already know what our weaknesses are?

Will he be able to identify the other problematic areas in our team that we have all been talking about on here for some considerable time and actually do something about it?

Will he bring in players who are technically comfortable on the ball and that includes defensive players to stop us hoofing it?

Will he put a better scouting structure in place at our club something which has been needed for many years?

Basically, to revolutionize our club because thats what it's going to take to get us back where we belong?

Obviously, those are questions that you cannot be privy to all answers, so thats why i will not jump for joy just yet to see where he can actually take us and of course the chairman has also to play a major part in that.

We are appointing a new manager well familiar with PL and he will not join Villa if i didnt have a clear idea of the club and the squad. I think we can trust him with his decision of what players he want to keep and what players he will try to skip.

Everyone can have an opinion, but i think it is little naiv to tell Lambo what to do

I will never forgive Richard Dunne for after his comment near the end of Houllier's reign, we had been losing games and looking like going down when if I remember rightly Dunne came out and said that they had agreed on a truce so that they could concentrate on Villa getting safe, from that day we were a different team and stayed up.

I must have missed that comment by Dunne B6... & if it's true then that's disgusting....where else would employees be allowed to rule the roost?

How dare they "call a truce".......... WHO's at war?

Gary Mac said after GH's heart attack - it finally galvanised the squad into action and he felt the coaching staff were finally getting somewhere.

In the meantime how much was their take home pay each week?!!!

Overpaid drunken holidaymakers can slink off to Butlins holiday camp elsewhere thank you very much!

For the record apparently McLeish was replacing "THEM ALL" this summer... I just hope like B6 said Lambert does the same!!

We started to play better a few weeks before the heart problems. It was the beginning of April I think. There was definitely talk of a "truce", which is pretty pathetic if you ask me and just goes to show that the troublemakers need to be shipped out straight away.

Is Randy selling up?

Julie, lets hope he brings his team with him then.

One of the supposed ITKs on twitter has posted this morning he is bringing his team with him.

AVFCMysteryman ‏@AvfcMysteryman

Assistant Manager Ian Culverhouse and Head football operations Gary Karsa will join Paul Lambert @ #AVFC #NCFC

We shall see!

That guy knows nothing. It's not the real MM.