Confirmed: Paul Lambert new Villa boss

VillaRoy

£25M + the proceeds of the hutton sale.

£24m then?

:lol:

Anyway, I really hope we'll seal this. An appointment today would make me feel calm and satisfied. Lambert was my first choice too, so I can't be anything but happy. And it seems like it's a done deal.

And I'm quite sure that he can decide which players he has to sell and vice versa himself. But I'd rather keep Collins than Dunne.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I will never forgive Richard Dunne for after his comment near the end of Houllier's reign, we had been losing games and looking like going down when if I remember rightly Dunne came out and said that they had agreed on a truce so that they could concentrate on Villa getting safe, from that day we were a different team and stayed up.

I must have missed that comment by Dunne B6... & if it's true then that's disgusting....where else would employees be allowed to rule the roost?

How dare they "call a truce".......... WHO's at war?

Gary Mac said after GH's heart attack - it finally galvanised the squad into action and he felt the coaching staff were finally getting somewhere.

In the meantime how much was their take home pay each week?!!!

Overpaid drunken holidaymakers can slink off to Butlins holiday camp elsewhere thank you very much!

For the record apparently McLeish was replacing "THEM ALL" this summer... I just hope like B6 said Lambert does the same!!

Someone mentioned on here last night that McLeish may have been a necessary evil, that they were never going to back him financially, they just needed someone to come in and cut costs but have enough grit about them to keep us up. I won't suggest that it worked out great but maybe just maybe with the ugly first step achieved we can look ahead to a brighter second step.

I might have agreed with you. But if we were after someone to just keep us up, then why did we pay so much to small heath for him and put him on ridiculous wages when Curbishley was available for free. I'm sorry, but I actually believe Randy thought he would do well here.

I'm not going to jump for joy at the probable Lambert appointment until i see what he intends to do with the current squad first.
I'll tell you now. He intends to change it and make it better

The more dignified Norwich fans have been saying that as well as Lambert's coach Ian Culverhouse being absolutely top drop draw his

right hand mand Gary Kasa is just fab and takes the edge off PL.. he's apparently hilarious - fantastic with the players, lights up any room

and always establishes a great rapport with the fans.

is it actually done yet ?

I can't join the love until hes officially signed !

peace and love man. Feel the love, join the love, experience the love!

Richard you are scarying the crap out of me mate, you ok? I have never seen you like this so wondering what the hell you know!

You cant stand Lerner so no matter what manager comes in that would still not take away the lack of faith you have in the owner as you could have the best manager in the world but without the support or backing he is nothing. Its either a bloody big transfer kitty, Lerner is off or you are Jeremy Hunt. :lol:

The Proud History Bright Future mantra will be back on track with Lambert's appointment

What a difference it makes i cannot wait for next season now yet a month ago when eck was in charge i was dreading it

New man new idea's UTV

is it actually done yet ?

I can't join the love until hes officially signed !

peace and love man. Feel the love, join the love, experience the love!

hmmm, at the first hints of optimism i though Richard was sick. then it carried on, optimism, positive posts. contentedness, even happiness at something.

after the above post i think it is now clear that Richard has started taking industrial quantities of acid.

exciting times ahead i predict
So do I ;-)

Lads dont worry about me I'm fine

I used to be very optimistic about Villa. The last three years I have not been as the direction changed significantly culminating with the one not to be named

Now I am very optimistic again, still wary of Randy Lerner but have to say if it all pans out as I am led to believe it will then exciting times ahead

exciting times ahead i predict
So do I ;-)

Lads dont worry about me I'm fine

I used to be very optimistic about Villa. The last three years I have not been as the direction changed significantly culminating with the one not to be named

Now I am very optimistic again, still wary of Randy Lerner but have to say if it all pans out as I am led to believe it will then exciting times ahead

He's on the happy pills!