Confirmed: Paul Lambert new Villa boss

VillaRoy

On Holt, I would seriously leave him where he is, we would have to pay 6Million upwards to bring him and it would be Harewood all over again.

He scored 15 in the prem last season. 21 in the championship the year before.

People see a big striker and start throwing silly comparisons around.

Marcus Stewart might I add! Once scored 25 goals in in PL first season then disappeared in 2nd season.

lol grant holt is a good striker. We currently only have one of those. Shouldn`t turn our noses up at the likes of him at all.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Some Bitter Norwich fans on Talksport Claiming PL to us is a backward step ! Deluded.... Absolutely Deluded.
Our lowest attendance last season still exceeded their stadium's capacity.

Fair play to wiz and our other Norwich-supporting friends for keeping on posting here. I like Norwich, hopefully they will get over this blow quickly to continue doing well.

On Holt, I would seriously leave him where he is, we would have to pay 6Million upwards to bring him and it would be Harewood all over again.

Marcus Stewart might I add! Once scored 25 goals in in PL first season then disappeared in 2nd season.

lol grant holt is a good striker. We currently only have one of those. Shouldn`t turn our noses up at the likes of him at all.

For how long, he's 31! If he signs i'll get behind him, but i'd rather he stays there!

Or Michael Ricketts, scored 21 in PL and 24 altogether in 2000/2001 season and 12 + 3 the next, and vanished after those.

For how long, he's 31! If he signs i'll get behind him, but i'd rather he stays there!

Oohh, i didn`t know he was 31, thought he was about 27-28. I see where the doubts are coming from now.

30+ with only 1 (very good) top flight season, probably quite expensive and with no resale value, i'd skip on Grant Holt.

If we're hell bent on signing brittish again i'd rather we gambled on Jordan Rhodes, not that he's anywhere near the top of my list of transfer targets...

So what you think Wiz?

Still gutted and angry mate, it will go but that will take time.

As for his replacement, I've no idea....as long as its not Malky, Bruce or Haugton.

We've all been there Wiz.

Don't forget us Villa fans have had to sit back & watch the likes of Dwight Yorke, James Milner, Gareth Barry move onwards and upwards - just when it looked like we could push on and make a step towards the top.

Phew, was starting to think I was alone in not wanting Holt! If we're going to be spending ony on players there's only on word that springs to mind - defenders.

So what you think Wiz?

Still gutted and angry mate, it will go but that will take time.

As for his replacement, I've no idea....as long as its not Malky, Bruce or Haugton.

I'm not trying to sound patronising here Wiz but welcome to the premier league mate. We've had it for a few seasons now, Barry, Milner, Downing, Young..some expect Bent to be the next.

It's the nature of the beast mate.

All the best for next season.

I'll leave it to the manager to decide what we need and I won't moan at every link that isn't in my wishlist. It would be refreshing if others followed that approach at least for a while.

The man they call Brian he talk sense.

Unfortunately methinks the sense the one they call Brian speaketh will be falling on deaf ears!

I cannot beleive you lot are already arguing over the signings a manager who AVFC haven't even appointed as yet...might be making!!

Priceless!!!

:bonk:

I'll leave it to the manager to decide what we need and I won't moan at every link that isn't in my wishlist. It would be refreshing if others followed that approach at least for a while.

The man they call Brian he talk sense.

Unfortunately methinks the sense the one they call Brian speaketh will be falling on deaf ears!

I cannot beleive you lot are already arguing over the signings a manager who AVFC haven't even appointed as yet...might be making!!

Priceless!!!

:bonk:

Too true, its fun to speculate though.

Lambert may well turn round and say thanks Randy but I'm not coming to work here!

Martinez and OGS spoke to us whilst still in their jobs. They would only dip a toe in the water knowing they had a job to go back to.

PL is prepared to burn bridges, such is his ambition.

I'd be delighted if he arrived here.

Lambert's league win percentage at Norwich was 31.5% last season. Not bad really when you consider they were newly promoted and had a Championship-standard squad. Massive improvement on McTwat's pathetic 18% league win percentage anyway.

Holt would be alright on the cheap.

Tbh, I'm not fussed if we do or we don't. I'm just delighted that it looks like Paul Lambert is coming to Villa. :hooray:

Thats the thing I think most people would want him for £3million however Norwich will be demanding at least double that and when you factor in the sour taste we will have left in their mouths we could be talking £8million and upwards.

INCOGNITO AVFC ‏@INCOGNITOAVFC

Negotiations were systematic & conclusive.Compensation agreed. I can't provide figures due to legal purposes. Announcement tomorrow. #avfc

Sounds like we're done and dusted if this kid is right