Confirmed: Paul Lambert new Villa boss

VillaRoy

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On Holt, I would seriously leave him where he is, we would have to pay 6Million upwards to bring him and it would be Harewood all over again.

Yup, at 31, if he cost more than 3m I just wouldn't bother.

We need to build a younger team.

Because 1. he'd be the new Heskey and 2. It shows a complete lack of imagination and forward-thinking on the part of the new manager

Holt 24 starts, 12 off bench, 15 goals

Heskey 18 starts, 10 off bench, 1 goal

Another comparison: Gabby 32 starts, 1 off bench, 5 goals

I know who I would rather have in the team...

I'll leave it to the manager to decide what we need and I won't moan at every link that isn't in my wishlist. It would be refreshing if others followed that approach at least for a while.

I just hope he doesn't bring Holt...

Why do people keep saying this? 17 goals last season was it? How many goals did our highest scorer have?

Because 1. he'd be the new Heskey and 2. It shows a complete lack of imagination and forward-thinking on the part of the new manager

You are talking rubbish. How many goals did Heskey have last season? 1. 16 less than the apparent "new Heskey" you speak about. Please forgive me for saying i wouldn't mind someone that actually scores goals.

I hate to be a cynic and I'm not normally, but Holt scoring 17 PL goals reminds me a lot of Marlon Harewood scoring 16 PL goals a bit before we bought him.

I'll leave it to the manager to decide what we need and I won't moan at every link that isn't in my wishlist. It would be refreshing if others followed that approach at least for a while.

However, I'm more on this school of thought than my last comment.

Don't i just think it may be a case deja vu, i just think we remember MON and we'll compare the similarities of signings.

On Holt, I would seriously leave him where he is, we would have to pay 6Million upwards to bring him and it would be Harewood all over again.

He scored 15 in the prem last season. 21 in the championship the year before.

People see a big striker and start throwing silly comparisons around.

the last norwich fan was completed deluded and was very bitter indeed!

obviously any neutral we will see we are a bigger club than them. they finished above us for the first time in what 20-30 years?

I think after all this, the last thing Villa or Lambert will be doing is going back and negotiating with one of their players. Other than having the hump and adding a stupid amount onto Holt's fee, we really don't have the luxury of paying what they'll be asking for him. We already have a 20 goal a season striker, money is better off spent getting players around him to help him do it.

I just hope he doesn't bring Holt...

Why do people keep saying this? 17 goals last season was it? How many goals did our highest scorer have?

Yeah you can't really compare the 2 tbh, its was an anomaly of a season..I think with Lambert in charge, Bent will score about 20-25 goals next season.

He scored 15 in the prem last season. 21 in the championship the year before.

People see a big striker and start throwing silly comparisons around.

Marcus Stewart might I add! Once scored 25 goals in in PL first season then disappeared in 2nd season.

The man they call Brian he talk sense.