Confirmed: Paul Lambert new Villa boss

VillaRoy

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just hope he doesn't bring Holt...
Yes. That is the one true thing I'm worried about, but didn't Holt have a bust-up with Lambert, hence the transfer request?

I thought he submitted a transfer request as he thought Lambert would be leaving...

and to the person who asked why.. because he is 31 and I'd rather a younger player come in.

Why do people keep saying this? 17 goals last season was it? How many goals did our highest scorer have?

He's 31 and with the season he's just had would probably cost quite a lot. No doubt he's a big asset for Norwich but he's not what we need. Also, I think if Lambert had been managing Villa last season and McLeish managing Norwich Holt wouldn't have scored anywhere near 17 goals and Bent would've easily surpassed 20.

Why do people keep saying this? 17 goals last season was it? How many goals did our highest scorer have?

Because 1. he'd be the new Heskey and 2. It shows a complete lack of imagination and forward-thinking on the part of the new manager

You are talking rubbish. How many goals did Heskey have last season? 1. 16 less than the apparent "new Heskey" you speak about. Please forgive me for saying i wouldn't mind someone that actually scores goals.

Because 1. he'd be the new Heskey and 2. It shows a complete lack of imagination and forward-thinking on the part of the new manager

Nothing wrong with bringing players with you that you know all about. Plus his record last year speaks for itself and he offers a plan B...something to lump it up too. Plan A will be beautiful football this year :winkold:

Holt could be the modern Peter Withe!

Without being too simplistic, 1. No he wouldn't and 2. are you being ironic?? If not then, with respect, that's the stupidest thing I've read all day.

If (IF!) Lerner pulls this one off, then that would bring his 'kudos level' back to neutral for me.

A few weeks ago I wanted him gone, along with Mcleish. But, if he signs Lamber then I'll wipe the slate clean with Randy, which i'm sure he'll be relieved about.

It is a meaningless appointment if there is no financial backing for Lambert to work with.

Yes and No.

We can't reasonably expect a business man to bankroll our football club, ploughing in millions of his own money every year, though it would be nice ofcourse.

What we can expect is for him to make good footballing and business decisions. This would be an indication that he is atleast capable of the doing the former.

If (IF!) Lerner pulls this one off, then that would bring his 'kudos level' back to neutral for me.

A few weeks ago I wanted him gone, along with Mcleish. But, if he signs Lamber then I'll wipe the slate clean with Randy, which i'm sure he'll be relieved about.

It is a meaningless appointment if there is no financial backing for Lambert to work with.

Can't believe he won't be backed financially... don't think he'd be interested if there wasn't cash to spend and build his own team with.

He needs a lot of players... Left back, right back, defensive midfielder, few wingers, a striker, back up keeper, another midfielder for the middle.

Agree but like someone else mentioned in the rebuild thread if he at least gets shot of one of colins or dunne and one of hutton or warnock then thats a good start for this coming season... he's gonna need time and I'm happy to give him time, think this could be a good appointment and from apart from being swayed by the OGS hype he was my choice immediately after AM got the chop.