Confirmed: Paul Lambert new Villa boss

VillaRoy

I hope he doesn't go the way of the lass who genuinely WAS ITK on twitter - because she got so much stick on there she just ceased to use the account!

If its the same one I am thinking about she kept on about talks ongoing to sign Moyes even when McLeish had resigned from Blues and it was becoming obvious where he was going.....

Maybe she was right?

Just like OGS thingy only on that occasion you are speaking about..... a certain club not a manager might have pulled the plug and the club made a commercially disastrous appointment as a Plan B.

THIS time it sounds like we had a fair few Plan A/B's on the back burner should things go wrong.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why did Lambert offer his resignation? Was it because he got p1ssed off with Norwich? Cant see him going back to them if that’s the case.

Yeah also, I think he wasn't happy with the transfer budget for next season...

Yeah the only thing i can draw from him offering his resignation is that he wont be back at Nowich whatever way the villa talks go.

Why did Lambert offer his resignation? Was it because he got p1ssed off with Norwich? Cant see him going back to them if that’s the case.

I could be wrong, but I assumed it was because we asked to speak to him and Norwich flat-out refused without even asking him if he'd be interested. This and perhaps the story floating about that he's not getting as much money for transfers as he was promised or felt he deserved.

Either way, it looks like threatening to resign was the only way he could get the ball rolling.

I could be way off though of course.

No.1 choice. Of course he is. Definitely he is. He must be. He certainly is.

They're hardly likely to say otherwise??????

He appears to have been a serious contender but I think there were other Plan A options as well.

The ginger one has spoken outside BMH..

Pete Colley.

Villa WILL get there man...and he is Villa's NO 1 choice

Can see why he doesn't work in print journalism

The ginger one has spoken outside BMH..

Pete Colley.

Villa WILL get there man...and he is Villa's NO 1 choice

I couldn't less if he was 3rd/ 4th/ 5th. I thought he was absolutely the right man from day one. Not convinced with Martinez/Rogers or Di Matteo.

Just looking at that avfc twitter feed. Lot of deluded norwich fans about. They seem to think one season in the prem puts them on a par with us as a club.

I'm sure they will still be thinking the same thing when they go down next season

I could be wrong, but I assumed it was because we asked to speak to him and Norwich flat-out refused without even asking him if he'd be interested. This and perhaps the story floating about that he's not getting as much money for transfers as he was promised or felt he deserved.

Either way, it looks like threatening to resign was the only way he could get the ball rolling.

I'm not sure how it works but can he not tell them he wants to talk to villa instead of them asking him does he want to talk to villa. At the end of the day Villa were going to have to pay Norwich compensation anyway. Does Nowich saying no make any difference?

So happy that my info yesterday was spot on.

Have to say well done Randy, given you grief for 3 years but you have now done two things of the three I wanted this summer, now go and do number three

1. Remove Mcleish quickly

2. Appoint the right man

3. Back him to make the changes

I will repeat what I said yesterday just about lunch time

Welcome Paul but just add, please make us better!

I'm not sure how it works but can he not tell them he wants to talk to villa instead of them asking him does he want to talk to villa. At the end of the day Villa were going to have to pay Norwich compensation anyway. Does Nowich saying no make any difference?

Pat murphy said on the radio earlier that he has a clause in his contract which allows him to speak to another prem club. Norwich refused to honor that clause so he resigned instead.

Pat murphy said on the radio earlier that he has a clause in his contract which allows him to speak to another prem club. Norwich refused to honor that clause so he resigned instead.

Ah the resignation makes sense to me now

Thus creating breach of contract. That'll keep the lawyers busy and might well allow Villa to get him without having to pay a thing.