Confirmed: Paul Lambert new Villa boss

VillaRoy

I think it's perfectly plausible that he was first choice before the process began, OGS gave a good impression and that combined with fan reaction made him a serious contender .

much as I like and loathe this whole saga it's been more compelling than anything we've seen on the pitch for a while.

Happy as a dog with two dongs about PL, the only question mark for me is his form for moving on and up. but this is a sugar coated turd because it shows ambition and for him to move on would mean success for villa.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nr 3 choice I reckon

So you think OGS was first choice I assume, who do you think was number 2?

It's no surprise you're being negative though considering assuming things go to plan we're going to have another scot on board. I don't know why you have a problem with scottish people being associated with the club. Where do you think William McGregor came from? Everytime you wear the Aston Villa badge, you realise just where that rampant lion came from right?

My only real question about Paul Lamber is whether or not he will actually look abroad for players as well as at home.

I don`t think norwich could afford or attract a 7-8 million pound foreign player to carrow road.

He had to work in a certain way to get a decent squad together at norwich. Ie taking players from around the lower leagues.

@INCOGNITOAVFC

Communication coming from Villa is that they will hold off on announcement until tomorrow so that they can take full advantage of the season ticket price increase

EFA

My only real question about Paul Lamber is whether or not he will actually look abroad for players as well as at home.

I don`t think norwich could afford or attract a 7-8 million pound foreign player to carrow road.

He had to work in a certain way to get a decent squad together at norwich. Ie taking players from around the lower leagues.

Yep, I accept that. We'll have to wait and see. Wonder if he can pick up some gems from Germany?

Yep, I accept that. We'll have to wait and see. Wonder if he can pick up some gems from Germany?

I was thinking that myself, he has a good background with german football. I would think he follows it quite closely nowdays.

Yeah sums it up pretty well.

I think it was posted recently that he took his coaching badges in Germany and that he has contacts there. Aside from that, he's played in Europe and won the Champion's League. I think he's a little more well-rounded than MON.

I understand your concern, I have it too, but I think that his resources at Norwich may have limited his scouting network somewhat. I would like to think that with more backing financially at Villa then he might be able to search further afield.

Either way, at least it's a massive improvement from McLeish so let's try and be positive and go with the flow. Assuming it all goes through of course.

He hasn't signed yet !

But I am sure he will - most managers do - its only the odd exception that limits themselves to the english market.

Be chuffed to bits if this comes off - he really is what we need - a no nonsense , extremley ambitious, arse kicker.......

Still dreading the 'Lambert Deal hits snag' headline though

Let's face it, Doris the tea lady would have been a massive improvement from McLeish.

And she is still the third option.

To be fair, she's a great man-motivator and a tactical genius. A bit old though at 84.

I'm absolutely thrilled that this appears to be happening.

My number 1 choice for the past year! Even when we looked like we were going to get OGS, which I was happy with, Lambert was still my first choice.

Brilliant appointment by Lerner if it happens. He deserves credit for removing McLeish quickly (even if it was his stupid decision to appoint him in the first place) and get a quality replacement.

If he confirms my suspicions and makes transfer funds available then it'll end up being a very good summer :D

I will be very very happy with Lambert.

This guy has the potential (if backed!!!) to get us back in that top 6 and get us a cheeky carling cup/FA win....

he has the ability to change his tactics/team depending on the opposition, his teams score goals and he will be listened to in the dressing room....

the best thing about Lambert for me is that even if Randy gives him **** all to spend, he will still get us climbing that table with the average dross we already have...

Win Win

now God lets hope he comes

I'm absolutely thrilled that this appears to be happening.

My number 1 choice for the past year! Even when we looked like we were going to get OGS, which I was happy with, Lambert was still my first choice.

Brilliant appointment by Lerner if it happens. He deserves credit for removing McLeish quickly (even if it was his stupid decision to appoint him in the first place) and get a quality replacement.

If he confirms my suspicions and makes transfer funds available then it'll end up being a very good summer :D

I don't think there is any way PL would accept if he didn't.

Lambert strikes me as ruthless and career driven, therefore he will make sure he is walking into a favourable scenario.