Confirmed: Paul Lambert new Villa boss

VillaRoy

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just cos he's scottish doesn't mean shit, get over it.

William McGregor was Scottish and we have a statue of him proudly situated in front of our stadium.

And ahem, Alex Ferguson?

Seriously, if we should all know something about modern globalised life it's that the birthplace of a person has no bearing on their ability to perform a job.

I can imagine if we didn't go for Lambert, in 4 years he is flying high with Spurs, we're in the conference with Mick..

"Shit, we missed out there didn't we.."

Sometimes, you need to take a chance and Lambert has a lot of qualities about him. He is a WINNER!

think this is a great appointment to be honest and a manger who can change our fortunes and build for a better future.

Two players who should be chuffed will be N'Zogbia and Albrighton - they'll at least have a manager who wants wingers to be wingers!!!

I think his style of play will suit a lot of our current crop with the way he gets his team to pass, move and attack. Ireland should flourish once again!

Bent will get service from out wide and through the middle and hopefully PL will also shore up our defence!

Don't see many negatives, other than he's only had one season in the Prem but so what, he did a cracking job with Norwich for three straight seasons.

Wonder if PL has spoken to MON about the club and in particular the board?

Lambert is exactly the sort of manager this club needs. My first choice from the start. Has the ability to work on limited funds and get very good results. Going from League 1 to the PL (in a few seasons) and staying there is some achievement.

think this is a great appointment to be honest and a manger who can change our fortunes and build for a better future.

Two players who should be chuffed will be N'Zogbia and Albrighton - they'll at least have a manager who wants wingers to be wingers!!!

I think his style of play will suit a lot of our current crop with the way he gets his team to pass, move and attack. Ireland should flourish once again!

Bent will get service from out wide and through the middle and hopefully PL will also shore up our defence!

Don't see many negatives, other than he's only had one season in the Prem but so what, he did a cracking job with Norwich for three straight seasons.

Wonder if PL has spoken to MON about the club and in particular the board?

Good post.

As for PL, should think he has his own ideas, if he did talk to MON it'd no doubt be about Villa as a club, and MON even respects us as a club. Also MON is now on talking terms with Lerner, think both have learnt lessons, hope so anyway.

You look at his stats at Norwich given that every season he was at the club he was in a harder league than the last he had a 49.30% win percentage. 70W 37L 35D. He's a good manager.

Says an awful lot about how bad things have got at Villa that so many are cumming in their pants at news we are appointing a manager who has one year top flight experience, is hardly likely to attract players other than Grant bloody Holt and importantly for me shows how unambitious and lacking in vision our board are.

We needed revolution, not another bloody dour, miserable, media unfriendly appt.

VERY naive post.

Ridiculous.

At least we have asked Norwich for permission to talk to PL and gone about things above board. A bit different to when Norwich went behind Colchester's back..

"Lambert's move to Norwich sparked controversy back in 2009. Colchester reported the Canaries to the Football League for a breach of regulations and misconduct after the Scot switched clubs.

Norwich were forced to pay £425,000 compensation. A Football League tribunal also fined the Canaries £200,000, of which £125,000 was suspended for two years."

Martinez and OGS spoke to us whilst still in their jobs. They would only dip a toe in the water knowing they had a job to go back to.

PL is prepared to burn bridges, such is his ambition.

I'd be delighted if he arrived here.

The crack is though... Martinez approached Villa this summer about the vacancy and it was Villa that did the........ "we'll let you know, we're speaking to lots of targets"

SSN Whelan (sans any compensation) has apparently been spouting off that Villa aren't a big enough club for Roberto again today........

Ahh diddums... Rodgers for Liverpool...Lambert for Villa and poor wee Roberto gets to stay at home and suck lemons with good old Dave

Gutted for the pair of them......NOT!!

I can't understand the attitude against Martinez. He seems to be a good professional and showed loyalty to the club who gave him the chance to manage a Premiership side and chose to give the club one more season. I can’t see anything wrong with that. I wouldn’t mind him managing Villa at all.

I’m extremely happy with Lambert though!

Whelan on the other hand is a complete word removed!

Look, if he can motivate the complacent, straighten out the inconsistent, guide the young and eager, ship out the drunks and malcontents who are not half as good as they think they are, then Aston Villa, like the phoenix, will rise again.

James Nursey ‏@JamesNursey

#AVFC will hope Lambert takes his coach Culverhouse with him as gather Ian is superb and does most of training and is v good tactically

Hope so James... Coaching and tactics... Yay!