Confirmed: Paul Lambert new Villa boss

VillaRoy

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Martinez and OGS spoke to us whilst still in their jobs. They would only dip a toe in the water knowing they had a job to go back to.

PL is prepared to burn bridges, such is his ambition.

I'd be delighted if he arrived here.

The crack is though... Martinez approached Villa this summer about the vacancy and it was Villa that did the........ "we'll let you know, we're speaking to lots of targets"

SSN Whelan (sans any compensation) has apparently been spouting off that Villa aren't a big enough club for Roberto again today........

Ahh diddums... Rodgers for Liverpool...Lambert for Villa and poor wee Roberto gets to stay at home and suck lemons with good old Dave

Gutted for the pair of them......NOT!!

Says an awful lot about how bad things have got at Villa that so many are cumming in their pants at news we are appointing a manager who has one year top flight experience, is hardly likely to attract players other than Grant bloody Holt and importantly for me shows how unambitious and lacking in vision our board are.

We needed revolution, not another bloody dour, miserable, media unfriendly appt.

INCOGNITO AVFC ‏@INCOGNITOAVFC

Negotiations were systematic & conclusive.Compensation agreed. I can't provide figures due to legal purposes. Announcement tomorrow. #avfc

Sounds like we're done and dusted if this kid is right

Why do you think it's a kid?

Says an awful lot about how bad things have got at Villa that so many are cumming in their pants at news we are appointing a manager who has one year top flight experience, is hardly likely to attract players other than Grant bloody Holt and importantly for me shows how unambitious and lacking in vision our board are.

We needed revolution, not another bloody dour, miserable, media unfriendly appt.

I hear McCleish has PL experience and even won a cup...

Good manager he is,but I am shocked the way he wants out unless that Norwich dont get their acts right he will be going.

I wanted a experience manager in some like Rafa,because Lambert saga will drag on and it will damaged villa name as a club that's my feeling,but i may be wrong.

Sadly that's how i feel too, but people seem really excited so hopefully it'll all work out for us and our new? scottish manager

INCOGNITO AVFC ‏@INCOGNITOAVFC

Negotiations were systematic & conclusive.Compensation agreed. I can't provide figures due to legal purposes. Announcement tomorrow. #avfc

Sounds like we're done and dusted if this kid is right

Why do you think it's a kid?

Cos his account is very new.

It's like the phrase the new kid on the block.

This guy on twitter is new so he is automatically a new kid :P

I doubt he is actually a child though :P

VERY naive post.

I hear McCleish has PL experience and even won a cup...

Bazinga! :D

holt is nothing like heskey, Holt is a skillful finisher and can also act as a target man. He is better than carew lets put it that way and big john was good for us.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I'm not completely sold on Lambert but he does have a lot of positives. His teams play attacking football and do pass it around a bit at times as well. He's worked wonders with Norwich.