Confirmed: Paul Lambert new Villa boss

VillaRoy

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can see Norwich playing real hardball for Lambert. They are on a high after a 12th place finish on their first season back up. They'll want to keep as many of their playing and management staff as possible and may just point blank refuse to let us speak to Lambert. Whereas Whelan seems willing to deal with anybody if the price is right.

8m? Plus half player sales?

So that makes what 10m?

I mean who could we sell? Apart from DB of course for any real money as the rest have already been sold!

Heskey, Cuellar gone for nothing anyhow so what player sales exactly? I struggle to see any more than 6 - 8m for any of our current squad except DB.

So yeah.. Relegation fodder if thats the case.

I guess it doesn't account for Bosmans, which seems to have been the mantra under McLeish.

A good manager could spend nothing and get this current squad top 10. Not advocating spending nothing but a properly organised defence, well-drilled set pieces, players played in the correct position and a fit Darren Bent would get us another 10-12 points over the course of a season.

:lol::crylaugh:

I really don't think our squad is as good as some make out.

A good manager could spend nothing and get this current squad top 10. Not advocating spending nothing but a properly organised defence, well-drilled set pieces, players played in the correct position and a fit Darren Bent would get us another 10-12 points over the course of a season.
Agree.

its definatly not as good as people think. look at our goals, where do they come from?

our top 5 goalscorers were in order:

dazza b : 10 (injured for half the season)

aggy b : 6 goals (all in the first half of the season)

stan : 4 goals ( 2 off the main striker for a lot of the season, not even a goalscoring midfeilder at villa, and out towards the end of the season due to sad circumstances, i hope he makes a speedy recovery as he was top for us this season)

super marc : 3 goals ( supposed to be his breakthrough season, didnt do well at all, couple decent performances )

my man eric : 2 goals (i really like this lad, but it shows that a rb who only really played towards the end can get in our top 5 goalscorers, and only 4 of agbonlahor who has pretty much played all season)

to sum up, we have a pathetic squad with almost no goalscoring ability, except for bent who is often very lazy and needs alot of service to be at his best which we dont have currently.

ofc this is all IMO

The £8 million plus 50% of sales makes no sense to me. And I doubt he would let a person not on their list knowledge of our transfer plans?

Sorry mate utter bollocks.

Sports journalism student - "quiche flores" "knowone knows his motive" - bwah hah ha ha ha...

Not only that but your writing is terrible, I'd find another career son. Hold on a second though, did you say you're at Talkshite? Ah, it all makes sense...carry on.

On a serious note, apologies for mocking a fellow fan. I'm sure you've probably heard something that has sparked your excitement and desire to share, it's just that it's probably not true.

Sports journalism student - "quiche flores" "knowone knows his motive" - bwah hah ha ha ha...

Not only that but your writing is terrible, I'd find another career son. Hold on a second though, did you say you're at Talkshite? Ah, it all makes sense...carry on.

On a serious note, apologies for mocking a fellow fan. I'm sure you've probably heard something that has sparked your excitement and desire to share, it's just that it's probably not true.

no need to be such a prick to the guy, hes only spreading what hes heard, which is what most of us come on here for, to see others opinions, and maybe hear some ITk news early. dont slate him, and then slate his career choice, its just not the thing to do to a fellow fan.

i hate it when people think they can say what they like a long as they put a fake apology after it

I can see Norwich playing real hardball for Lambert. They are on a high after a 12th place finish on their first season back up. They'll want to keep as many of their playing and management staff as possible and may just point blank refuse to let us speak to Lambert. Whereas Whelan seems willing to deal with anybody if the price is right.

Whelan can't do a deal with anyone, he really should concentrate on getting a new manager in, Martinez' contract runs out at the end of June, he doesn't have a manager to be trading, why the hell should anyone talk to him to ask permission, there is certainly no need to.

Whelan can't do a deal with anyone, he really should concentrate on getting a new manager in, Martinez' contract runs out at the end of June, he doesn't have a manager to be trading, why the hell should anyone talk to him to ask permission, there is certainly no need to.

I thought he signed an extension last summer? Or was that just for a year?

no need to be such a prick to the guy, hes only spreading what hes heard, which is what most of us come on here for, to see others opinions, and maybe hear some ITk news early. dont slate him, and then slate his career choice, its just not the thing to do to a fellow fan.

i hate it when people think they can say what they like a long as they put a fake apology after it

Fair enough. Sincere apologies. However, anyone pursuing a potential career as a journalist ought to have a thick enough skin to take a bit of ribbing - ask Matt Kendrick or Tim Abraham - I'd also expect them to take a bit more pride in their writing.

thetrees, there are actually some decent sources at talksport. Shame that they report almost every rumour they hear. But they do receive info from well respected journos, the type you see on a sunday sports show on sky

Appreciated mate, and fair play to you for sticking up for them.

I guess that we will all know who the new manager is when Stan Collymore tweets :winkold:

Right...

So if Lerner definitely wants Lambert, and if Lambert apparently wants to come.....

Then why are we approaching Norwich tommorow? Why didn't we do it Monday? It seems a little bit silly to me, unless someone can offer a good explanation into why.

i really don't think our squad is as BAD as some make out.

the squad is easily capable of making 10th place with some good coaching, good tactics, a plan A, B & C, and with minimal injuries.

We were 9 points away from 10th this season, and that was with the worst manager in a generation, zero tactics, no plan, a long list of injuries including our £20m striker out for half the season. Just having had Bent for the whole season and scoring 5-6 more goals would have probably got us 10th, even with AMC at the helm.

What with the Liverpool position up for grabs now, and FSG unwilling to pump in another 100 mil., I can well imagine some pretty hardball dealing going on for Lamberts scribble on the dotted line....

Firstly, the guys that own Liverpool are not that wealthy. They gambled a lot of money on last season paying off and it hasn't.

Secondly, if they were willing to give a new manager £100m (my arse) it would be a top manager spending it. Lambert is not that yet.

In any case they will be after a "sure thing". I doubt they'll want to gamble on somebody. We can.