Confirmed: Paul Lambert new Villa boss

VillaRoy

Firstly, the guys that own Liverpool are not that wealthy. They gambled a lot of money on last season paying off and it hasn't.

Secondly, if they were willing to give a new manager £100m (my arse) it would be a top manager spending it. Lambert is not that yet.

In any case they will be after a "sure thing". I doubt they'll want to gamble on somebody. We can.

Liverpool spent a net £23m last year so it wouldn't be 'another' £100m. I agree, it was spent shockingly badly. I wouldn't let KD anywhere near the chequebook either.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Agent's of Lambert and Martinez must think its Christmas with the current vacancies and their guys being linked.

I agree mate, and this is surely going to drag out any kind of appointment for us. Unless LFC have ruled out Lambert that is.

I really don't think Lambert is Liverplop's cup of tea. After the demise of King Kenny, the Plop fans are going to need to see something sexy in return, someone with champions league experience who is going to do his shopping in Spain & Portugal rather than the lower half of the Premier League, as Kenny had done.

I daresay Lambert, Rodgers & even Martinez would be relatively unpopular from a Plop fans' point of view.

Lambert concertrating on next weeks friendly against Celtic up here, its our Adam Drurys testimonial.
In the light of all this speculation Wiz, have the Norwich fans been talking about who you'd get to replace Lambert if he does go?

I can see Norwich playing real hardball for Lambert. They are on a high after a 12th place finish on their first season back up. They'll want to keep as many of their playing and management staff as possible and may just point blank refuse to let us speak to Lambert. Whereas Whelan seems willing to deal with anybody if the price is right.

Take that as guarenteed...and already been said by our CEO.

I reckon Liverpool will be interested in someone who can get results on a budget, and I think no one could argue that Alan Pardews stock will never be higher at Newcastle. It'll be extremely difficult for him not only to repeat last seasons heroics but also keep onto his best players with Mike Ashley in charge. If I was him Id cash out while I was ahead at Newcastle & if he could get Liverpool back in the top 4 it'd be marked as a huge success. I also think Lambert, Martinez & Rodgers fit that bill but probably wouldnt seem as good for Liverpool fans point of view.

Quite underwhelmed by the thought of lambert

Still, I guess the rate of knots we have fallen as a club & the reality check if where we can go, it's probably par for the course

On a positive, I do think he is better than Martinez

I daresay Lambert, Rodgers & even Martinez would be relatively unpopular from a Plop fans' point of view.

Have you seen RAWK? The entire forum is practically clamouring for Martinez to take over.

Just kidding, they hate the trio :lol: they really do from the looks of it

I can see Norwich playing real hardball for Lambert. They are on a high after a 12th place finish on their first season back up. They'll want to keep as many of their playing and management staff as possible and may just point blank refuse to let us speak to Lambert. Whereas Whelan seems willing to deal with anybody if the price is right.

That NEVER works, and is the last resort of the desperate. If it happens you've lost him. Because either he's happy to stay - in which case there's no need anyway - or he wants to consider his options, in which case it will only make him resentful, and he'll end up going anyway. There may be messy legal/financial entanglements, but it won't stop a want-away employee.

Still, I guess the rate of knots we have fallen as a club & the reality check if where we can go, it's probably par for the course

Sorry but......Lambert is an excellent manager. Consecutive promotions - they don't get much better than that.

That made you sound imo like a plop fan, no disrespect intended.

Lambert concertrating on next weeks friendly against Celtic up here, its our Adam Drurys testimonial.
In the light of all this speculation Wiz, have the Norwich fans been talking about who you'd get to replace Lambert if he does go?

Yes mjmooney, we have.

http://services.pinkun.com/forums/pinkun/cs/forums/2721460/ShowPost.aspx

Steve Bruce... :crylaugh:

Got the same reaction it would here!

Sorry but......Lambert is an excellent manager. Consecutive promotions - they don't get much better than that.

Don't be daft, it's one thing to do well in the lower leagues and another to do it in the PL

See Neil Warnock, Paul Jewel, Craig Burley etc etc etc

That NEVER works, and is the last resort of the desperate. If it happens you've lost him. Because either he's happy to stay - in which case there's no need anyway - or he wants to consider his options, in which case it will only make him resentful, and he'll end up going anyway. There may be messy legal/financial entanglements, but it won't stop a want-away employee.

It saw off Burnley last time we had all this, but in general you're right, it will force the issue one way or not.

Don't be daft, it's one thing to do well in the lower leagues and another to do it in the PL

I think PL has done brilliantly in his first season in the Prem. with a club that were in league 1 two seasons ago.

Its hard to accuse someone not to be daft, when one says Craig Burley, premiership footballer with Chelsea & Derby County, when surely one means George, Ipswich player and manager...