Confirmed: Paul Lambert new Villa boss

VillaRoy

As predicted here, deluded scousers on TalkShite scoffing at Martinez/Lambert/Rodgers, and demanding Guardiola.

Why do people always assume that managers who've won major titles before will replicate their success elsewhere? See Rijkaard for example. Benitez as well, to a smaller extent.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As predicted here, deluded scousers on TalkShite scoffing at Martinez/Lambert/Rodgers, and demanding Guardiola.

They`re not deluded. That clubs goal is to win the league, they are arguably the biggest club in england, they should be in for the top end managers.

fry-can-t-tell-meme-generator-can-t-tell-if-sarcastic-or-genuine-2376da.jpg

Lambert's odds to Villa haven't budged since Queen Kenny was sacked. Martinez has drifted out though.
Mmmm. We spent yesterday trying to convince ourselves that bookies odds made f all difference to stop the panic over Mcarthy going from 33's to 11/8.

For me it is a huge worry. Lambert is the one I want, the one I believe is almost too good for us already. If he ends up at plop, which is a huge worry, I will be incredibly disappointed

Working in the same office as 2 liverpool fans when the news broke on the radio. They were both furious and outraged by the decision to get rid of King Kenny and they told me I didnt have a clue what I was talking about when I mentioned he took over a top 4 club, pissed £100m+ up the wall and finished 8th, no wonder he was sacked.

They then got talking about Rafa taking the job, and they were adamant it would be a major step back for the club if he was reappointed. They seem to forget he won them the champions league!

They are **** deluded the lot of them!!

I wasn`t being sarcastic AVFCforever1991, villa fans are bitter because we are now a bit half arsed and can`t win things anymore.

Whereas liverpool have never really given up.

Lol there players arn't even top 4 quality.. How much did they spend, and were did they end up?

I wasn`t being sarcastic AVFCforever1991, villa fans are bitter because we are now a bit half arsed and can`t win things anymore.

Lol there players arn't even top 4 quality.. How much did they spend, and were did they end up?

You`re struggling to see beyond the end of your nose.

As i said villa fans can be a bitter bunch, because we have given up on former glories and liverpool haven`t.

I have from a very good source that Liverpool want Martinez as coach, Benitez as Director of Football.

Benitez's ego would be far too big to handle that.

Well we will see.. but that's what is on the table right now.

If Lambert 'Over achieves' with Norwich he finishes between 11th-14th. If he over achieves with Villa he finishes 7th-9th

If you're selling us on that basis, he's probably better off where he is.

Why go through the hassle of moving and all that entails just for 3/4 league placings?

Fortunately, I disagree that 7th-9th would be 'over-achieving' for a club like Villa. Whilst not demanding 6th or higher as of right, historically that's where we've been more often than not, certainly since the foundation of the Prem.

With the standard of the league at present, 6th or higher for the Villa in the next few years will be overachieving. Just staying in the league for Norwich would still be overachieving. The core of that side is still players that were around since League One, their wages were/are probably inferior to a lot of Championship clubs.

Lambert (or whoever else for that matter) will get plenty of leeway in at least the first two seasons if we're not in and around 6th place, due to the underperformance of the last clown, and the attritional joyless football that had become the norm on his watch.

Providing they at least take the fight to the opposition and actually set up to try to win matches, that alone will be enough in the medium> short term. But no Villa manager should ever be said to have 'overachieved' by finishing mid table.

As i said villa fans can be a bitter bunch, because we have given up on former glories and liverpool haven`t.

If Liverpool were that ambitious then they would have bought better players than they currently have lol.. Carroll,downing,adam and henderson would all struggle to get into a top 4 side.. If they were that ambitious they would have signed better players.

I fail to understand your logic.

Liverpool are as far away from winning the league as Villa or Everton, yet Villa and Everton fans accept that we are not going to win the league any time soon.

Are they a club trying to win the league? If so, why did they finish the season 37 points and 57 goals off Citeh?

The league is currently:

1/2 out of Manure/Citeh

3/4/5 out of Arsenal/Spuds/Chelsea

Then the rest.

What a load of patronising bollocks.

I haven't given up on anything, but you have to be realistic, which is where I differ from your average Liverpool fan.

Why not Kenny and Steve Clarke to us.

It would be something that Lerner would contemplate.

Not after Houllier it wouldn't.

Kenny doesn't have a dodgy ticker.

Was bad enough on that cold cold Monday night at Klanfield with GH infront of the kop, couldn't be doing with putting up with Kenny as our manager cumming infront of them. No thanks.