Confirmed: Paul Lambert new Villa boss

VillaRoy

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why not Kenny and Steve Clarke to us.

It would be something that Lerner would contemplate.

Not after Houllier it wouldn't.

Kenny doesn't have a dodgy ticker.

I can't see Lerner looking at another over the hill ex-Liverpool manager.

I wasn`t being sarcastic AVFCforever1991, villa fans are bitter because we are now a bit half arsed and can`t win things anymore.

Whereas liverpool have never really given up.

Lol there players arn't even top 4 quality.. How much did they spend, and were did they end up?

You`re struggling to see beyond the end of your nose.

As i said villa fans can be a bitter bunch, because we have given up on former glories and liverpool haven`t.

I think that it is you who are struggling.

You are trying to translate an observation that Liverpool are competing at the level of the also rans, which they patently are, into 'bitterness' of Villa supporters.

It was an unbiased observation, nothng more.

King Kenny won't go back into management

He'll alternate between golfing in Spain and hanging around the Liverpool training ground like a bad smell from here onwards

Maybe not but we didn't think he would employ an ex Birmingham manager either.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if this were to happen and i wouldn't be against it either.

Maybe not but we didn't think he would employ an ex Birmingham manager either.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if this were to happen and i wouldn't be against it either.

Really :shock: , Kenny is about 15 years past his sell by date

Whilst I don't want Kenny Dalglish as manager as he has Liverpool running through his veins and he is probably past his sell by date he is certainly a far better manager than McLeish ever will be.

He won Liverpool the League Cup and got them to the final of the FA Cup and 8th place in the league this season. Something most fans would be creaming themselves over if it happened at Villa.

Thats exactly my point pacbuddies. Did the same at Blackburn and is someone who would command instant respect.

I agree that he has the red of Liverpool running through his veins but i don't think we would see a repeat of GH when we visit plop and i've always admired the way in which he protects the players. So much so in fact that it might have contributed to his downfall.

It just wouldn't surprise me at all if Lerner and Focker blinked when news filtered through of his sacking.

Whilst I don't want Kenny Dalglish as manager as he has Liverpool running through his veins and he is probably past his sell by date he is certainly a far better manager than McLeish ever will be.

He won Liverpool the League Cup and got them to the final of the FA Cup and 8th place in the league this season. Something most fans would be creaming themselves over if it happened at Villa.

Nope, I don't think most Villa fans would be creaming themselves over that at all. I remember O'Neill's last season when many Villa fans were very frustrated despite a couple of Wembley trips and top six finishes. A top eight finish and League Cup would be nice (all silverware is nice) but people wouldn't be deluded enough to think we've hit the big time. There'd be no "creaming".

For historical/financial reasons, a top four finish or an FA Cup win would be "creaming" territory for AVFC.

Thats exactly my point pacbuddies. Did the same at Blackburn and is someone who would command instant respect.

I agree that he has the red of Liverpool running through his veins but i don't think we would see a repeat of GH when we visit plop and i've always admired the way in which he protects the players. So much so in fact that it might have contributed to his downfall.

It just wouldn't surprise me at all if Lerner and Focker blinked when news filtered through of his sacking.

I'm sure their eyes did blink and are continuing to blink! Dalglish would be a wretchedly poor appointment for Villa. He is a dinosaur hideously out of touch with the game. He is a Liverpool man with zero interest in Villa or making Villa great again. It wouldn't surprise me at all if Lerner yawned and didn't give it a passing thought when he heard the news of Dalglish's sacking as he (Lerner) has his eyes focused on a far more hungry and credible candidate.

I can't see why a Lambert/Martinez would risk going to Liverpool (other than financial reasons), it's pretty much career suicide. They finished 8th this season, and that isn't good enough, but look at the squads above them and the only team they should be above is Newcastle (and thats maybe debatable if Newcastle add a bit more depth). Is 7th that much better? And will it keep you in a job at Liverpool? They could come to Villa and finish maybe 12th 1st season without any real pressure and build over 2/3 years quite easily.

The brand of football has to be right and therefore the choice of manager has to be right.

We cannot afford to go for a manager who plays a brand of football that is time and achievement limited. None of the teams in the PL that finish in the top 6, win cups regularly and qualify for Europe regularly play one dimensional direct football. Teams like Stoke etc. have a very limited shelf life and will never amount to anything.

We have to get it right even if it takes time to see the benefits.