ST renewal (only vote if a current ST holder)

TrentVilla

As an existing Season Ticket holder will you renew for next season?  

219 members have voted

1. 1. As an existing Season Ticket holder will you renew for next season?

• Yes - I've already renewed or will do so no matter what
    • Yes - When we are safe
    • No - Because of McLeish
    • No - Because of Lerner
    • No - Because of a non football related reason

Yes, renewed already. Spent a shitload getting an extra ticket for every home game for the missus too so I got her a season ticket as well.

9 months interest free couldn't be turned down

I voted yes - purely because despite the crap that is being dished up on the pitch I still enjoy being with the people I go down with. So that'll will be me, my son, my dad and my mate and his son (5 renewals). But I know of at least 8 who have said that they wont be renewing because of the dire football we are witnessing

I also want to guarentee tickets for away games although I'm sure that this is likely to get easier as more and more decided to do other things.

But most of all I also want to guarntee my ticket for next seasons FA Cup final :)

I've renewed to get away from Saturday shopping, gardening and visiting inlaws, so I can have a couple of afternoon pints and a catch up with mates. Telling the misses I'm going down the pub for the afternoon wouldn't cut it.

My expectancy of the team doing well or seeing us play decent football is non non-existent but it won't stop me having a good afternoon out, I was pretty bored by the game yesterday until I jumped out of my seat for the awesome goal.

The cheap price made it easier to renew early, £295 = £15.50 a game, Tamworth charge between £14 -£16 for seating. It's a great price and two people I know have gotten one who didn't have one last year as a result.

If I hadn't already renewed the stories of redevelopment causing pubs like the Eddies, Ads and Social to close would of made it a harder decision than that of who is going to be the manager.

I'm renewing, my lads ticket has gone up but mine has gone down so will be playing slightly more than this season. Had mine not been reduced then I may have thought twice due to financial reasons more than anything. Would have picked games and got bargain tickets. However I'm glad we can renew cos I love going, always have done and my lads enthusiasm keeps me going even when I get a bit moody with the performances. UTV

I haven't renewed yet but I will, irrespective of who the manager/ owner is.

I'm not happy with current performances but I want to renew. I still enjoy going to the games, it fills up my Saturday afternoon, it's still a laugh & I still get the buzz walking up to Villa Park.

I'm not too bothered about calling for McLeish's head, simply because I can't be bothered. I have enough going in my life to concentrate on, without adding a bit of anguish towards the Villa manager. I'll let him get on with it, I'll support the team, I'll sing the songs and buy a ticket.

I'll still be in the Holte next year, hopefully cheering on some better performances and players!

Kind of depends on how my own life goes over the summer.

Might just do the odd away game, shouldn't be hard to get tickets for them.

I said this before I would rather be in the Championship with a decent manager playing some entertaining football than in the Prem with this clown in charge. I dont enjoy going to games at all, its a chore and more of a force of habit than anything else for why I go to the games.

Weirdly enough my choice isn't there - but then again I'd probably be in a minority anyway:

I'd get a season ticket next year if McLeish was sacked OR if we were relegated oddly enough.

This strange condition is for a few reasons, one being that I hope that would be enough to see the back of him but also because we'd get more games and you'd hope that it would be successful campaign. At the moment the prospect of next year fills me with no hope so why would I want one of the more expensive tickets (Trinity Lower) knowing it's going to be painful every other week.

Don't get me wrong, I'd hate to see us relegated but if we did I'd feel more inclined to watch us every week in the knowledge that at least we'd be aiming for the top rather than simply survival.

I don't want to be a big fish in a small pool but I can't deny that it'd be nicer to watch (in terms of hope if not quality) - or put it this way, I'll support Villa til I die but I'll only spend a lot on what is a luxury at the end of the day if you feel like it will make you happy; whether that be the Premiership or League Two. It's like having a high paid high pressured job, great benefits but sometimes you just wish for the relative relaxation of an office job where this is no pressure. But we'd all like to get back to the high powered job eventually!

i clicked no-because of mcleish but its 70/30 because of him, i really do need to save for a deposit on a mortgage, but if things were going a little better i could probably stretch to one of the £295 tickets, ill look at getting a half season ticket if he who shall not be named is sacked or resigns.

this is my 4th season in a row ive had a ticket now (always attended games but last time before i had a ST was olearys second season), over the last couple of years ive suffered with a slipped disc in the bottom of my spine, meaning work is difficult enough (im a bricklayer) but ive always put what little money i had into buying a season ticket, but this season its feels like i have been taken for granted. the club said thanks for your £500, enjoy your free pie now sit down, shut up and dont speak up against the managment because you wont be listened to.

The football is rubbish, the atmosphere is rubbish and our prospects if we stay in the Premier League are rubbish with McLeish in charge. Overall not a great advertisement for season tickets.

It's a real head and heart battle for me at the moment. My reason for not renewing would be McLeish given he is responsible for the tripe we see on the pitch.

I have come to the conclusion that Lerner is a poor owner for the sole reason he has never appointed anyone with any football knowledge who would have prevented the excesses of MON and prevented the appointment of McLeish. Bizarrely I think his heart is probably in the right place.

So sitting on the fence for the moment. As I did say on another thread I would definitely renew if AMcL was gone regardless of relegation. Oh and my mate and his son who we go with are not renewing so that's another two to chalk off.

I voted No - McLeish (although if I could have put Lerner as well then I would have).

I decided a few months ago that I as not going to renew until Mcleish had gone because I do not see the point of paying out a fortune to be bored shitless every game and have a depressing weekend almost guaranteed. I don't enjoy going any more and I don't look forward to match day any more so that is it for me until things improve. This season has been worse than O'Leary's last season in charge and that is quite an achievement!

I asked my son on the way home from the Stoke game if he was interested in a season ticket for next season and he stated that he didn't want one until McLeish had gone because he didn't want to watch shit every week and he doesn't even pay for the season ticket as I pay for them both!

So that's £1040 I will be saving (or £1060 if you count the fact that the prices go up after the deadline).

So that's £1040 I will be saving (or £1060 if you count the fact that the prices go up after the deadline).

the impression i got off the bloke who keeps phoning me from the ticket office at VP trying to get me to renew is that you will get the cheaper ticket if you choose to renew after the deadline

To be honest I don't know. There's no excitement or enjoyment of going down there anymore which I blame McLeish for (and by that respect I guess Lerner is the culprit for appointing him).

This, i've been going down the Villa for nearly 30 years and ST holder for most of that and i can't remember a time where it's such an effort to go and watch the club i love.

I echo these sentiments. After 40 odd years of holding a ST if i don't renew i don't know what i'd do on a matchday. It does guarantee away tickets but i have to buy 3 ST's in total for the kids as well. It's more than a grand to lay out and that's not taking into account on average 12-15 away matches for the 3 of us each season.

It's not that the football is so bad (which is undeniable) it's because there's no sign of it getting any better under this regime and maybe by not renewing it might trigger change.

There's no optimism anymore which is the saddest part.

I was that board against stoke I was tempted to watch the WH v SHA game on Sky Go on my mobile...I didn't resort to it thou...

I was adamant I was going to renew a few weeks ago, but I am so bored right now and it's so much effort to go I am actually losing family day outs too.

I will see how pre-season goes before I decide, but i am not holding my breath!

I'm renewing, regardless of who the manager is, or how badly Lerner is running the club, I love this club too much to turn my back on it when the going gets tough.

This.

I've renewed already, yet have dropped to the £295 seats. I would have renewed at full price, yet that saving was too much to turn down. Especially considering I have to travel down from Liverpool for every home game.

That ST would be good value in the Championship, nevermind the PL.

£1k for me and my son in the Trinity. No chance will I renew. I love AVFC and have supported them for 40 years but its so boring and expensive as well as the prem in general being uncompetitive. I could actually stomach the mid table mediocrity if we were actualy entertained for a change. Watched yesterday on a stream on the TV as I couldn't be bothered to go. Glad I didn't bother.

the only positive is that we may have a few decent youngsters coming through. belnd that with a few experienced and good players (Hutton I ain't looking at you) and we could be fine. Re - sign Barry?